Thad Franklin Shuts Down the Rumors

Advertisement

Franklin says after Miami coaches learned of his interest in FSU that they were straight up in telling him they would have to start recruiting other running backs.

“It’s a business, so…” Franklin said. “They still want one more running back anyway.”

It’s likely that either Amari Daniels or Yulkeith Brown come on board.

“I’m okay with that,” Franklin said. “It is what it is. I have to come in and work.”

It’s so much better getting these tweets that confirm allegiance than “respect my decision” decommits. Hopefully this will be the new norm for us; kids clamoring to commit and holding on to their spots.

Advertisement
I think this is a good sign... Unsure of what is being told but Andy and Thad both had been hyping up some other schools and I find it no coincidence that they both shut it down within 12 hours of one another.

Hopefully the staff is finally showing some cojones and telling kids to **** or get off the pot. We can find a RB anywhere down here.

Franklin says after Miami coaches learned of his interest in FSU that they were straight up in telling him they would have to start recruiting other running backs.

“It’s a business, so…” Franklin said. “They still want one more running back anyway.”

“I’m okay with that,” Franklin said. “It is what it is. I have to come in and work.”

Unfortuntalely were gonna need a 2nd back unless Burns or Cam promises to stay another year. Can’t believe when all these kids finally want to jump on the train and were tight on spots, we are gonna be forced to take 2 at a position we’ve always been great at recruiting.

Advertisement

@TouchMoney26 is undefeated... looks like we are taking one more back! Ty Kam Kinchens!!! now go work on Jason Marshall!

All of this is great news. We got the best back in the state shutting down his recruitment and is aware that we still want to add another back to the class so nothing should surprise him. Selfishly I want Daniels, Brown, and Smith then figure it out when we get on campus.

Yuuuge.

Now pair him with this rocket...

The coaches need to bring in 2 RB's every year, PERIOD! I suppose if we have a year where we bring 3 killer backs and they all seem like they won't portal out of there (unlikely scenario in this era), then maybe 1 RB the following year, but the bottom line is, we burn through backs during a typical year. We need to bring 2 in every year because they get injured somewhat easily and we'll always lose some through the portal.

As far as usable backs we only have Camron, Burns, Jaylon and Chaney.
  • Cam is a reliable back and is solid, but he's one guy and RB's at our level of competition take an absolute beating.
  • Then, we have Burns, who I've always rooted for, but is perpetually competing for the Mr. Glass award. If Burns could ever get consistent because of his natural toolset, he really could shock the CFB world, but chances are that won't happen. Bottomline, he has taken meaningless snaps over the last 3 years. Would love for him to Cinderella his story, but to this point, he's not to be relied upon.
  • Jaylon and Chaney are both loaded with talent and ability, but neither one of them have taken a singular snap in a CFB game and one can only assume that they won't be a ton of help in pass pro for King.
Um, that's it. We'll probably burn the frosh's RS this season out of necessity and there's a high chance that Cam bounces after this season and Burns will academically graduate and unless he explodes on the scene for this year, will probably not stay his 5th year to ride the pine behind Chaney, Jaylon and Thad.

So, that means we'll have two true soph RB's coming back next season as players who have some experience while we break in a new QB.

You see what I'm saying? We are easily 2-3 seasons away from having so much depth that we might just take one RB.

Bring in Amari as well and shut it down. Assuming all that happens, we'll have 4 young and relatively inexperienced players carrying the load for the team. We might even bring in someone from the portal because if just one guy goes down, we have NO margin in the RB room. If two go down, even if it's just for a couple weeks.... oy!

Advertisement
There's been so much good news going on here lately, I'm borderline confused haha.

But this is huge, you need backs with the dimensions and play style of thad to compliment the knightons and chaneys that we can pull in.

4th quarter abuse on defenses with a bruiser is a beautiful sight

Advertisement

GIVE ME YUL YESTERDAY

Advertisement
Back