Thad Franklin Shuts Down the Rumors

Would imagine Hickson/Diaz closed this down with the quickness after those FSU comments. Also wonder if they assured him they were only taking one back this cycle. If that's the case, i'd guess that Daniels doesn't have a spot.

Advertisement
I’m a Yulkeith guy
Not to sound politically correct, but it depends what the staff wants. An extra running back, or another outside weapon. It’s amazing to trust the staff. It’s been since my favorite coach Butch was here that i felt this good. I don’t think there was a better evaluator of talent then he was high school to college.

Maybe this will help.

In the corporate world, after the staff have been working at home remotely, they do not want to go back into the office.

1. Because it feels safer at home.
2. People are used to being at home with family.
3. Friends, brother sisters who have not been talking much are talking and zooming more than ever.
4. The family now more then ever means more than bags maybe to them.
5. they can now make money outside of the University with their likeness, so no need for bags.

So if the recruit are not able to go on trips and be wine and dine, they feel safer at home with family. Now there will always be the bag chaser, and nothing you can do about that.

It's great to be a CANE, in these hard times. Hope everyone stays safe.
There's a lot to this statement. I wish I could upvote it twice.

How many people moved into shoebox sized NY apartments with no kitchen because they figured they'd never be home? Along comes quarantine. My kids and grandkids have always loved being over here during things like hurricanes and quarantines because we always find a way to have fun.

Advertisement
Smart decision. If he continued to flirt with other schools, his spot may be lost. That’s how good Miami is recruiting right now. Either you are with us, or you are against us. Good to see him officially shut it down.
This 100%. Seems Manny has let guys know no more ***ing around with other schools or your spot may be gone. Hopefully we put a great product on the field and reap the rewards.

Not to sound politically correct, but it depends what the staff wants. An extra running back, or another outside weapon. It’s amazing to trust the staff. It’s been since my favorite coach Butch was here that i felt this good. I don’t think there was a better evaluator of talent then he was high school to college.
I think Yulkeith can do both and would be a perfect compliment to Thad. Receiving back/slot hybrid.

huge news, building a very solid (close to elite levels imo) rb room. His film has been insane considering he was just a JR. I'm not a recruiting expert but I am not sure how he is not getting more hype and love in the recruiting world. Can catch out of the backfield and runs extremely effortlessly especially when you remember he is a power back. Glad we take the best in sofla yet again

I love watching the fast, shifty home run hitter Duke Johnson types for pure entertainment value but most championship caliber teams have a physical, north south battering ram rb who can wear down a defense in the 2nd half of games. Franklin brings that dimension our rb room currently lacks so I'm psyched to see him shut it down and eventually sign with the crib.

Advertisement
manny1.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't need amari now save the space. Love his game but don't need 2 RBs

I think we need 2. Cam is probably gone to the NFL draft after this year, and there's no guarantee Burns sticks around for a 5th season. That would leave us with only 3, including Thad. Ideally you have 4-5, so I'd still take Daniels.

Plus Daniels is a great RB to pair with Thad at the college level

Advertisement
Back