Texas A&M is not a must win

No game 3 of a coach‘s tenure is a must win. Unless you’re Marcus Freeman.

Important, yes. Must win, no.

Facts. We absolutely do not need to win this game. If there is a must win game this season, it's probably Pitt. We need to win the Coastal to move the program forward. Outside of that, everything else is gravy.

Advertisement
So UF wins one game, beating their chest then next week, butt of jokes. My point. We need consistency, we execute this week, we moved to next week and do it again. When we play for a game that puts us in the ACC title game or put us in the playoff or a team that has actually won things recently I will consider it a big game, cuz none of them is gonna be a must win. Most of our fans only care about other fans making jokes or joking on other fans. I care about executing.....weekly.
I think we're on the same page.

It'll feel like it's a must win until the rest of the season plays out because FSU and UF are gonna drop more games and we'll probably make it to the ACCCG.

But it'll feel like it was a must win for several weeks if we lose and if we win the after shocks will probably carry us several weeks worth of recruiting momentum and national spotlight going into at least the UNC game.. which is always good for a program trying to get off the ground.

I think we're on the same page.

It'll feel like it's a must win until the rest of the season plays out because FSU and UF are gonna drop more games and we'll probably make it to the ACCCG.

But it'll feel like it was a must win for several weeks if we lose and if we win the after shocks will probably carry us several weeks worth of recruiting momentum and national spotlight going into at least the UNC game.. which is always good for a program trying to get off the ground.
the other thing is the country expects us to win now. they've seen ATM get exposed. you lose and youre just another acc team that got exposed by an average at best sec team

Please get this nonsense out of our space. It's doing my head in. Texas A&M has never won **** and they just lost to App St last week. I don't care if they come in mad. It's about execution. We have been starved of success so long where we are hyping middling programs up to be juggernauts or more than they are.

Florida beat Utah week 1, celebrated their championship and Heisman, only to turn a week later and lose to Kentucky with their players waving UF fans out the stadium.

FSU beat LSU in week 1, LSU won a title 3 years ago and have more rated players than FSU. Was that a must win, was it a big game, are we fearing FSU now?

We want to win the game, no doubt, not saying losing is ok. But what I want to see is consistency all through the season. Not beat Texas A&M and then turn up 3 weeks later off a bye and lose to UNC at home because we were high off hyping up Texas A&M to be superbowl level. These games are routine out of conference game, we go in their execute, get the *** outa that cow pasture and start preparing for Middle Tennessee at 3-0 nothing more, nothing less.
india beta GIF by bypriyashah

jk @supacane i'm with you

Advertisement
Totally disagree with you 10000000000000000000000000%. We have basically been irrelevant to the rest of the country since 2003. Last big game we won on the road was many years ago. THIS IS A MUST GAME and there is no way of spinning this unless you feel MEDIOCRITY is what UM stands for.

Btw it was the same way I felt about NC St and Pitt last year even though they were ranked teams when we played them and finished ranked. We supposed to go beat them man. Our ineptitude hype them up more than they were.

Btw who showed up in both game? TBD. Tyler Big Dyk

Totally disagree with you 10000000000000000000000000%. We have basically been irrelevant to the rest of the country since 2003. Last big game we won on the road was many years ago. THIS IS A MUST GAME and there is no way of spinning this unless you feel MEDIOCRITY is what UM stands for.
Winning one game changes nothing that happened since 2003. Beating ND in 2017 didn't change that with GameDay there and was even in the playoff hunt. Total melt down after beat UVA at home. No one game is gonna change none of that. Weekly consistency. Showing up business like, executing, winning, piling wins is the only way we change any of that. Simple.

Advertisement
Please get this nonsense out of our space. It's doing my head in. Texas A&M has never won **** and they just lost to App St last week. I don't care if they come in mad. It's about execution. We have been starved of success so long where we are hyping middling programs up to be juggernauts or more than they are.

Florida beat Utah week 1, celebrated their championship and Heisman, only to turn a week later and lose to Kentucky with their players waving UF fans out the stadium.

FSU beat LSU in week 1, LSU won a title 3 years ago and have more rated players than FSU. Was that a must win, was it a big game, are we fearing FSU now?

We want to win the game, no doubt, not saying losing is ok. But what I want to see is consistency all through the season. Not beat Texas A&M and then turn up 3 weeks later off a bye and lose to UNC at home because we were high off hyping up Texas A&M to be superbowl level. These games are routine out of conference game, we go in their execute, get the *** outa that cow pasture and start preparing for Middle Tennessee at 3-0 nothing more, nothing less.

Correct. We're in year 1 with a new HC who is attempting to significantly change the culture. I want to win as badly as anyone else, but I think it's wise to keep some perspective.

That is what I'm saying SUPACANE. You must win your games and you're saying two different things. Forget it, I'm not going to disagree further. Been a Canes fan for 40 years and a season ticket holder for 35. We lose here and it's a terrible loss in the eyes of coaches, players, recruits, and the COUNTRY. You you can't reason with that than so be it. This a very winnable game to say the least.

Advertisement
Correct. We're in year 1 with a new HC who is attempting to significantly change the culture. I want to win as badly as anyone else, but I think it's wise to keep some perspective.

USC is coming off a 4-8 season and many people are expecting them to make a playoff push in year 1 with Riley. It's hard to keep perspective when another coach is in a similar situation and it already looks like he's got something special brewing.

It’s a must be competitive game. Hard to get the big recruits to buy in if we get dog walked by any team with half a pulse

USC is coming off a 4-8 season and many people are expecting them to make a playoff push in year 1 with Riley. It's hard to keep perspective when another coach is in a similar situation and it already looks like he's got something special brewing.
They are 2-0 we are 2-0. Their defense is terrible. They couldn't stop Stanford. If yall were their fans yall would be calling for the DC to be fired.

Advertisement
Every game is a must win.
I came here to say this.

We need to win whatever the next game is on the schedule. There can be no looking ahead. We've got the staff, we are spending money. Now, it's time to build. That's one game at a time.

That is what I'm saying SUPACANE. You must win your games and you're saying two different things. Forget it, I'm not going to disagree further. Been a Canes fan for 40 years and a season ticket holder for 35. We lose here and it's a terrible loss in the eyes of coaches, players, recruits, and the COUNTRY. You you can't reason with that than so be it. This a very winnable game to say the least.
Texas A&M beat Bama and lost to Miss St and LSU and followed that into this season and lost to App St. They were better off losing to Bama and winning the other 3. This is one game we want to win. Putting all this great import on it is what im not buying into.

I don't know what must win even means. If its a must win we lose then Mario is doomed here?

Advertisement
Back