Thank you Butch Davis

Advertisement
This thread started out shaky but right now it is by the far the best thread going here, and it's not even close.....

50 cent laughing GIF

Pacific. A run or b

Via the Columbia and Clearwater rivers.

I always just think of coastal states, like Alaska, Washington, or Oregon, so those puppies are swimming a long way, like hundreds of miles.

Must be nice to grill up or fry up salmon you literally just caught minutes ago. I would also literally eat some of that delicious pink meat right there without cooking it, like nice sashimi

Advertisement
I always just think of coastal states, like Alaska, Washington, or Oregon, so those puppies are swimming a long way, like hundreds of miles.

Must be nice to grill up or fry up salmon you literally just caught minutes ago. I would also literally eat some of that delicious pink meat right there without cooking it, like nice sashimi
Cedar Plank Salmon...or Poached Salmon on top of a Roasted Red Pepper Coulis...or gtfoh...

Sure. 45 minutes north of me is the 'mecca' of salmon fishing in Idaho. Little town called riggins that turns into a **** show during salmon season. Combat fishing!!!

The native Americans have no limit. They'll gaff hook or net salmon/steelhead off the bank. They bring the fish to the town I live in and sell it. Sometimes **** in the coolers.

Advertisement
LOL....wait...what?

Ha. That's the rumor. They spend all day on the river - they have no limit - and bring it to town to sell. I live in a resort town so they are usually selling to people on vacation, etc. I've heard from multiple people that they **** in the coolers before they come to town.

Ha. That's the rumor. They spend all day on the river - they have no limit - and bring it to town to sell. I live in a resort town so they are usually selling to people on vacation, etc. I've heard from multiple people that they **** in the coolers before they come to town.

Now I’ll know to catch my own salmon in Idaho

The native Americans have no limit. They'll gaff hook or net salmon/steelhead off the bank. They bring the fish to the town I live in and sell it. Sometimes **** in the coolers.
Probably early seasoning, maybe they like it salty. Who knows

Advertisement
I flavor and crisp the skin as a side chip when I sauté mine. How do you poach ? I’ve done in apple cider vinegar very slowly with some aromatics.
In a half pan that's simmering with Court bouillon (Fish stock) ..no rapid boil about 170°...Take an 8oz (or more) Salmon Fillet and Submerge it for about 10mins...or 110° with a thermometer....make sure the fish stock has sprigs of Fresh herbs wrapped in cheese cloth (Bouquet Garni) for more flavor...

I’m just a line cook compared to you guys, that shlt sounds complicated. I’ll just fry it or roast it. But I’ll come over and bring the libations and “aromatics” 💨

Advertisement
In a half pan that's simmering with Court bouillon (Fish stock) ..no rapid boil about 170°...Take an 8oz (or more) Salmon Fillet and Submerge it for about 10mins...or 110° with a thermometer....make sure the fish stock has sprigs of Fresh herbs wrapped in cheese cloth (Bouquet Garni) for more flavor...
Seems like an application where sous vide would be perfect.

No, but I was thinking for temp control.
I just use a Culinary thermometer...and really don't need that...all you need is a simmer...as far as when the Salmon is done....a wooden toothpick that penetrates without any give means its done...or a thin Cooking thermometer that resisters 110°

Advertisement
Back