Thank you Butch Davis

LOL. So easy. I wonder who you root for? Certainly not Miami. Don't even try. A Cane wouldn't try to twist and omit to make his program look bad. Yeah, Manny inherited a crap show full of quitters. And yeah, Butch Davis cheated and faked injuries, and caught Miami in a perfect storm of a QB who was out all night, a team that had given up, and more. Congratulations, that must have been a great day for you.

So what's happened since then? The culture, recruiting, portal game, staff, facilities and performance at Miami has been going up and up and up. That must really hurt your feelings!

Meanwhile, Butch Davis has probably been... no actually has been, the worst coach in America in the period since. Karma is real.

800,000 minutes. That's a real number. No joke.

The fall of Butch Davis, objectively, has been extraordinary. He can't beat conference USA teams and he can't recruit in the most fertile area in America where everyone knows his past success at Miami. He's getting waxed locally in program-building by FAU too. He's not qualified to coach college football anymore. I am a fan from way back, but I'm also not intellectually dishonest. Or a fool. It's funny to watch people like you hold on and throw good money after bad.

This is as savage a beating as I’ve ever witnessed here.

Advertisement
1574618902625.png

Someone check if this poster is still breathing ☝🏾..my God this blasphemy against the all mightily Coaching GAWD Butch Davis..

Ha. Facts are facts. If you want to fool yourself cause it feels good, go ahead. It's sad, but it's real. Even gods fall.

"And there is one sure thing about the fall of gods: they do not fall a little; they crash and shatter or sink deeply into green muck. It is a tedious job to build them up again; they never quite shine."

Ha. Facts are facts. If you want to fool yourself cause it feels good, go ahead. It's sad, but it's real. Even the gods, fall.

"And there is one sure thing about the fall of gods: they do not fall a little; they crash and shatter or sink deeply into green muck. It is a tedious job to build them up again; they never quite shine."
I was being sarcastic haha..I mostly agree with you on Butch and the points u made. We all appreciate what he DID at UM. Do some here have a affinity for Butch that I don’t understand, for sure..it’s quite weird actually. But I also understand some posters have a personal relationship with the guy and I respect and understand that for the most part...but the weirdos in between who still to this till day cap for the guy to take jabs at the coach now..yea I’ll never get that ****..but aye these Butch threads are pure comedy at this point

Advertisement
If you hate UM this much, then you're probably a Gator. As for the rest of your stroke-induced 7th grade garble, good luck. I already addressed the game. I'm not typing the same stuff again just because you can't sort through three posts. You bore me.
My pointing out Manuela, in fact, lost to washed up Davis, now 0-7 (also fact) is not hatred for the Canes (and the school I graduated from...how about you sparky?)

Its the opposite.

PS I don't think many 7th graders have strokes. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
LOL. So easy. I wonder who you root for? Certainly not Miami. Don't even try. A Cane wouldn't try to twist and omit to make his program look bad. Yeah, Manny inherited a crap show full of quitters. And yeah, Butch Davis cheated and faked injuries, and caught Miami in a perfect storm of a QB who was out all night, a team that had given up, and more. Congratulations, that must have been a great day for you.

So what's happened since then? The culture, recruiting, portal game, staff, facilities and performance at Miami has been going up and up and up. That must really hurt your feelings!

Meanwhile, Butch Davis has probably been... no actually has been, the worst coach in America in the period since. Karma is real.

800,000 minutes. That's a real number. No joke.

The fall of Butch Davis, objectively, has been extraordinary. He can't beat conference USA teams and he can't recruit in the most fertile area in America where everyone knows his past success at Miami. He's getting waxed locally in program-building by FAU too. He's not qualified to coach college football anymore. I am a fan from way back, but I'm also not intellectually dishonest. Or a fool. It's funny to watch people like you hold on and throw good money after bad.
👆Found it "boring" simp.👇

Really only one point that dismantles a significant portion of your argument...

To be clear, this isn't as much about Davis as your inconsistency of thought here...

"...And yeah, Butch Davis cheated and faked injuries, and caught Miami in a perfect storm of a QB who was out all night, a team that had given up, and more..."

👆You can't possibly be serious as the reason FIU defeated our Canes in football. What's next, the moonlight got in the eyes of the WRs and they couldn't see? Food poisoning at Taco Bell? Wait, wait...

Dog ate Manuela's game plan before kickoff.

👆We have a winner.

Last edited:
My pointing out Manuela, in fact, lost to washed up Davis, now 0-7 (also fact) is not hatred for the Canes (and the school I graduated from...how about you sparky?)

Its the opposite.
Congrats on your graduation...bruh it’s been a full szn since that FIU game..the world was in full WWZ..but yet you still highlight a game from 2019?? Why?

I don't understand your point. Is anything I wrote untrue? If so, I am happy to discuss further. And I 100% agree with everything you just wrote (except that I am being simplistic, it's not correct. I, a Davis fan, am being objective and intellectually honest about him right now, unlike many of my fellow posters here). All of what you wrote can be true along with all of what I wrote. Our posts don't conflict at all. Things change over 20+ years. The game changes, people change, and more.

Let me ask you this and end it... do you think that the Butch Davis of the late 90's/early 2000's is 0-7 in his last seven games heading into his 5th year at ANY program at ANY level of football on this here planet Earth? Do you think he, while coaching a SFL college program nestled in the most fertile recruiting ground in the universe, gets out recruited by UTSA, UNT, and neighbor FAU, ALL conference opponents? **** no to all of that.

You're wanting Mario Andretti to win the Brickyard in a Yugo.

However - I seem to recall recently - Butch DID beat UM - while at (wait for it) . . . FIU!

Didn't do it with personnel.

Did it with C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G.

He lives here - FIU is here -

Advertisement
Congrats on your graduation...bruh it’s been a full szn since that FIU game..the world was in full WWZ..but yet you still highlight a game from 2019?? Why?
Ahhh... light dons on ye marble head.

Ok... correct. Highlighting a previous game, really a full set of Manuela led disasters (do we really need to cover that ground again?), is not as relevant then as you highlighting (rightfully so) Davis' recent skid? Do you really want to contrast Davis vs Manuela's total body of work? Even you aren't that....

well maybe.

My larger point is you must "hate" Manuela and Miami. I mean, they lost to such a loser right? Who let's FSU fans like you on to. CIS and stay?

@RVACane I think we need a lights out.....

How's that bruh?

Clubbing+1+copy.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh... light dons on ye marble head.

Ok... correct. Highlighting a previous game, really a full set of Manuela led disasters (do we really need to cover that ground again?), is not as relevant then as you highlighting (rightfully so) Davis' recent skid? Do you really want to contrast Davis vs Manuela's total body of work? Even you aren't that....

well maybe.

My larger point is you must "hate" Manuela and Miami. I mean, they lost to such a loser right? Who let's FSU fans like you on to. CIS and stay?

@RVACane I think we need a lights out.....

How's that bruh?
But BRUH..your a UM alum..a fan also.. I think most believe that..yet you seem to be actively rooting for the HC to fail. Now I’m not saying support a HC blindly...but u seem to harp on the bad **** from a full year ago...it’s a safe bet to say you were against the hire in the first place..that fine. But there definitely is some positive **** manny is doing around the program. U can’t deny that...can you?

But BRUH..your a UM alum..a fan also.. I think most believe that..yet you seem to be actively rooting for the HC to fail. Now I’m not saying support a HC blindly...but u seem to harp on the bad **** from a full year ago...it’s a safe bet to say you were against the hire in the first place..that fine. But there definitely is some positive **** manny is doing around the program. U can’t deny that...can you?
Im in no way, shape, or form actively or passively rooting for Manuela to fail.

He's doing fine all on his own.

I was 100% on board with the hire from day one. Do a quick search on "In Manny/Manolo we trust, until we don't" and let me know what rapier sharp wit with stunning intellect and supermodel good looks porster said that repeatedly.

Manuela's "positives" have been sugar highs at best with the exception of hiring the now defacto HC Lashlee and his herald Justice of Road Grader land.

Manuela's schtick isn't translating into Ws.

You're wanting Mario Andretti to win the Brickyard in a Yugo.

However - I seem to recall recently - Butch DID beat UM - while at (wait for it) . . . FIU!

Didn't do it with personnel.

Did it with C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G.

He lives here - FIU is here -

Nope. Bad analogy. Mario had to race against the top drivers in the world. Butch, in YEAR 5 just has to beat programs like Liberty, Middle Tennessee State, Jax St, FAU, and Western KY, ARK St, and Marshall. Guess what? He can't. He went 0-7 against those teams in his last seven games.

The guy could go 0-55 and Miami could win the NC and you'd still be holding onto "but he beat Miami in Manny's first year!" What has happened since then with each coach? This desperate tenuous attempt to hold onto that one game, in a specific circumstance, when Miami was bottoming out before starting their turnaround is truly pathetic. Nick Saban, as a HC in the *mighty* SEC, has lost to Louisiana-Monroe and UAB. And that's the end of that silly argument.

Any given Saturday. Does not erase the fact that Butch Davis has OBJECTIVELY been the worst coach in CFB (from a results and resources standpoint) while Manny has Miami on the upswing. Facts.

T-O-A-S-T.

Look amigo, I have no idea what happened to Butch. His strength has always been recruiting and evals and he's bottoming out in the middle of the best area in the country to recruit. It's weird. And I'd say it bums me out, but I'm a Cane and he pulled a lot of cheating *** Gator level flop stuff against us so yeah, he's down a rung in my book. I'm guessing if he doesn't turn it around this year he will retire under pressure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im in no way, shape, or form actively or passively rooting for Manuela to fail.

He's doing fine all on his own.

I was 100% on board with the hire from day one. Do a quick search on "In Manny/Manolo we trust, until we don't" and let me know what rapier sharp wit with stunning intellect and supermodel good looks porster said that repeatedly.

Manuela's "positives" have been sugar highs at best with the exception of hiring the now defacto HC Lashlee and his herald Justice of Road Grader land.

Manuela's schtick isn't translating into Ws.
But...you calling him out of his name 😂😂..aight Man U win

But...you calling him out of his name 😂😂..aight Man U win
Its a fine line from being Randy Shannon to Radio. Al Golden to Al Folden. D'Onfrio the Destoyer to D'No!. CMR to CorchMR. Dan Enos to Penos in the Aenos.

Manolo to Manuela.

Earn either one.

Ya gotta admit we have some clever mutha****ers round here.

Its a fine line from being Randy Shannon to Radio. Al Golden to Al Folden. D'Onfrio the Destoyer to D'No!. CMR to CorchMR. Dan Enos to Penos in the Aenos.

Manolo to Manuela.

Earn either one.

Ya gotta admit we have some clever mutha****ers round here.
I must admit..all those nicknames are corny asf..Butch tha Gawd is on point tho

Advertisement
This is as savage a beating as I’ve ever witnessed here.

Was this savage beating as bad as the one that Butch gave Manny?

I love how the Butch haters lose their junk when a poster that defends Butch or is critical of any current coach or player is labeled as a non-cane fan. So savage. Never seen that on this board before. Very original.

By the way, I haven't been that critical of Manny. I don't call him names or say negative things about him. I'm rooting for the guy. Again, he works his tail off and I know he loves Miami. We got a lot of positive things going our way. Don't know if it will mean 15-0 in 2021. We can only dream.

In all seriousness, if the Canes go 15-0, I will come back and admit that I was given a savage beating on CIS because another poster said I wasn't a true Canes fan

Just be honest...you are. That’s your prerogative, but it seems clear to me.
I am being honest.

My hope is Miami returns to respectability this season and keeps the train rolling towards a natty. I'll be first in line to say congrats HCMD.

Problem is hope is rarely a good plan or based in reality.

I very much want to be wrong.

Advertisement
Back