Off-Topic Texas A&M's top receiver just got arrested, facing gun + drug charges

@AtlAtty - does this sound to you like a suspended sentence with X number of community hours?

I think the weed charge goes away, but what’s the bill for the DWI and the unlawful weapon?

I’m not familiar with how they prosecute this in Texas, and I understand you’re based in Georgia, but just wondering based on your experience what this ends up looking like for the player. I mean other than maybe some 1 or 2 game suspension, that’s all I see from the school, but I’m more interested in terms of any legal repercussions that may somehow affect his playing time, because just from what I know, I don’t see anything that would do that.

As a total novice, I would expect he doesn’t do a single day, and it’s more like some community service type sentence which he can do between games or over a period of a year or whatever.

Advertisement
Has anyone done a breakdown on the ATM game?

This is a VERY winnable match. Yes, they've got that SEC pedigree and Jumbo has consistently beaten Miami (hate tying that, but it's true), but they lost a TON on defense. The Chappell kid is elite in secondary, but our TE's should be able to eat all game on that defense.

Offensively, outside of, Achane who is a game breaker, and King, who may or may not even be the Qb by the time we play them, they don't have much. Their strength is their OL versus our DL (which funnily enough might also be our strength). Their WR corps even with Smtih, was already suspect. Playing bully ball will be their strategy.
I wouldn't say they "don't have much." They just signed the top recruiting class in 247 history.

::::Jimbo checks schedule::::

Sam Hou St - Wk 1
App State - Wk 2
Miami - Wk 3

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: We are aware of the current situation regarding WR1 & have suspended him accordingly for the first two games of the 2022 season.

Advertisement
@AtlAtty - does this sound to you like a suspended sentence with X number of community hours?

I think the weed charge goes away, but what’s the bill for the DWI and the unlawful weapon?

I’m not familiar with how they prosecute this in Texas, and I understand you’re based in Georgia, but just wondering based on your experience what this ends up looking like for the player. I mean other than maybe some 1 or 2 game suspension, that’s all I see from the school, but I’m more interested in terms of any legal repercussions that may somehow affect his playing time, because just from what I know, I don’t see anything that would do that.

As a total novice, I would expect he doesn’t do a single day, and it’s more like some community service type sentence which he can do between games or over a period of a year or whatever.
lol in the sec, the game counts as community service.

I guess his NIL wasn’t enough.

aTm's NIL:

6nayk9.jpg

I just heard, Jimbo is already getting ahead of this situation, by asking Jameis Winston to come in and mentor Smith.

Advertisement
Has anyone done a breakdown on the ATM game?

This is a VERY winnable match. Yes, they've got that SEC pedigree and Jumbo has consistently beaten Miami (hate tying that, but it's true), but they lost a TON on defense. The Chappell kid is elite in secondary, but our TE's should be able to eat all game on that defense.

Offensively, outside of, Achane who is a game breaker, and King, who may or may not even be the Qb by the time we play them, they don't have much. Their strength is their OL versus our DL (which funnily enough might also be our strength). Their WR corps even with Smtih, was already suspect. Playing bully ball will be their strategy.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/early-betting-line-against-a-m.177754/post-5877413

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami gets a bad rap as a city and place for these kids go to college, but swear to God, it's the small-town yokel style living that is infinitely worse for these kids.

Come to Miami and sure, there are parts of the city where trouble will find you—but idle hands and nothing to do in a dump like College Station, Texas can be so much worse as these kids are just looking to fill their down time—and that's where real trouble can brew.

It's human nature; staying busy and having multiple options and things to do can actually keep you from doing dumb things that get you in trouble.

All the moronic things I did with buddies at a teenager; usually came from having a lot of time, no money, limited resources and nothing to do—which led to the kinds of things that got us hurt, other people hurt or resulting in some type of illegal activity, or property damage.

Advertisement
Back