Off-Topic Texas A&M's top receiver just got arrested, facing gun + drug charges

DWI is serious. The weed and gun, forget about it. This could be so many players across the nation. I do not see this as something that should end his career.
You dont think having a gun and drugs should end his career???? Lol

You realize youre not allowed to have a gun if youre under the influence right? Its a felony which should mean prison time.

Advertisement
Did you just ask if drunk driving and unlawfully possessing a weapon, should be a crime?
Possession of marijuana with a gun, that charge. His possession of pot along with a gun is a charge. That's what I'm talking about.

The DWI won't keep him from p!aging in the 3rd game of the season.

Advertisement
Possession of marijuana with a gun, that charge. His possession of pot along with a gun is a charge. That's what I'm talking about.

The DWI won't keep him from p!aging in the 3rd game of the season.
There are multiple felonies that occurred.

You realize youre not allowed to have a gun if youre under the influence right? Its a felony which should mean prison time.

If he had ten pounds of weed I still would think it was bs but it’d be understandable. What did this kid have on him a blunt? 20 grams? He should go to prison for that? How many players on our team do you think smoke weed? Have firearms?

If he had ten pounds of weed I still would think it was bs but it’d be understandable. What did this kid have on him a blunt? 20 grams? He should go to prison for that? How many players on our team do you think smoke weed? Have firearms?
I don’t care how many smoke weed. If they have a gun too, and it isn’t “legal” then things change.

Should what he did be a crime?
Wasn’t it a Tex am officer? It’s bull**** I’d bet. People talking about felonies. Lol. I think a large contingent of our team smokes herb and carrying. Good they got targets on their back.

Advertisement
I don’t care how many smoke weed. If they have a gun too, and it isn’t “legal” then things change.

It’s a dumb law. There is a reason we aren’t hearing stories of pot heads shooting people with assault rifles, respectfully.

I don’t think his career should be over. And I sure as **** don’t think he should go to prison.

It’s a dumb law. There is a reason we aren’t hearing stories of pot heads shooting people with assault rifles, respectfully.
True, but I don’t carry because I don’t have my CCP. Again, I haven’t read into this enough to understand other than the normal laws.

True, but I don’t carry because I don’t have my CCP. Again, I haven’t read into this enough to understand other than the normal laws.

I can conceal and open carry in Georgia. When I go purchase another firearm I’ll be on a smoke break. Can’t be breaking the laws.

Advertisement
I’ll fill you in then. You cannot carry when you are intoxicated. It’s like driving a commercial vehicle. 0.00 or you get the bracelets. Having it locked away may vary per state idk. I’m only familiar with those laws in a handful of states. But in Texas possessing a firearm while committing a crime, like DUI, is a 3rd degree felony.

And keep in mind, this is assuming the gun was legal, and he was eligible to own the weapon. If it wasn’t or he wasn’t, he’s in for a ton more issues.

It doesn’t matter what the law is, I can virtually guarantee that he’s going to get pled down, it’s going to be a suspended sentence, with community work and some type of other administrative type punishment.

I doubt this guy has any priors, nor does he have a history of violence. I say it’s reduced not because he’s a football player, just about anybody with a clean record would probably get that reduction just about anywhere. No way we should be putting people without priors and having not committed a violent crime, in jail, for something like this.

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter what the law is, I can virtually guarantee that he’s going to get pled down, it’s going to be a suspended sentence, with community work and some type of other administrative type punishment.

I doubt this guy has any priors, nor does he have a history of violence. I say it’s reduced not because he’s a football player, just about anybody with a clean record would probably get that reduction just about anywhere. No way we should be putting people without priors and having not committed a violent crime, in jail, for something like this.
Minimum he’s gonna forfeit his right to own a firearm. 5 years to life depending on what it gets dropped down to.

Advertisement
Back