Thank you Butch Davis

Butch Davis would have stayed and wanted to stay at Miami.

He was not given the contract he deserved for the amazing rebuild that he did.

He was also being micromanaged by feminists and SJW types at every turn.

These people still run the football program at Miami. We will continue to suck because of this.

Enjoy continued mediocrity.

Advertisement
Just a fyi..... i in no way think Dennis E is better than JJ........was just clarifying that chips is what determines how good the coach is ......so just wanted to make that point
No. That’s not a fair point. Butch like Golden and MR had banners flying over the OB.

in our case. As a Canes it’s about championships. YES Butch accumulated talent and had a staff that developed in a short period of time that nobody can truly duplicate given what those guys projected to as pros. And what they did in the league. NOBODY including takes that away from him. But he did not get the hardware. We have 5 nattys. Butch was not the coach for any while here. He didn’t win anywhere else either.

So when a porster makes a claim that he had a level of success and “nothing anyone can say can touch that”..I’ve got names of coaches who sustained the accumulation of talent, development (at this level) and WINNING CHIPS that holds up and surpassed Butches resume at Miami, UNC, FIU...is this a place for discussion or a suck fest of Butch..it’s hard to tell when it comes to this subject because if you challenge it, it’s frowned upon..

I stand by what I said. There’s no guarantee that Butch would’ve ran off a dynasty run here. That means WINNING. He had 0 rings. Went else where couldn’t duplicate at the level he did at Miami. Nobody thought Pete and USC was going anywhere but to dominate CFB. We saw what happened. Same with urban at UF after 06/07. 1 personnel mistake (cam Newton being behind Tim) killed that imo...nothing is guaranteed in CFB aside Saban and Bama rather be by hook or crook

If Howard would've stayed, if Jimmy would've stayed if Butch would've stayed.
If if if, in our short history coaches use us as a stepping stone. Hopefully if Manny becomes successful he'll decide to stay.
Given what Jimmy did here in 5 years..then Dallas he’s the only coach who with no doubt would’ve sustained it

Advertisement
Saban would never end up at a bottom feeder school like FIU and if did he wouldn’t go winless like Butch, Butch didn’t have enough talent to win a game last year?

You want Manny to outrecruit top programs after essentially two decades of failures and less resources than many other programs? His last two full classes have been in the right direction now time for on field production to match

I don’t know why people cry over Manny, if he doesn’t produce he will be gone after this season or next
Remember some people wake up and the first thing out of their mouths is good morning and some wake up miserable and have to spread it like the butter on their toast.

Butch Davis would have stayed and wanted to stay at Miami.

He was not given the contract he deserved for the amazing rebuild that he did.

He was also being micromanaged by feminists and SJW types at every turn.

These people still run the football program at Miami. We will continue to suck because of this.

Enjoy continued mediocrity.

Butch was looking to bigger, better deal us from the first moment he realized any success here.

He also agreed to a deal that compensated him like “he deserved “ then refused to sign it while lying to the school and his players until the moment he signed that contract with Cleveland.

Your post is bull**** revisionist history.

Fit

1. If Saban were at FIU he wouldn't win **** cause he out talents, and u can't get talent to go to FIU. Without people inside willing to do all it takes to win financially u won't win so winning at FIU ain't happening. So that destroys the whole he didn't win anywhere else theory. Exploded......clip clip done.

2. See this one is an opinion (see I'm real) but I am in the opinion that UNC was about to start cooking. They had NFL talent all over and guys got suspended and they still looked the part vs UNC. Also it showed Butch was doing what he had to at a basketball school with money to win.

3. I would rag on Manny because his roster evals haven't shown to be top flight UM caliber. Not TNM caliber the old.....if he was bringing in bama type classes I'm willing to wait but when u are constantly getting raped on the trail I'm sus on it.....also am sus cause his evals aren't good so even if he gets a high rated guy I'm still skeptical and will be until it changes.

So there is your answer to all three.....fit matters. Anyone can say fit doesn't matter but the most important things are....is your school willing to do anything to win? Will your school hire the right guy that is about anything to win? Will this HC that has taken over be a beast at evaluating and closing? If u can't check yes I those three you are doomed to fail. I think Manny does a bad job at alot and I don't think the U is a school that will so anything to win....at least not anymore. But I'm here to bytch and complain about it.

There isn’t a single “fact” here.

Advertisement
So Saban would win big like what he is doing now................. at FIU? miss me with that
Don't argue with these misinformed people....now they were at negotiations late 2000....Lol...They think they know what went on...more of the same untruths....Ironically, I was just laughing about this garbage with Butch yesterday....

Don't argue with these misinformed people....now they were at negotiations late 2000....Lol...They think they know what went on...more of the same untruths....Ironically, I was just laughing about this garbage with Butch yesterday....

Did he or did he not agree to a contract then not sign it?

Advertisement
We have the most fried fan base in history. They like the losers and hate the people who were actually good at things. Our evals have dropped insanely bad since Butch was gone......I even think it took a dip when JJ took him to Dallas.

@Go Canes!! Bruh if Diaz wins 6 games this year as in total......would u consider that winning this year? Is 0-5 trash **** yea but everyone with a brain knew Butch would not win at FIU....his last shot was UM. Saban would not win there trust me......not winning is not winning whether it's 0-10 or 3-7 same ****

Advertisement
We have the most fried fan base in history. They like the losers and hate the people who were actually good at things. Our evals have dropped insanely bad since Butch was gone......I even think it took a dip when JJ took him to Dallas.
JJ pretty much took the entire staff with him to Dallas. One thing I'll give Dennis Erickson alot of credit for.....Replacing an Elite Staff with another Elite Staff....but his recruiting was miserable from 91 onward...very Lazy & Lackadaisical...

The 4 words Saban should say when he wakes up every morning.

This Butch Davis Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda Won Every Natty Since 2001 conspiracy theory reminds me of the Flat Earther conspiracists....

no matter what facts you present won’t change this ridiculous repeating claim...

The only thing I need to point out to the Butch slurpers are:

1) he did it to himself by ditching his team for a failed shot at the NFL

2) if he’s such a Natty-magnet why hasn’t he able to do it already somewhere else? Why does he need to win his Natties at Miami??

3) why hasn’t a major school picked him up yet as the “genius natty winner” he supposedly is?

All history showed was he put together a good staff who was able to recruit the best team in modern NCAA history- but could never win a natty himself. He subsequently shot himself in the foot by ******** over The U Admin when he ditched us for the NFL. He went to UNC where he likely was involved in major recruiting violations that he got away with or was too incompetent to control it.

The only reason he’s being blackballed by major schools is because he’s got something really bad in his reputation that they are staying clear...

Final example— if Lane Kiffin can get a major HC gig — something’s gotta be really wrong with Butch.

Last edited:
JJ pretty much took the entire staff with him to Dallas. One thing I'll give Dennis Erickson alot of credit for.....Replacing an Elite Staff with another Elite Staff....but his recruiting was miserable from 91 onward...very Lazy & Lackadaisical...
The fans don't understand how big it is to have an elite evaluator of talent then the ability to seal the deal. U get those two things and put that HC at UM and in four years u will be a top ten program yearly.

This is @Ethnicsands domain

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back