Thad Franklin re commits

Dude is physical as **** especially for 195-200 pounds , good not great speed. Personally I love guys like this more than the smaller , quicker , agile backs. This guy you need multiple guys to tackle him and eventually defenders will make business decisions.

He can take it to the house , so he’s not slow. Just not as fast as say a knighton. But imo you would much rather deal with knighton , especially at the first two levels.

Nice fit with Chaney and knighton.
He is bigger than 195-200 that was just his listed weight. That dude is legit like 215 right now

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is enormous. Franklin runs like a 225-pound Frank Gore. Very similar running style.

2,400 yards last year. Toyed with Central like they were a homecoming opponent. A true stud.

That's what I was about to say, in those highlights he's always falling forward just like Gore. No disrespect to Chaney or Knighton because I think they can be great as well, but these are the type of RBs I like. There are times during a course of a game where you have to wear out a Defense in the 4th quarter, and you need a RB like this to do that.

Last edited:
This is great news... But at the same time I'm actually scared that he recommitted so soon. I honestly would have preferred for him to wait to see how the season plays out. Because if we suck again, now I'm going to be thinking about if everyone will decommit.

Don't really know if all of what I said made sense... But for the time being.... WE *******!!!!!

That's what I was about to say, in those highlights he's always falling forward just like Gore. No disrespect to Chaney or Knighton because I'm a fan of theirs as well, but these are the type of RBs I like. There are times during a course of a game where you have to wear out a Defense in the 4th quarter, and you need a RB like this to do that.
A slower gore is who I saw too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If he learned how to extend his stride a little when he sees green grass he’d have break away speed. Happy he’s back on board.

Advertisement
Back