Thad Franklin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Thad Franklin going to Bama??
Uga, osu, vols, TAMU, uf, FSU penn state and lsu have all offered. No way he hasn’t gotten at least a phone call from them. Not saying he’s going there but facing bama in 21 with the best receiver and the best back from dade county would just be torture to watch. It hurt every time I saw cooper Ridley Jeudy and ps2. I can only imagine how much it’s gonna suck to see ingraham, Neal, Brooks and a possible Franklin on that team and anyone else they might get from here this cycle. It just doesn’t seem right man.
Don’t know why all these kids would want to be on the same team but just not here. It literally proves what we’ve been saying that if they all stay we would be in the playoffs every year. But kids and families have rea$ons why they don’t make it happen.

Advertisement
Is he a good enough basketball player for it to matter if he gets offered for both? Schools can tell him he can play both - don't know how but apparently Penn /state has.

What is with this kid? Just very impressionable or just committed back to save his spot? Anyone have any idea

Advertisement
Why did Manny accept his second commitment?
Because the kid said he was shutting it down or because it's the guy they wanted badly and he committed out the blue so it felt genuine maybe.

There's no need to worry about the rumor. He's committed until he's not. This is nothing until it's something. This rumor has gotten 900% stronger since a guy on the 4's Up pod said that Thad decommitted last week. It never happened. Will it happen? I have no clue but like I said he's committed until he's not.

Thad Franklin is not a elite RB prospect
I guess 337 yards in a state final in florida must have been an accident. A fluke, a typo. Or the kind of sht that happens all the time. He’s 30 lbs and 3 inches taller than Harris and probably faster. Idk what your definition of elite is but that’s pretty much it for most coaches in Ohio state, LSU, UGA, and Tennessee and pedo state who have all offered. Those are schools that go after elite backs anywhere in the country and likely also disagree with you.

Thad Franklin is not a elite RB prospect
He doesn’t have the high level breakaway speed to be an “elite” back and I’ve said that. He’s a good runner and can break the long runs at this level but everyone is bigger faster and stronger at the next level so some of those long runs he breaks now won’t necessarily be there in college imo

He doesn’t have the high level breakaway speed to be an “elite” back and I’ve said that. He’s a good runner and can break the long runs at this level but everyone is bigger faster and stronger at the next level so some of those long runs he breaks now won’t necessarily be there in college imo
Hes got plenty of film showing him not getting caught by sofla db’s. Don’t confuse a db with a good angle with a slow running back. If every elite back didn’t get caught from behind they would score every time. People also fail to realize that if you play that team everyone on that defense is keying in on him and he still rushes for almost 2 benjis all the time.
You know another player they called slow and didn’t have “top end”?.Ahmon Richards. People swore he was slow.
Everyone including myself wanted Parish in this class before knowing we would land who we did.
Do you think Franklin is better than parish?
By a mile imo. And your talking about a back in Parish that ran for a fck Ton of yards his last 2 years against legit comp and was also a state champion.

Advertisement
Elite or not is a question of degrees and perspective. I won't pretend to know what some poster's definition of an "elite" RB is.

But I am certain Franklin is a blue chip RB and is the consensus best RB in South Florida in his class. Unless it's a crazy off year at the position, I want the consensus top RB in South Florida in our class every year.

Hes got plenty of film showing him not getting caught by sofla db’s. Don’t confuse a db with a good angle with a slow running back. If every elite back didn’t get caught from behind they would score every time. People also fail to realize that if you play that team everyone on that defense is keying in on him and he still rushes for almost 2 benjis all the time.
You know another player they called slow and didn’t have “top end”?.Ahmon Richards. People swore he was slow.
Everyone including myself wanted Parish in this class before knowing we would land who we did.
Do you think Franklin is better than parish?
By a mile imo. And your talking about a back in Parish that ran for a fck Ton of yards his last 2 years against legit comp and was also a state champion.
I dont Know if franklin is better than Parrish honestly, 2 different style of backs either way.

Everyone including myself wanted Parish in this class before knowing we would land who we did.“

in regards to this statement, I personally Didn’t want Parrish , I wanted Miami to go after knighton from the beginning even with all the naysayers saying it was a waste of time recruiting him and that we should just “settle” on Parrish because they thought we would strike out with knighton. 🤷🏾‍♂️💯.

regardless I’m not saying Franklin is slow but imo he doesn’t have that next level/elite speed ability.

Advertisement
Showing the canes some love again

Attachments

• 6C95C1AA-79D7-41DF-88E6-1B07B7F48207.png
    6C95C1AA-79D7-41DF-88E6-1B07B7F48207.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 392
Thad Franklin is a top 10, top 15 rb in the country and the only rb among that group to give us any real attention. Plus, he goes to Chaminade. Can't downplay his importance for the '21 class.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont Know if franklin is better than Parrish honestly, 2 different style of backs either way.

Everyone including myself wanted Parish in this class before knowing we would land who we did.“

in regards to this statement, I personally Didn’t want Parrish , I wanted Miami to go after knighton from the beginning even with all the naysayers saying it was a waste of time recruiting him and that we should just “settle” on Parrish because they thought we would strike out with knighton. 🤷🏾‍♂️💯.

regardless I’m not saying Franklin is slow but imo he doesn’t have that next level/elite speed ability.

How many times have Richt and Diaz done exactly that and was left standing at the alter with their ****s in their hand on signing day? How do people feel a couple years ago when late in the process Campbell and Surtain went to UGA and Bama? How many have trashed both of them for not having a back up plan? That approach hasn't exactly worked for us.

Settling is getting someone that's not even a plan C or D guy because you have no other option. While he may not have been at the top of the RB board, I wouldn't exactly say getting Parrish is settling. He going to be a productive back.

Advertisement
How many times have Richt and Diaz done exactly that and was left standing at the alter with their ****s in their hand on signing day? How do people feel a couple years ago when late in the process Campbell and Surtain went to UGA and Bama? How many have trashed both of them for not having a back up plan? That approach hasn't exactly worked for us.

Settling is getting someone that's not even a plan C or D guy because you have no other option. While he may not have been at the top of the RB board, I wouldn't exactly say getting Parrish is settling. He going to be a productive back.
Sometimes you just have to do that, richt did it when he recruited gurley. Diaz showed an ability to close down the stretch and keep the class in tact even with the season free falling so it says something imo. Regardless I’m more than happy with who we got in knighton who has much more upside than Parrish. We got 2 of the 3 most talented backs in the state last cycle

Last edited:
Thad Franklin is a top 10 back in the united states. You don’t need breakaway speed to be an elite college back. He is 220 pounds and compliments perfectly with Knighton and Chaney. Those 3 backs are big time. Wisconsin produces running backs that are elite college backs and not many have breakaway speed. He’s a guy who will hammer through and get you first downs.

If he decommits again, I hope his replacement isn’t Daniels. I am not hating on the kid, but he would be a kid I would add as the second back in this class. Miami has to find a grown dog or keep Franklin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back