Thank you Coach Richt!

The character of the man will never be in question. Find me five other coaches who walked away like he did with millions on the table. What he did is nearly unfathomable in today's world in any profession. 99.99 perecent go out with a golden parachute and he didn't. That's just crazy and absolutely unselfish of him in what is a selfish world.

Advertisement
No it's unfortunate that the university hired a fraud who refused to implement even the most basic fundamentals of football, practiced blatant nepotism, and didn't hold anyone accountable.

Careful. Some of us knew him as a freshman. He is family and left with a dignity I cannot remember anyone having before. While he is technically guilty of most of what you say, he no longer a hired hand, so his relationship is pure family and now hands off. I was BBB all the way and beat on Mark last year a ton but his exit alone justified his tenure. If you don’t see that, you have not been around enough slime sucking pieces of crap to recognize a good man.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I got no animosity towards Richt, I'm just happy he did the right thing stepping down & is no longer running this offense.

The fact he didn't ask for any of the money left on his contract allowed for us to spend top dollar to get Enos & double up the rest of the support staff.

I think we agreed most of the time on Mark last year. I agree with all you said here also. He left with a great deal more class than I would have.

Advertisement
Classiest move stepping down the way he did .. highest respect ..you don’t see that **** now days
Beat FSU 2/3 and destroyed ND is our biggest game in the last 15 years

Got outdated, old, did not fire son and friends

Brought excitement, Manny, inside facility.

Good>bad

Let’s move on.. he is a cane!

No it's unfortunate that the university hired a fraud who refused to implement even the most basic fundamentals of football, practiced blatant nepotism, and didn't hold anyone accountable.

Advertisement
The character of the man will never be in question. Find me five other coaches who walked away like he did with millions on the table. What he did is nearly unfathomable in today's world in any profession. 99.99 perecent go out with a golden parachute and he didn't. That's just crazy and absolutely unselfish of him in what is a selfish world.

FIVE?? I'm having trouble thinking of ONE besides Richt. TRUE CLASS, TRUE CANE

But I'm still glad he decided to walk away

I'D SHAKE THAT ***** HAND IF I SAW HIM. TAKES A REAL MAN TO ADMIT HE'S WRONG. AND A EVEN REALER MAN TO WALK AWAY FROM MILLIONS HE WAS RIGHTFULLY OWED. IF HE WAS GETTING ROBBED AND I KNEW THE GITS I'D GET HIS **** BACK FOR HIM AND PAY THE GITS.

AND I'M BEING 100 MY ***** THAT WHITE BOY FOREVER GOT MY RESPECT.

Just curious. Why would you reward thievery? If you knew the gits that would make you a valuable witness.

Advertisement
Love him. He is a true Cane. He is such a cane he stepped down and didn't ask for any money . That's all you need to know. He brought in the 2 best recruiting classes this school has seen in the last 15 years as well. And as other said he built the program. The program is in better hands now but make no mistake there is no TNM without Richt being here first.

Advertisement
Back