Thank you Coach L and Seniors for our first Elite 8

TOs caused by Refs going totally one way to start the second half

The NCAA couldn't fathom 3 ACC teams in the final 4

Did u hear the opening comments made by the play by play team?? Talking about the ACC commish (paraphrasing) shouldn’t count his 3 schools in the Final 4 just yet since KU is the #1 seed & St Pete is an upset minded school?

I’m like bro, why is that commentary even necessary.

Advertisement
Agreed; just think of the state of the program last season, w/ Coach L’s tenure in dire straights. No one expected this Miami team to do anything, yet here they were, going blow for blow w/ a prohibitive favorite to win this whole thing. The T.O’s got to them in the 2nd half, & the snowball effect happened, but that doesn’t discount a wonderful, magical season The U had.

Salute.
Facts!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very fun team. Was another big shy of being a final 4 team. Hope Wong comes back he won’t be drafted and will be bouncing around G league. Hopefully he just tests the waters and comes back.

Did u hear the opening comments made by the play by play team?? Talking about the ACC commish (paraphrasing) shouldn’t count his 3 schools in the Final 4 just yet since KU is the #1 seed & St Pete is an upset minded school?

I’m like bro, why is that commentary even necessary.
Don't take seriously. Reggie be playing around, just like the rest of the TNT crew.

Advertisement
Agreed. To sustain this momentum we need to get back to the Sweet 16 (at least) next year.
Good lord, here we go with unrealistic expectations, from a fanbase that ignores the program more often than not. People act like you just snap your fingers and make it to the S16, especially after losing guys like Charlie Moore, Kam McGusty and Sam. With the incoming freshman, what is returning and what Miami may potentially grab in the portal, I expect this team to be a strong contender in the ACC, and firmly in the tournament. I'd love another similar run, but I also understand getting back to where we were before the FBI crap is a good step(Being consistently in the Top 25 and a good seed in the tournament). is probably the next step. If you expect a S16 season next year, you are bound to be disappointed.

Agreed. To sustain this momentum we need to get back to the Sweet 16 (at least) next year.
I don’t see a reason why the S16 would be out of reach if Miller and Wong come back and L finds a piece or two in the portal. Need a legit 5 man. Being so guard heavy is great, but not sustainable when you aren’t making threes against a team like Kansas. Next year might be a bumpy ride though. It’s not easy losing at least 3 of your most important 4 guys. Having the old backcourt this year was a blessing and masked a lot of deficiencies, most teams wouldn’t have been able to overcome.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't take seriously. Reggie be playing around, just like the rest of the TNT crew.

No, it wasn’t Reggie who said it; Reggie actually said the ACC could have a possible 3 teams in the Final Four, & then his partner said what I mentioned.

Good lord, here we go with unrealistic expectations, from a fanbase that ignores the program more often than not. People act like you just snap your fingers and make it to the S16, especially after losing guys like Charlie Moore, Kam McGusty and Sam. With the incoming freshman, what is returning and what Miami may potentially grab in the portal, I expect this team to be a strong contender in the ACC, and firmly in the tournament. I'd love another similar run, but I also understand getting back to where we were before the FBI crap is a good step(Being consistently in the Top 25 and a good seed in the tournament). is probably the next step. If you expect a S16 season next year, you are bound to be disappointed.
I'm not talking about expectations, them making to the Big Dance is good enough for me (at this current stage).

If you want to take the next step (top 40), you need to be continuous playing in the second weekend of the tournament.

After you established winning a couple games in the tournament on an annual basis, now you can start having Final Four expectations.

This season was a great year, but it was the first in the last six seasons. Therefore, they have to be consistent to be respected nationally, they're well respected in the conference.

Before the FBI investigation, they was on the verge of taking that next step.

Advertisement
Back