Thank you Butch Davis

Advertisement
It's been over 800,000 minutes since Butch Davis won a football game.
And its been 36,266,400+ minutes since Butch DAW GAWD has walked among us on this Earth bringing forth football goodness.

Say his name with reverence heathens!

Repent and accept his gridiron godness.

3oKIPgQjpBhgzBX7u8.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for breaking that down into minutes. How many minutes has it been since Manny beat that juggernaut FIU?

LOL. So easy. I wonder who you root for? Certainly not Miami. Don't even try. A Cane wouldn't try to twist and omit to make his program look bad. Yeah, Manny inherited a crap show full of quitters. And yeah, Butch Davis cheated and faked injuries, and caught Miami in a perfect storm of a QB who was out all night, a team that had given up, and more. Congratulations, that must have been a great day for you.

So what's happened since then? The culture, recruiting, portal game, staff, facilities and performance at Miami has been going up and up and up. That must really hurt your feelings!

Meanwhile, Butch Davis has probably been... no actually has been, the worst coach in America in the period since. Karma is real.

800,000 minutes. That's a real number. No joke.

The fall of Butch Davis, objectively, has been extraordinary. He can't beat conference USA teams and he can't recruit in the most fertile area in America where everyone knows his past success at Miami. He's getting waxed locally in program-building by FAU too. He's not qualified to coach college football anymore. I am a fan from way back, but I'm also not intellectually dishonest. Or a fool. It's funny to watch people like you hold on and throw good money after bad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL. So easy. I wonder who you root for? Certainly not Miami. Don't even try. A Cane wouldn't try to twist and omit to make his program look bad. Yeah, Manny inherited a crap show full of quitters. And yeah, Butch Davis cheated and faked injuries, and caught Miami in a perfect storm of a QB who was out all night, a team that had given up, and more. Congratulations, that must have been a great day for you.

So what's happened since then? The culture, recruiting, portal game, staff, facilities and performance at Miami has been going up and up and up. That must really hurt your feelings!

Meanwhile, Butch Davis has probably been... no actually has been, the worst coach in America in the period since. Karma is real.

The fall of Butch Davis, objectively, has been extraordinary. He can't beat conference USA teams and he can't recruit in the most fertile area in America where everyone knows his past success at Miami. He's getting waxed locally in program-building by FAU too. He's not qualified to coach college football anymore. I am a fan from way back, but I'm also not intellectually dishonest. Or a fool. It's funny to watch people like you hold on and throw good money after bad.
I get it. I am not a real Canes fan since I don't continually bad-mouth an ex-coach and I am somewhat critical of the current coaching staff. We've only heard that argument 800,000 times.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with you. I agree on some of your points on Butch. I just find it sad that so many fans continue to run Butch into the ground any chance they get and never give him credit for anything. I think the hate for Butch is that he has a winning record vs Miami. I'm not happy about it either, but I don't hate the guy.

Ask anyone in America who the worst coach is and nobody will say Butch Davis. Manny is certainly not the worst coach either. I think he's working hard as I've stated in other posts. Hopefully, his hard work will translate into an improved season and more wins. I'm actually optimistic about this season.

I get it. I am not a real Canes fan since I don't continually bad-mouth an ex-coach and I am somewhat critical of the current coaching staff. We've only heard that argument 800,000 times.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with you. I agree on some of your points on Butch. I just find it sad that so many fans continue to run Butch into the ground any chance they get and never give him credit for anything. I think the hate for Butch is that he has a winning record vs Miami. I'm not happy about it either, but I don't hate the guy.

Ask anyone in America who the worst coach is and nobody will say Butch Davis. Manny is certainly not the worst coach either. I think he's working hard as I've stated in other posts. Hopefully, his hard work will translate into an improved season and more wins. I'm actually optimistic about this season.

I don't "hate" Butch. I am grateful for what he did here. I'd love to have a beer with the guy and talk glory days.

I don't "bad-mouth" him. I present actual facts, not subjective opinion, when people bring the lunacy to this board about how he should be the coach here. People need to let it go. Quite clearly, he's done. Which is why no NFL GM or Power-5 AD... ****, or even a decent group of 5 AD wants to TOUCH HIM. The market has spoken. Facts. Not opinion.

"Asking anyone in America," is again, willfully subjective. Find me a college football coach that has done a worse job than Butch Davis since the Miami game, and I'll pay for his funeral. Again, he ACTUALLY can't win a game, he ACTUALLY is recruiting poorly, and he is ACTUALLY getting outclassed at program-building in the FAU/FIU arms race. There is no metric where he gets a passing grade. He's failing, badly, as of today.

And yes, when you tear down the HC at The University of MIAMI, in order to defend the zero for everything lately head coach at FIU, you are not a Canes fan. In any way, shape or form. You're part of the problem. You obviously have a good head on your shoulders... do no harm.

Advertisement
You threw minutes and a stat out there. I was just trying to help you gather data.

Edit...I wouldn't hire him now either and IMO he walked away from a dynasty he was in the middle of perhaps building. Doesn't take away from the NC I believe was his and if he was here would have been 2 at least.

Thank you for the assist :)

I don't "hate" Butch. I am grateful for what he did here. I'd love to have a beer with the guy and talk glory days.

I don't "bad-mouth" him. I present actual facts, not subjective opinion, when people bring the lunacy to this board about how he should be the coach here. People need to let it go. Quite clearly, he's done. Which is why no NFL GM or Power-5 AD... ****, or even a decent group of 5 AD wants to TOUCH HIM. The market has spoken. Facts. Not opinion.

"Asking anyone in America," is again, willfully subjective. Find me a college football coach that has done a worse job than Butch Davis since the Miami game, and I'll pay for his funeral. Again, he ACTUALLY can't win a game, he ACTUALLY is recruiting poorly, and he is ACTUALLY getting outclassed at program-building in the FAU/FIU arms race. There is no metric where he gets a passing grade. He's failing, badly, as of today.

And yes, when you tear down the HC at The University of MIAMI, in order to defend the zero for everything lately head coach at FIU, you are not a Canes fan. In any way, shape or form. You're part of the problem. You obviously have a good head on your shoulders... do no harm.
You paint a pretty bleak picture of any HC to lose a game to such incompetence as you state above.

What HC right now can we name who lost to this mouth breather at FIU? I mean, that guy should have been fired before he left the stadium getting an L from a high school caliber team being led by this senile old man wjo is utterly worthless. In fact, Ill bet that same coach (who has lost to FIU) also lost to other high school caliber teams AND a squad tha just installed the forward pass as a routine offensive concept.

My memory isn't very good, who might this bottom feeder be who lost to washed up Head Corch Futch Favis bon Loserheim??

Help me out.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Butch was a Cane. Just like Schnellenberger - pulled our program out of the ashes and set it up for another National Championship -

Don't be so simplistic.

The only Head Coach that did Diddly-Squat after leaving UM - was JJ. And Butch helped JJ at UM - then at Dallas. That's odd . . .

There was a unique synergy between Schnellenberger and UM, Erickson and UM, and Butch Davis and UM.

Clappy took Butch's crew and cruised to his National - but as Butch's crew reduced in number - so did Clappy's wins.

Butch was a Cane. Just like Schnellenberger - pulled our program out of the ashes and set it up for another National Championship -

Don't be so simplistic.

The only Head Coach that did Diddly-Squat after leaving UM - was JJ. And Butch helped JJ at UM - then at Dallas. That's odd . . .

There was a unique synergy between Schnellenberger and UM, Erickson and UM, and Butch Davis and UM.

Clappy took Butch's crew and cruised to his National - but as Butch's crew reduced in number - so did Clappy's wins.

I don't understand your point. Is anything I wrote untrue? If so, I am happy to discuss further. And I 100% agree with everything you just wrote (except that I am being simplistic, it's not correct. I, a Davis fan, am being objective and intellectually honest about him right now, unlike many of my fellow posters here). All of what you wrote can be true along with all of what I wrote. Our posts don't conflict at all. Things change over 20+ years. The game changes, people change, and more.

Let me ask you this and end it... do you think that the Butch Davis of the late 90's/early 2000's is 0-7 in his last seven games heading into his 5th year at ANY program at ANY level of football on this here planet Earth? Do you think he, while coaching a SFL college program nestled in the most fertile recruiting ground in the universe, gets out recruited by UTSA, UNT, and neighbor FAU, ALL conference opponents? **** no to all of that.

I don't understand your point. Is anything I wrote untrue? If so, I am happy to discuss further. And I 100% agree with everything you just wrote (except that I am being simplistic, it's not correct. I, a Davis fan, am being objective and intellectually honest about him right now, unlike many of my fellow posters here). All of what you wrote can be true along with all of what I wrote. Our posts don't conflict at all. Things change over 20+ years. The game changes, people change, and more.

Let me ask you this and end it... do you think that the Butch Davis of the late 90's/early 2000's is 0-7 in his last seven games heading into his 5th year at ANY program at ANY level of football on this here planet Earth? Do you think he, while coaching a SFL college program nestled in the most fertile recruiting ground in the universe, gets out recruited by UTSA, UNT, and neighbor FAU, ALL conference opponents? **** no to all of that.
Again, answer my simple question. How can any HC who loses to Corch Futch Favis bon Loserheim keep their job?

I mean, what type of pathetic excuse for a coach loses to that bottom feeder?

In fact, wouldn't said losing HC leave the profession entirely after that level of humiliation?

You make excellent points about what a washed up loser Davis is, totally on board with your implied premise that anyone who loses to him is just awful, awful, awful.

Advertisement
Again, answer my simple question. How can any HC who loses to Corch Futch Favis bon Loserheim keep their job?

I mean, what type of pathetic excuse for a coach loses to that bottom feeder?

I actually answered your question already. I didn't specifically address you because... well, you. But it's all there. Read up.

So how are your Gators going to do this year?

I actually answered your question already. I didn't specifically address you because... well, you. But it's all there. Read up.

So how are your Gators going to do this year?
Im sorry, help me out "boring" simp boy. I read through your points, didnt see an answer, but am very open to egg on my face.

You might not want to go to guns with me, lest I ghost you too. I'm kinda on a roll lately 'case you haven't heard. 👻👻👻👻👻👻👻😱😱😱😱😱😱

You aren't new here so.... well...

Your point is pretty inconsistent. Granted, Davis has struggled at FIU no question, but what does that then say about Manuela?

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

PS. Now Im a gaytor fan is it?? You are quickly descending into CIS dumb, and trust me, that is an accomplishment.

Someone check if this poster is still breathing ☝🏾..my God this blasphemy against the all mightily Coaching GAWD Butch Davis..

Im sorry, help me out "boring" simp boy. I read through your points, didnt see an answer, but am very open to egg on my face.

You might not want to go to guns with me, lest I ghost you too. I'm kinda on a roll lately 'case you haven't heard. 👻👻👻👻👻👻👻😱😱😱😱😱😱

You aren't new here so.... well...

Your point is pretty inconsistent. Granted, Davis has struggled at FIU no question, but what does that then say about Manuela?

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

PS. Now Im a gaytor fan is it?? You are quickly descending into CIS dumb, and trust me, that is an accomplishment.

If you hate UM this much, then you're probably a Gator. As for the rest of your stroke-induced 7th grade garble, good luck. I already addressed the game. I'm not typing the same stuff again just because you can't sort through three posts. You bore me.

Advertisement
Back