Thank You

Advertisement
Thanks for all of your expert info for the past few years. You’ve made this website like crack, especially around this time of year. Best of luck going forward. I’m sure it’s not the last we will be hearing your name.

hOKPbwb.gif

Here’s a couple for the road!!

original_95871920.gif

giphy.gif

5eabb6cade1d6055d591d5b5e7630243-1.gif

This I the best farewell I’ve ever seen.

Ever!!

You the man Port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what happens when the board is full of posters who refuse to pay anything for Premium content and then complain about how Pete is not doing his job. I would have gladly paid 3-5x more then what is being offered at 247 or canesport because The Work was truley that good. There's a reson why Petes stuff should be paid for, because it elimnates people who always vitcimize themselves, pays Pete what he's truly worth (which is a lot IMO) and establishes a segment of people who actually value his time and understand how hard it is to establish those sources. Best of luck Pete, you will be missed!

It was pretty awesome seeing you grow in this capacity.

Youll be successful in anything you do. Just represent this U in all you do, Good Brother.

Thanks for the analysis.

Advertisement
Man. Hate to see you go. Just know your twitter page was at the top of my safari browser. You really made my love for the Canes expand because I was always in touch. You’ve got this place going and we won’t forget.

Salute my dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ever been friends with a married couple where it looks like the perfect marriage from the outside, then suddenly you hear they are getting divorced and it's like WTF? That's what this reminds me of. Ariz and Canes football looked like the perfect marriage.

Used to post on Shadows board, but that site went silent and was lucky to find CIS. First couple of posts I got lit up and felt like I was in the WEZ. It was a good initiation. Need thick skin here. Was awesome to see Ariz building an empire, thought he was the next Mel Kiper Jr. Launching OTH, causing Joy Taylor to get wet sitting next to him, looked like sky was the limit. So this news caught me by surprise, but I have no doubt that a young man as smart as Pete will carve out a fine niche in whatever field he chooses.

One more for the road
moto-fesse.jpg

Last edited:
I can relate so much with this post. Thanks, Pete. Props to following the dream for as long as you did.

Advertisement
Don't post much but I check this site every day. I stopped checking CaneSport when I found this site. Pete does a better job than most professionals that have been doing it for years. He was a prodigy, and he will do great in whatever profession he chooses. Selfishly I wish he'd stick with this because of the quality of what he has brought to the table. Thank you Pete for everything you've done to build CanesInSight.

Peter dropped a podcast last night and then quit this morning. It's less than two weeks from signing day. He helped build a brand, a Canes empire, which is more popular today than ever before. The Canes are actually, for the first time in 10+ years, "trending up." We're nationally relevant again, and that means more clicks, more money. Yet, abruptly, he walks away. In slow motion, with cars exploding in the background.

We obviously have no idea what's transpired behind the scenes, but this decision seems hasty.

Peter, good luck to you. It's been a pleasure watching you grow as a journalist, and we've appreciated the information you've brought to the board. I'll miss The Work, the podcasts, your sniping of trolls. You're a real one, and it sucks that you're leaving.

When you get past whatever it is that's turned your world upside down, when the dust settles and your head clears, we'll still be here, thirsty for information. Come back now, ya hear?

And if you don't come back, we're rooting for ya.

I would like to start by apologizing to anybody who I have lashed out at over the last few months. I have been in a transition period of my life and it has led to me acting like a fool and doing/saying things out of frustration that were out of character and immature. There is no excuse for the way I’ve handled some situations, but that does not change the fact it happened so I wanted to acknowledge that.

Since I was 15 years old, I’ve devoted my time to covering the Hurricanes and recruiting. It was my passion and dream to be in the media field and I’ve been beyond lucky to be given incredible opportunities to do so over the past 8 years. However, as I’m sure many of you have experienced yourselves, life changes your outlook on certain things and the path that you thought was right for you, might not be anymore. I am moving on to follow a different avenue and pursue opportunities outside of this field.

I want to thank you all for your support of my work over the years and helping push me to where I am today. The Hurricanes fans are the best in the world. Nobody outside of this fan base will ever understand what it means to truly bleed orange and green. You guys built this place.

I specifically owe a lot to [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION], who has been a mentor and guided me along the way. He gave me the chance of a lifetime to run this site and we went head-to-head with some of the most established media organizations in the country to deliver the best information possible about the program that you all love. This website will still be here and the community that you all built will always have a special place in my heart.

Thank you to Brett and CanesWear for helping make the Canesinsight podcast as successful as it was over the last year and a half. He took a leap of faith in July 2016 and our partnership was special.

A very special thanks to my good friend Jim Sallah and the guys at Sallah, Astarita, and Cox as well.

Thank you to WQAM, Alex Donno, Big O, and Ryan Maguire for extending their platform to me over the last couple years to help promote the Canesinsight brand and believing in me.

To the guys at OTH, it was surreal to work with some of my childhood heroes in a professional capacity. The platform they have created is unprecedented across the college football landscape and I highly suggest checking out their content.

To Will Manso at WPLG and Eric Esteban at Fox Sports Florida, you guys trusted a 22-year old kid to be on TV and helped me fulfill my dream of being an on-camera talent. I cannot put into words how grateful I am for that.

Last but not least, I need to give special recognition to my high school mentors Omar Delgado and Christina Insua, who instilled confidence in me at an early age to follow my dreams in the journalism world.

Please respect my decision. Plug out.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
Advertisement
We may all be idiots, but we'll always be Pete's idiots. Don't forget about us, homie.

Advertisement
Back