Thank you Butch Davis

Advertisement
I am being honest.

My hope is Miami returns to respectability this season and keeps the train rolling towards a natty. I'll be first in line to say congrats HCMD.

Problem is hope is rarely a good plan or based in reality.

I very much want to be wrong.

Be honest. You want him to hurry up and fail. It’s ok.

You justify it by thinking it’ll get you quicker to the next guy.

I have my serious doubts about Manny, mainly due to 2-3 really bad losses. But I’m rooting for him to succeed because there’s no guarantee that the next guy will be better. He might be worse. I’m tired of the fire, fail, fire, rinse, repeat cycle.

Be honest. You want him to hurry up and fail. It’s ok.

You justify it by thinking it’ll get you quicker to the next guy.

I have my serious doubts about Manny, mainly due to 2-3 really bad losses. But I’m rooting for him to succeed because there’s no guarantee that the next guy will be better. He might be worse. I’m tired of the fire, fail, fire, rinse, repeat cycle.
Yes and No.

I want him to win at Miami as we reasonably expect. Absent that, I want him gone before more damage and medicrity occurs.

Advertisement
Yes and No.

I want him to win at Miami as we reasonably expect. Absent that, I want him gone before more damage and medicrity occurs.

496FAABB-AA34-4795-B89A-60C1AEE4A5A2.gif

Advertisement
Thank you for breaking that down into minutes. How many minutes has it been since Manny beat that juggernaut FIU?
How many minutes has it been since Butch coached FIU to a win? We know it didn't happen last year hahahhaahahahah

You're wanting Mario Andretti to win the Brickyard in a Yugo.

However - I seem to recall recently - Butch DID beat UM - while at (wait for it) . . . FIU!

Didn't do it with personnel.

Did it with C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G.

He lives here - FIU is here -
Great he beat UM by 6 points. WOW

He also got his face pushed in at the Rock the year before with his players crying as they filled the busses on the way out.

But BRUH..your a UM alum..a fan also.. I think most believe that..yet you seem to be actively rooting for the HC to fail. Now I’m not saying support a HC blindly...but u seem to harp on the bad **** from a full year ago...it’s a safe bet to say you were against the hire in the first place..that fine. But there definitely is some positive **** manny is doing around the program. U can’t deny that...can you?
There are a few like him but he is the leader of the pack along with the Goon guy.

Advertisement
Was this savage beating as bad as the one that Butch gave Manny?

I love how the Butch haters lose their junk when a poster that defends Butch or is critical of any current coach or player is labeled as a non-cane fan. So savage. Never seen that on this board before. Very original.

By the way, I haven't been that critical of Manny. I don't call him names or say negative things about him. I'm rooting for the guy. Again, he works his tail off and I know he loves Miami. We got a lot of positive things going our way. Don't know if it will mean 15-0 in 2021. We can only dream.

In all seriousness, if the Canes go 15-0, I will come back and admit that I was given a savage beating on CIS because another poster said I wasn't a true Canes fan
Beating us by 6 points is a beating? LOL

No you need to look at the game the year before where we had the 3rd stringers playing in the 3rd quarter and Butch was sobbing on the sideline at the Rock. LOL

Ahhh... light dons on ye marble head.

Ok... correct. Highlighting a previous game, really a full set of Manuela led disasters (do we really need to cover that ground again?), is not as relevant then as you highlighting (rightfully so) Davis' recent skid? Do you really want to contrast Davis vs Manuela's total body of work? Even you aren't that....

well maybe.

My larger point is you must "hate" Manuela and Miami. I mean, they lost to such a loser right? Who let's FSU fans like you on to. CIS and stay?

@RVACane I think we need a lights out.....

How's that bruh?

View attachment 147368

Plenty of coaches lost to ****bag teams and other ****bag coaches

Not too many coaches didn’t win a game at all in a season

Advertisement
Howard Schnellenberger went 1-11 in his last season with FAU. Does that mean he sucked too?

It certainly means either the rigors of coaching or the modern game had passed him by. And it wouldn't change the way we feel about his past successes. Just like Butch.

If Howard had gone 11-1 that year do you really think it would have been his last year?:). Maybe he had pre-announced for a farewell tour, being honest I don't remember. But you get my point.

Like Butch will probably do this year if he doesn't get it turned around to save face, Howard knew that a new coach was what was best for the FAU program at that point, so he stepped away. He's still a god. And Butch still got Miami back on track in the last 90's. And still was a championship NFL DC.

Plenty of coaches lost to ****bag teams and other ****bag coaches

Not too many coaches didn’t win a game at all in a season

Like I said, Saban, as an SEC HC, lost to UAB and Lousisiana-Monroe. Dumb point eradicated.

This whole pointing back to that one game where the program was bottoming post-Richt, the players quit, the offensive staff was about to get fired, the QB was out all night just hours before the game partying right before he left the program, and Butch pulled that cheating flop stuff does not erase the other 99% of evidence.

But the Miami haters don't have ANYTHING else they can point to. Apples to apples, Butch is getting dominated by his low level peers in CFB right now. It's still hard to process.

0-7.

It certainly means either the rigors of coaching or the modern game had passed him by. And it wouldn't change the way we feel about his past successes. Just like Butch.

If Howard had gone 11-1 that year do you really think it would have been his last year?:). Maybe he had pre-announced for a farewell tour, being honest I don't remember. But you get my point.

Like Butch will probably do this year if he doesn't get it turned around to save face, Howard knew that a new coach was what was best for the FAU program at that point, so he stepped away. He's still a god. And Butch still got Miami back on track in the last 90's. And still was a championship NFL DC.
Howard was 77 that year (2011). His total record since 1985 was 117-135-3. Yet there wasn't a single person who would have been willing to come on here and trash him. Butch Davis should be treated the same. They are both Canes legends.

Howard was 77 that year (2011). His total record since 1985 was 117-135-3. Yet there wasn't a single person who would have been willing to come on here and trash him. Butch Davis should be treated the same. They are both Canes legends.

Who is trashing Butch Davis? Except for mention of his despicable flopping strategy AGAINST Miami. I was more embarrassed for HIM than Miami that night. As far as I am concerned, that was the moment he invited fair criticism going forward. And Howard created Miami. Howard won a 'ship. The FIRST SHIP. He kicked the door down. Howard is a HOF. Let's not quite go and put Butch in the same conversation as Howard, ok? We're not talking JJ, here. In fact, I remember VERY clearly all the constant criticism by all the fans about Davis' game-day coaching when he WAS ACTUALLY here. No need to canonize him afterwards. And furthermore, the same knuckleheads that flew the idiotic "Bring Back Butch!" banners a few years ago were surely the same idiots who flew the "Fire Butch Davis!" banners in the 90's. Banner people. So let's discard with the post hoc kid gloves stuff, ok?

When people use "Bring back (0-7) Butch!" to attack the current, actual HC of our Miami Hurricanes, they are going to get a factual explanation for what they are a gaggle off idiots. They invite a factual response, even if the facts hurt. No one, especially me, is starting random "Davis sucks!" threads, ok? Butch Davis belongs nowhere near a program like Miami today, which is why he can't get a job at a program 1/5th as prestigious as Miami today. The market has spoken.

Advertisement
Back