Texas A&M is not a must win

Cement what we are after 3 games? Please say **** that make sense bro. Losing to Bama cemented what we were under Diaz because it was his 3rd season and 6th overall. If we lose to Texas A&M our job is to show up and smash Middle Tennessee and start ACC play with a win off the by week against UNC, leaving us 4-1 with every single objective in front of us. Yall piling other people and other Cane teams results into this season is what I'm not having. Beating A&M doesn't mean we are back or even an elite team, losing to them will not derail our season period end of. So how exactly is that a must win game? Not sure if you know but we got 9 games to play after this 1.
in the national perception, it absolutely gives off the impression that we are the same old miami that can't be a mediocre SEC Team. it doesn't mean were back even if we win, but it does mean were not close if we can't take advantage of what is a dysfunctional and bad ATM team. keep going on about how this isnt a must win game. youlll be on that island alone after it.

Advertisement
Totally agree with hoop156. You paid a ton of money for Mario and TAMU just lost to a team they were heavily favored to beat. What kind of juice are you guys drinking? The best league is the SEC and if we win it shows we belong. If we lose it's the same story for the past 16-18 years. Oh yeah, lets beat up on Middle TN lol and then conquer the weak ACC. Give me a break, the turnaround starts this Saturday night and Mario needs to make this happen. Other coaches are doing it and there are NO MORE EXCUSES!

You say that...but F around and get soundly beaten by A&M, and things will be hairy. Pitt??....We beat them last yr and they STILL Won the ACC...Pitt isn't the problem...I have wayyyy more confidence beating them than A&M. Our 3 biggest games left are A&M...Clemson and FSU. (FSU because they're a rivalry)

If the title had been "We cannot get embarrased by A&M", then I would agree with you and the OP. But it's not a "Must Win".

As far as Pitt, I didn't mean Pitt specifically, I just meant we need to win the Coastal. That's the only MUST for me this season.

in the national perception, it absolutely gives off the impression that we are the same old miami that can't be a mediocre SEC Team. it doesn't mean were back even if we win, but it does mean were not close if we can't take advantage of what is a dysfunctional and bad ATM team. keep going on about how this isnt a must win game. youlll be on that island alone after it.
National perception means nothing. We had National perception that we were a playoff team when we were 10-0 in 2017. Winning, 85, 90% of your games over 20,30, 40 games, that's how you change real perception.

If the title had been "We cannot get embarrased by A&M", then I would agree with you and the OP. But it's not a "Must Win".

As far as Pitt, I didn't mean Pitt specifically, I just meant we need to win the Coastal. That's the only MUST for me this season.
The title said its not a must win.

Advertisement
This is NOT 20-30 years ago. National perception means quite a bit. So Notre Dame has a national perception whether good or bad. Are you telling me that's meaningless? LOL

I have News for you....I don't believe A&M eeks out a win...."If" they win, it will be by 10+ points....

This is NOT 20-30 years ago. National perception means quite a bit. So Notre Dame has a national perception whether good or bad. Are you telling me that's meaningless? LOL
NDs perception is they can never win a big game. they'll forever be known as that until they win a big game. we are that. were the team w the hype every few years that gets embarrassed in big games.

I agree with OP. Fans want to define a season after a single game. You can't do that. There will be good this year and probably bad but I'll reserve my assessment of the team until the conclusion of the season, where hopefully we've seen weekly progress from game 1 to 12.

Advertisement
That is what I'm saying SUPACANE. You must win your games and you're saying two different things. Forget it, I'm not going to disagree further. Been a Canes fan for 40 years and a season ticket holder for 35. We lose here and it's a terrible loss in the eyes of coaches, players, recruits, and the COUNTRY. You you can't reason with that than so be it. This a very winnable game to say the least.

All I can say is reading some posts here it is certain that some of you have never ever experienced watching a kick *** Miami team in person. This game is way more than an important game but a must win. Having the X man out could work in our advantage if certain players step up and the team plays flawless. A loss here sets the program back and a blow out and say goodbye to getting in the top 25 for a while. I think we win.

Totally agree with hoop156. You paid a ton of money for Mario and TAMU just lost to a team they were heavily favored to beat. What kind of juice are you guys drinking? The best league is the SEC and if we win it shows we belong. If we lose it's the same story for the past 16-18 years. Oh yeah, lets beat up on Middle TN lol and then conquer the weak ACC. Give me a break, the turnaround starts this Saturday night and Mario needs to make this happen. Other coaches are doing it and there are NO MORE EXCUSES!

I have noticed sometimes you make entire post in all bold (typically some CAPS), sometimes you post in all italics, and sometimes you post in regular font. I have decided (and can't be convinced otherwise) each of these writing styles belongs to one of the three distinct Nickster personalities. And it has definitely made your posts much more interesting to me.

Advertisement
Back