Texas A&M is not a must win

supacane

Senior
Please get this nonsense out of our space. It's doing my head in. Texas A&M has never won **** and they just lost to App St last week. I don't care if they come in mad. It's about execution. We have been starved of success so long where we are hyping middling programs up to be juggernauts or more than they are.

Florida beat Utah week 1, celebrated their championship and Heisman, only to turn a week later and lose to Kentucky with their players waving UF fans out the stadium.

FSU beat LSU in week 1, LSU won a title 3 years ago and have more rated players than FSU. Was that a must win, was it a big game, are we fearing FSU now?

We want to win the game, no doubt, not saying losing is ok. But what I want to see is consistency all through the season. Not beat Texas A&M and then turn up 3 weeks later off a bye and lose to UNC at home because we were high off hyping up Texas A&M to be superbowl level. These games are routine out of conference game, we go in their execute, get the *** outa that cow pasture and start preparing for Middle Tennessee at 3-0 nothing more, nothing less.

Advertisement
I want to agree and I agree with most of your takes on here, but with them losing to App State last week this became a game where we have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Jimbo pretty much screwed us by them now being the lower ranked team.

Beer Bros GIF by Dude Bro Party Massacre III

Advertisement
The last nationally relevant game we’ve actually performed in was ND in 2017. On the road????

This is a serious test for the program like it or not. Losing to App State last week would make a loss even more disappointing. It’s much more likely we realize your scenario of dropping random ones in the ACC if we lose this one than if we win it, don’t be silly.

Must win? Nah, but if we want to really heat up in recruiting we have to show recruits we aren’t a doormat for SEC schools.
that's right.. A&M is probably a 8-4 SEC team this year... we claim to be a top 2 ACC team... yes it's an away game at night in a hostile environment, but A&M is very beatable..

Advertisement
Florida and FSU already having "big wins" (Florida already ruined their momentum losing to UK) and then A&M losing to App State the week prior have made this **** near a must win game. In reality, is it a must win? Obviously not. There's no major consequence losing this game. Recruiting is already pretty stagnant aside from who is committed and locked in.

The national perception and if you want to get hot in recruiting again.. it is a must win. You can't lose to the team that just lost to App State the week before and not expect to be on the wrong end of some jokes and criticism. An L will only delay the process even more. We could badly use the momentum and avoid the negative recruiting that will come... especially if our offense is stagnant.

All valid points. But beating them won't guarantee anything we want to achieve. Losing to them won't stop anything we want to achieve. These games are routine games.

People are shocked at their struggles, I'm not. They were ranked 98th in returning production. They were being propped up by that recruiting class and by beating Bama last year. It's a routine game in my mind and been since the offseason. They actually look even worse than I thought to be honest.

Advertisement
Florida and FSU already having "big wins" (Florida already ruined their momentum losing to UK) and then A&M losing to App State the week prior have made this **** near a must win game. In reality, is it a must win? Obviously not. There's no major consequence losing this game. Recruiting is already pretty stagnant aside from who is committed and locked in.

The national perception and if you want to get hot in recruiting again.. it is a must win. You can't lose to the team that just lost to App State the week before and not expect to be on the wrong end of some jokes and criticism. An L will only delay the process even more. We could badly use the momentum and avoid the negative recruiting that will come... especially if our offense is stagnant.
So UF wins one game, beating their chest then next week, butt of jokes. My point. We need consistency, we execute this week, we moved to next week and do it again. When we play for a game that puts us in the ACC title game or put us in the playoff or a team that has actually won things recently I will consider it a big game, cuz none of them is gonna be a must win. Most of our fans only care about other fans making jokes or joking on other fans. I care about executing.....weekly.

agreed. id also add that there are many common targets at this game this weekend many of whom play in spots that are position of needs for us in the future. we need to impress this weekend. you lose sat night esp in front of them and the country, you take 10 steps backwards. it would be diff if atm didnt go toe to toe w us for recruits but they recruit the same guys and have beaten us for the top guys in the past

So UF wins one game, beating their chest then next week, butt of jokes. My point. We need consistency, we execute this week, we moved to next week and do it again. When we play for a game that puts us in the ACC title game or put us in the playoff or a team that has actually won things recently I will consider it a big game, cuz none of them is gonna be a must win. Most of our fans only care about other fans making jokes or joking on other fans. I care about executing.....weekly.
lol what? this is a big game man.

Advertisement
TVD needs to have the game of his career…and someone, (probably multiple people) need to fill the void of someone who shall not be named at WR.

Games That Are More Important Than The A&M Game
Every
Single
ACC
Game

Does that mean this game doesn't matter? No, it obviously matters.
If we win, great. Hype will be throw the roof and Mario will be rolling into the ACC schedule. Recruiting will probably benefit greatly as well.
If we lose, keep it close and make it a game. Just don't get embarrassed.

Advertisement
Back