Thank You, Mark Richt!

Agree OP. The IPF is already proving it's worth. Facilities are a major draw and were sorely lacking at the U. Note the thread a couple of weeks ago about LSU's new locker rooms with sleeping pods.

Say what you will about Richt's on the field performance (and I agree with the majority of the criticism), but his off the field accomplishments can not be understated.

Advertisement
There was always an Upside, and a Downside to Richt...............that is reality, and I am sure the U, BOTS, fans, and others appreciated his effort.
On the field if Manny reaps the rewards this year, there will be more accolades.
We will take them, but as JJ said........."Just win the **** game for the Canes"...........that's all.

latest
Really?
Everybody was overjoyed to see him retire. The only reason the BOT opened up the checkbook is because of him. He also walked away from millions. Remember, the only reason for optimism this season is because of him.

There's just no need to bash him. He's gone and left us better than he found us.

hey ooooooooo! looks like i found the CIS message board hero

PwHhVsh.jpg
Four posts in and you're either a ****posting troll or a ****posting gator troll. You're not even an FNG, you're a FUNGUS.

Advertisement
Actually Mark fit the conditions when he came in and made the improvements necessary for success. He not only gave us the IPF, he got us Manny Diaz and stepped down so Manny could take the reins. I don't think anyone else could've accomplished what Mark did including cleaning up our image. Came in at the right time and knew when to call it quits. Class act!

Advertisement
Richt giveth and Richt has taken away... score even... save the platitudes...

He set this program back just as much as the other two before him...
We were fortunate that he and his family wagon rolled out of town...
Or this year would have been the worst in the last 20 years and this program would have been screwed for another 20.

Rick can show us the $16M in canceled checks he stole from UM and then show us the $750K he robbed for his mongoloid son.
We got the first 10 win season since Bush' first term, the first ever Coastal championship, and the pride of beating the crap out of the gold domers for that $16 million. Not to mention better recruiting and a BOT that resolved to win again.

My theory is that he thought his son was good and tried to give him a career boost. Boy, did that fail.

He also gave us Manny. Hopefully, that will be a bigger legacy than the IPF.

I
He deserves it.

I was upset by the Richt hire and as critical as anyone with his management of the offense and special teams.

Still, you would have be a punk *** hater to not give him credit for his accomplishments.

That 58-0 beatdown was the most embarrassing moment I have experienced as a Cane fan. It’s right up there with FSU 97 and UVag 10.

It was a terrible time and we were the laughing stock of college football.

He didn’t get us where we wanted, but he sure as **** put us in the right direction. Instead of sinking us with his ego he stepped away peacefully and gracefully.

I wish him well in his future endeavors.
Im not really sure that beat down by an all time great like D. Watson was any more embarrassing than losing to a .500 Big 10 team 7 months ago by almost 5 touchdowns

Advertisement
He didn't say Mork was the only person to thank.
This ain’t a fcking telethon. Sick of you maudlin saps thanking rick for being a decent guy. He and his developmentally disabled son fleeced this place for **** near $20M and were in the process of choking us out. He benefited from the relationship more than UM did.

We're getting our money's worth out of this Indoor Practice Facility!

No more interrupted practices!

No more rained out - events!

Players can come and go to get better, and better, and better!

We know you didn't do it by yourself - but you took the baton and started leading the band - thank you for that!

Then, you left a lot of money on the table when you left - and we thank you for that!

But this Indoor Practice Facility? You left an indelible mark on this football program for decades!

Thank YOU!
Also add to the improvements of Miami’s overall football facilities in terms of weight room improvements, coaching offices, meeting rooms, recruiting lounge and I believe a lockeroom update is coming as well which was all needed for Miami. That’s only a bonus but as you said our players are putting in even more time with the IPF and it’s great that practice can keep going on with how wishy washy Florida weather can be especially around this time of the year

39FBB0F0-1709-4B3E-8CEE-224EE4557FF6.jpeg

7D2F5187-F612-45B9-B78F-9F0FACA67DC4.jpeg

08C6E487-4682-49F4-92C4-C3046AC0830D.jpeg

Last edited:
We got the first 10 win season since Bush' first term, the first ever Coastal championship, and the pride of beating the crap out of the gold domers for that $16 million. Not to mention better recruiting and a BOT that resolved to win again.

My theory is that he thought his son was good and tried to give him a career boost. Boy, did that fail.

He also gave us Manny. Hopefully, that will be a bigger legacy than the IPF.
So we need to eat his *** three times a week in perpetuity for having one decent season and even finding a way to end that one in the shyttiest way possible? Nah.

Advertisement
So we need to eat his *** three times a week in perpetuity for having one decent season and even finding a way to end that one in the shyttiest way possible? Nah.
No need to eat his ***. Unless you want to. In which case I'll support you because I generally respect your contributions.

Likewise, when somebody chooses to, no need to automatically go to the other extreme.

OP apparently felt it bore repeating. I'd have preferred another Nick Buoniconti thread.

Mark Richt almost gave us Patke & Banda as Co-Def coordinators if he had his way. For his 4-5mm a year, he simply couldn't be bothered with actually conducting a real hiring search. His family was given somewhere around 15mm dollars and in turn over 3 yrs gave us 2 quality wins against WVU in 2016 and ND in 2017. He also had the good fortune to play against FSU's 2 worst teams in the past 3 decades

We're getting our money's worth out of this Indoor Practice Facility!

No more interrupted practices!

No more rained out - events!

Players can come and go to get better, and better, and better!

We know you didn't do it by yourself - but you took the baton and started leading the band - thank you for that!

Then, you left a lot of money on the table when you left - and we thank you for that!

But this Indoor Practice Facility? You left an indelible mark on this football program for decades!

Thank YOU!
For what!!? It was getting built regardless!! He should have fired his son and he would probably still be here!! Let Richt go off in the sunset!

Advertisement
Back