Off-Topic Texas A&M's top receiver just got arrested, facing gun + drug charges

Absolutely not. It’ll be dropped to a misdemeanor. He’s gonna lose his ability to own a firearm and do community service, and maybe a fine.

If the felony were to hold up, he’d do 24 months. And IMO if the firearm is illegal, he should.

Yeah the only thing I don’t agree with you on, is him doing time even if the firearm is illegal. I don't see what purpose it serves, and there’s so many other people committing 1000 times worse offenses that are being let go.

Advertisement
Did anybody here actually say that he needs to go to jail? Please.

Has he been arraigned yet? Bond? Are you asking if those events have occurred already and he has been processed for jail by arresting officer/transfer officer? If so, yes he was processed and in jail already.

Do I think he should go to prison? **** no.

If he had ten pounds of weed I still would think it was bs but it’d be understandable. What did this kid have on him a blunt? 20 grams? He should go to prison for that? How many players on our team do you think smoke weed? Have firearms?
Im extremely pro Marijuana legalization but i also know the laws surrounding guns.

It is a felony to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and be in possession of a firearm. Absolutely that deserves time.

Yeah the only thing I don’t agree with you on, is him doing time even if the firearm is illegal. I don't see what purpose it serves, and there’s so many other people committing 1000 times worse offenses that are being let go.
That’s the thing, they shouldn’t be let go either. Can’t complain about gun crimes or crime in general, if you are saying people should be let go after they commit them.

That’s the thing, they shouldn’t be let go either. Can’t complain about gun crimes or crime in general, if you are saying people should be let go after they commit them.

With me a lot of it has to do with what’s that person’s history? I believe he has a clean sheet, no way I would recommend jail for him. But that’s just my opinion.

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter what the law is, I can virtually guarantee that he’s going to get pled down, it’s going to be a suspended sentence, with community work and some type of other administrative type punishment.

I doubt this guy has any priors, nor does he have a history of violence. I say it’s reduced not because he’s a football player, just about anybody with a clean record would probably get that reduction just about anywhere. No way we should be putting people without priors and having not committed a violent crime, in jail, for something like this.
Very slippery slope there.

I dont believe he will get time though.

Advertisement
With me a lot of it has to do with what’s that person’s history? I believe he has a clean sheet, no way I would recommend jail for him. But that’s just my opinion.
So hes drunk or high or both in the possession of a firearm. I know nothing happened but plenty of people get hurt or killed in situations like that. Just saying.

I dont believe anyone is saying give him life or anything ridiculous but honestly thats a serious crime when a gun is involved.

Advertisement
Im extremely pro Marijuana legalization but i also know the laws surrounding guns.

It is a felony to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and be in possession of a firearm. Absolutely that deserves time.

Have you ever smoked weed? Do you own a gun? You can conceal carry a firearm in bars in the great state of Georgia. I tend to agree guns shouldn't be in bars, but truly you could have your gun locked in a safe at home but get so drunk you make poor decisions, but maybe not so drunk you can't open the safe. My best guess is anyone that conceal carries isn't leaving their firearm in the glovebox when going into Taco Mac. I understand there are consequences for our actions. How many of us have been in possession of our firearm and have had alcohol? Probably not many! The likelihood that any of us would be arrested in the first place like the AM player, is slim to none for most of us. Now you know why I do not think the kid should be banned from school or do time.

Have you ever smoked weed? Do you own a gun? You can conceal carry a firearm in bars in the great state of Georgia. I tend to agree guns shouldn't be in bars, but truly you could have your gun locked in a safe at home but get so drunk you make poor decisions, but maybe not so drunk you can't open the safe. My best guess is anyone that conceal carries isn't leaving their firearm in the glovebox when going into Taco Mac. I understand there are consequences for our actions. How many of us have been in possession of our firearm and have had alcohol? Probably not many! The likelihood that any of us would be arrested in the first place like the AM player, is slim to none for most of us. Now you know why I do not think the kid should be banned from school or do time.
I have never been intoxicated while in possession of a firearm because i know its a serious crime. Everyone within society should understand its a serious crime.

You cant treat some gun crimes different from others. If you are a concealed carry holder youre taught how serious a gun crime is. Youre taught youll be arrested if under the influence while in possession of a firearm.

Advertisement
Allowed to bring them in bars here in north carolina also. As long as you dont have a sip of alcohol. Nothing wrong with carrying in bars. Changes once youve had a drink. Same exact thing with a car. Fine to carry alcohol in your car. Changes if you decide to drink while driving.

Allowed to bring them in bars here in north carolina also. As long as you dont have a sip of alcohol. Nothing wrong with carrying in bars. Changes once youve had a drink. Same exact thing with a car. Fine to carry alcohol in your car. Changes if you decide to drink while driving.

I may have missed it, but I don't think I saw anything prohibiting a drink of alcohol in Georgia. I think intoxication is the key, and that comes into play when driving. Ofcourse it could change if drunks start shooting up bars. Otherwise you wouldn't get caught. Right? Im concealing while at a bar in Ga I can drink. If I use the gun in the bar, I better not be intoxicated and have a really good reason for using it! On the drive home I better not be intoxicated, if I am and get pulled over . . . I could be ****ed. I am suggesting that most of us would not have any issues in the scenario above. I want to know how this kid gets arrested by University police? The math doesn't add up for me on this story.

I do think you have raised valid points. Respectfully, Mothers Against Drunk Driving have a great marketing team and political clout. Levels of intoxication are extremely low . . . Changes in the GA legal driving alcohol limit. Because the Georgia BAC limit has been lowered three times in the last 4 decades, to about half of what used to be allowed, you need to comply with staying under the legal blood alcohol level in Georgia. The old legal limit in GA dropped from 0.15 grams percent to 0.12, and 0.10 ten years later, before ending up being altered in 2001 to today’s 0.08 grams percent.

How is the likelihood of any of us getting arrested like this kid, slim to none?

Advertisement
Back