Thank you Coach Richt!

No it's unfortunate that the university hired a fraud who refused to implement even the most basic fundamentals of football, practiced blatant nepotism, and didn't hold anyone accountable.

I’ll never hate anyone who knows when it’s time to hang it up.

Advertisement
I’ll never hate anyone who knows when it’s time to hang it up.
He didn't want to "hang them up." The university forced his hand by implying that if he didn't fire his son and hire an OC, they would make the changes for him and he walked away. He put his sons job, and personal play calling ahead of the success of the program. He was a fraud at Georgia and he was a fraud here. He knew if he took his mega buyout, he would be seen as a scumbag so he didn't. Thankfully that have us money to buy some real coaches.

No it's unfortunate that the university hired a fraud who refused to implement even the most basic fundamentals of football, practiced blatant nepotism, and didn't hold anyone accountable.
Regardless of how you feel he is a cane and bleeds orange & green and played a significant role in helping turn the program in the right direction in the time he did in my opinion. So, much respect to him.

Last edited:
Regardless of how you feel he is a cane and bleeds orange & green and played a significant role in helping turn the program in the right direction on the time he did in my opinion. So much respect to him.
Agreed, yet a lot of fans were calling him a bible-thumping ***g*t at games last year and the year before - possibly longer, as I recall. That's low. CMR made mistakes and stayed too long, but he did a lot of good for us.

Guy did a lot for this program in short amount of time (least of which was winning the coastal, going 10-2 in reg season, and having the #1 storyline in 2017 w The U chain).

Toss in an IPF, a solid ‘18 class, and him stepping away from 20 million buyout...

That’s a true Cane right there.

Advertisement
Agreed, yet a lot of fans were calling him a bible-thumping ***g*t at games last year and the year before - possibly longer, as I recall. That's low. CMR made mistakes and stayed too long, but he did a lot of good for us.
He's definitely a cane but he used the same car-salesman bs that al golden used. Alot of high-power rhetoric and nothing to back it up. And he "donated" 1 million dollars of his own money to ensure he's get an instant contract extension. He labelled himself as a qb guru and when was the last time he developed a truly great qb? Ward? He's a cane but he's a fraud.

He's definitely a cane but he used the same car-salesman bs that al golden used. Alot of high-power rhetoric and nothing to back it up. And he "donated" 1 million dollars of his own money to ensure he's get an instant contract extension. He labelled himself as a qb guru and when was the last time he developed a truly great qb? Ward? He's a cane but he's a fraud.
I get it. There’s good and bad for sure. We’ve moved on - and that’s the best part. Go Canes.

He didn't want to "hang them up." The university forced his hand by implying that if he didn't fire his son and hire an OC, they would make the changes for him and he walked away. He put his sons job, and personal play calling ahead of the success of the program. He was a fraud at Georgia and he was a fraud here. He knew if he took his mega buyout, he would be seen as a scumbag so he didn't. Thankfully that have us money to buy some real coaches.
The guy won an average of 10 games a season at UGA in the SEC and he was a fraud? So many of our fans are trash and you are one of them.

One thing you got right is that he is a Cane. Something that you are not.

Advertisement
Guy did a lot for this program in short amount of time (least of which was winning the coastal, going 10-2 in reg season, and having the #1 storyline in 2017 w The U chain).

Toss in an IPF, a solid ‘18 class, and him stepping away from 20 million buyout...

That’s a true Cane right there.

Exactly, unlike Kyle Schick, whoever the F that is.

He had one "good" season where his team won 10 games by the slightest and luckiest margin at Miami. He had one "good" recruiting class. He had two bad years and two bad recruiting classes. Winning an average of 10 games a year with the budget and talent of UGA and never winning the conference and never winning a national championship is terrible. Richt built a career on under-performing. You cant see it because youre brainwashed to love him for whatever reason. My screen-name is my actual name. Im not hiding behind some dumb-*** username like you who is obviously so butthurt over a different opinion than your own that you have to send three separate replies:cry: lol.

I keep seeing posts about all the money Richt left on the table but did he? Was his contract guaranteed? He retired, which means he voluntarily removed himself from fulfilling his part of the contract. I'm not a lawyer but I have a hard time believing he was owed anything (barring a guaranteed contract, which I highly doubt) seeing as he quit.

I keep seeing posts about all the money Richt left on the table but did he? Was his contract guaranteed? He retired, which means he voluntarily removed himself from fulfilling his part of the contract. I'm not a lawyer but I have a hard time believing he was owed anything (barring a guaranteed contract, which I highly doubt) seeing as he quit.

Really? LOL

He walked away from his contract. That’s leaving $20 million on the table. What would most coaches have done? Sat down and negotiated an exit. I guess you don’t know how it works. He didn’t do that, he just left

Advertisement
Really? LOL

He walked away from his contract. That’s leaving $20 million on the table. What would most coaches have done? Sat down and negotiated an exit. I guess you don’t know how it works. He didn’t do that, he just left
I understand he could have just kept "coaching" forcing Miami to pay him but he retired. Like you said, he walked away from it. I also understand he could have made a deal but if Miami didn't want to pay him, honestly what's the choice? Again, I'm not a lawyer but I do have a college degree and I'm pretty confident he would have to keep coaching or retire with nothing. Unless the contract was guaranteed, which I do not believe is the case.
People are acting as If his contract was guaranteed and he walked away anyway.

I understand he could have just kept "coaching" forcing Miami to pay him but he retired. Like you said, he walked away from it. I also understand he could have made a deal but if Miami didn't want to pay him, honestly what's the choice? Again, I'm not a lawyer but I do have a college degree and I'm pretty confident he would have to keep coaching or retire with nothing. Unless the contract was guaranteed, which I do not believe is the case.
People are acting as If his contract was guaranteed and he walked away anyway.

Happens in 100% of these cases - assuming the coach wants to retire he sits down and negotiates a settlement with University. They always want to work out a settlement. Nobody does what he did .. nobody

People want to keep slamming him feel free. I’m his biggest critic as anybody as far as his hiring of offensive coaches, all who betrayed him, and his archaic offense.

But this continual attack on his character is beyond pathetic. But feel free it’s a free country. But I’m telling you that 100% of the time in the past in these situations a settlement is achieved, because he had 100% of the leverage.

He used 0% of his leverage. Nobody does that. It is literally walking away from 20 million, or if you want to quibble maybe 10 or 15 million. If you don’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.

Compared to Al Golden, who had an ironclad contract, was paid a settlement, and is now suing for even more. Two differences in the character of people.

Happens in 100% of these cases - assuming the coach wants to retire he sits down and negotiates a settlement with University. They always want to work out a settlement. Nobody does what he did .. nobody

People want to keep slamming him feel free. I’m his biggest critic as anybody as far as his hiring of offensive coaches, all who betrayed him, and his archaic offense.

But this continual attack on his character is beyond pathetic. But feel free it’s a free country. But I’m telling you that 100% of the time in the past in these situations a settlement is achieved, because he had 100% of the leverage.

He used 0% of his leverage. Nobody does that. It is literally walking away from 20 million, or if you want to quibble maybe 10 or 15 million. If you don’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.

Compared to Al Golden, who had an ironclad contract, was paid a settlement, and is now suing for even more. Two differences in the character of people.
Oh I'm not slamming him or his character, I know and appreciate the man he is. I was legitimately interested in why he would be owed any money for quitting. Call it what you want but that's what he did, which should violate his part of the contract. Most deals are made with buyouts, because the school wants to fire the coach before the contract is up or because another school wants to hire him. This was neither, he chose to voluntarily forfeit his part of an ongoing contract.
Again, not attacking him or trying to start a back and forth about what's right or not. Just trying to figure out the facts because it doesn't sound right.
Either way, it's over and I'm glad it worked out for Miami.

Advertisement
Oh I'm not slamming him or his character, I know and appreciate the man he is. I was legitimately interested in why he would be owed any money for quitting. Call it what you want but that's what he did, which should violate his part of the contract. Most deals are made with buyouts, because the school wants to fire the coach before the contract is up or because another school wants to hire him. This was neither, he chose to voluntarily forfeit his part of an ongoing contract.
Again, not attacking him or trying to start a back and forth about what's right or not. Just trying to figure out the facts because it doesn't sound right.

He didn’t use his leverage and he walked away. It’s a simple as that. And as a matter of fact contracts can have walk away clauses. Why do you think the University keeps so profusely and profoundly thanking him. There’s a reason for that. Yes there is a possible scenario where he didn’t have that clause, and he walked away, and the university technically would not have to pay him. The point is that he didn’t do that. He could have said I will resign but you will have to pay me, And they would have.

If you continue to have a hard time with what I’m telling you, look at how shark fvcker left the University of Florida. They had grounds to fire him 100%, without paying him a single cent. Yet they paid him a decent percentage of his separation clause. That’s what always happens. I guess if you don’t get how these things have happened in the past, then you would not understand what I’m saying

He didn’t use his leverage and he walked away. It’s a simple as that. And as a matter of fact contracts can have walk away clauses. Why do you think the University keeps so profusely and profoundly thanking him. There’s a reason for that. Yes there is a possible scenario where he didn’t have that clause, and he walked away, and the university technically would not have to pay him. The point is that he didn’t do that. He could have said I will resign but you will have to pay me, And they.

If you continue to have a hard time with what I’m telling you, look at how shark fvcker left the University of Florida. They had grounds to fire him 100%, without paying him a single cent. Yet they paid him a decent percentage of his separation clause. That’s what always happens. I guess if you don’t get how these things have happened in the past, then you would not understand what I’m saying
I do understand, both parties would want to move on and work something out to do so. Like I said, just trying to understand the facts of this situation

Advertisement
Back