Thank you Butch Davis

Advertisement
He has family in Texas....go look what he did at NCST....Name one DL coach we've had in 18+ yrs that were better....you can't...

But you’ve said all our coaching staffs have been shoot so how is hiring Patrick suppose to excite me when all it means he’s better than ****

And from all accounts Jess Simpson is better, **** your boy @Poopscoop says Greg Ross gave tons of credit to Jess Simpson for his development his freshman season

Jess Simpson was good enough to be hired by a NFL team

But you’ve said all our coaching staffs have been shoot so how is hiring Patrick suppose to excite me when all it means he’s better than ****

And from all accounts Jess Simpson is better, **** your boy @Poopscoop says Greg Ross gave tons of credit to Jess Simpson for his development his freshman season

Jess Simpson was good enough to be hired by a NFL team
We're talking 2010-2016 when Butch had an Elite Staff coming with him if given the chance....Not today....Patrick has done more with less at NCST....than any DL Coach has done here since forever....Go Google his Coaching Highlights and it Shats on ANY DL coach we've had in many yrs....from Selvie too Jason Pierre Paul....His DL coaching at USF and NCST has been Superb....

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have sucked or been average since 2003 as our “fans” love to mention yet in the same breath want to gargle Butch for beating said average teams

Guess what Butch has bed since he left Miami, average to downright terrible

Wow. You just made my point!

That's when most of Butch's guys finished up by graduating or declaring early.

Funny about how as Butch's guys left - there went the magic.

Butch delivered!

And UM did their normal thing - cheaped out - cost us Butch and God knows how many follow-on National Championships - AND the additional name recognition and revenue that would have come with it.

I hope Shalala someday blows an O-ring.

0% chance that tactic was more embarrassing than losing to FIU at the site of the Orange Bowl as 21 point favorites. Complete and utter failure.

You get to play more football games. Your character is your character. That knocked Butch down a notch in my book. Especially AGAINST Miami. Was bush league.

That's the biggest issue that some just can't let that go. Butch never should have taken a job in the same conference. You know if he could go back and change things, he would.

But he can't. So he has to own it, and live with it, and be judged on his actions. HE left Miami. HE took the job at UNC. He did the flop stuff against us at FIU. Which means he will fairly be judged on it. Just like he will be judged for cheating with the bush league flop stuff when FIU played Miami.

Honestly, this conversation is actually pushing me further away from him.

I DO laugh my A** off over that game!

Butch used every trick in the book to get players FOR UM - every trick in the book to recruit players FOR UM - and is responsible for a number of NCAA rules. While AT UM. FOR UM.

And some get all butt hurt when he POSSIBLY used another against us.

Maybe that was just a bad night for cramps . . . sure unfortunate it slowed the game down . . .

Advertisement
But he can't. So he has to own it, and live with it, and be judged on his actions. HE left Miami. HE took the job at UNC. He did the flop stuff against us at FIU. Which means he will fairly be judged on it. Just like he will be judged for cheating with the bush league flop stuff when FIU played Miami.

Good...hopefully off a cliff....

Did you ask him if he was "shocked" that he is 0-7 and hasn't won a game since 2019 and is getting out-recruited by crap programs?

SHOCKED I say!!! He should worry about his own house because his roof caved in.

Take a Xanax, chill with the petty name calling, and converse like you have a HS diploma. Thank you.
4 outta 6......go to bed

@HurricaneHauk ...go make a list of the DLmen that Patrick put into the NFL at USF & NCST.....then make a list who we sent during those same times and it's embarrassing....Remember, he did it at USF & NCST....Not at a school like UM.....Anyone who thinks Patrick wouldn't have been an upgrade from 2010-2016...than the crap we had, needs their heads examined...

Advertisement
FIU is NOT exactly a dream destination point for top drawer South Florida players.

But Butch is supposed to recruit top talent there?

When he got to UM, it took both Butch and Howard FIVE YEARS to take chikkin**** and turn it to chikkensalad. No others had to start from damned near - scratch.

Now if you put Butch back at a quality university with a fair recruiting base - he'll succeed - he did the bulk of recruiting and evaluations for JJ - Butch took off on Thursdays to do just that.

JJ handed his players - that Butch largely evaluated and recruited - to Erickson. Who won TWO.

The program was almost shut down - here comes Butch again - and FOR A FACT recruited the greatest football team EVER.

When UM decided to play games and hold off on his contract until the final days - he accepted his second offer to coach in the NFL.

I seem to recall Saban also fell flat on his *** in the NFL.

Do compare apples to apples, and oranges to oranges.

You do - and it's amazing how well Butch has done. For UM.

We should have hired him a few coaches back - and we'd probably have another handful of championships!

You move the goalposts more that if we were playing on an underwater field and all of us were tripping on acid.*

You want apples to apples? I agree! Here they are.... No one said he is supposed to recruit super stars to FIU. Stop. No one said he has to beat Alabama there. Stop. What he should be doing, what ANY decent coach should be doing, is finding any of the dozens of good underrated 2-3 star types that surround his campus, and being able to beat teams like Middle Tennessee State and Western Kentucky.

But no. He's getting waxed on the field and on there trial by schools like the University of Texas - El Paso. ****, not only did he go 0-7 last year... he went 0-7 vs a HORRIBLE schedule (even for FIU) where he was able to duck Marshall and La. Tech due to Covid cancellations!

And AGAIN, he's lost the program building race to FAU. He's set FIU back.

Results are results. Recruiting classes are recruiting classes. Stop spinning. 0-7. ZERO. ZILCH. WINLESS. I'd be very surprised if he's coaching in college football in 2022.

*sounds fun, actually!

Last edited:
Not sure about a lot of Bama players being here.

But, I do think he would be hitting a lot more on the successful kids who leave SFL or just in general have had success at lower tier SEC programs/or even G5 programs, etc and end up getting drafted. The overall roster and development would have been a lot better by this point in time.

There would have been plenty of complaints about game day decision making still. But roster, development, consistent staff, and general overall toughness would have been better by this point in time.

Why? He can't get the lower rated decent players to FIU over crappy directional schools. He's missed on evals. And he went 0-7. A good coach (and I am talking Butch in 2020, not his lifetime, so settle down people) should be able to win at least ONE game against a crap C-USA schedule, even if he has to put his wife out there at center.

What makes you think that the guy who did an abominable job coaching this year at the best job he could get... a guy that NO AD at any decent program wants to sniff, would suddenly have been magic at Miami, at a time where there's been an arms race and UM has been at a greater disadvantage than ever?

You guys are living in the past. It's nuts.

Which do you prefer to be judged by, your successes or your failures?

Advertisement
He was set to come to UM with Butch, if Butch was given the job before Golden and Richt....Even my cousin was offered the UM HC job before Richt...but turned it down....Believe what you want....Fact of the matter is...Butch had an All Star staff ready to come at a moments notice...ask @Poopscoop if anything I've stated isn't 100% fact....

If he had only gotten the UM job, he'd have had a murderers row of a staff and we'd have 5 more NC's!!! LOL. You guys...

But instead, he's 0-7 at FIU. No middle ground, right? What actually happened, the proof in the pudding, is irrelevant compared to your wish burger, ya?

Which do you prefer to be judged by, your successes or your failures?

They both matter. Again, you are ignoring what I've written and making assumptions. I am a Butch fan. He did an incredible job building Miami back. But today, in 2021, he's seen by his peers and his industry, as a guy who isn't worth more than the FIU job. And even there, he just face-planted.

Those are FACTS. He's not going to ever sniff a good job again. FIU will be his last. We all know this.

Advertisement
Back