Texas a & m football players robbed and shot

Advertisement
This isn't Beach related or even Spring Break related (aside from that's why these two were here). They were in the hood at 5:30am and got robbed and shot. Probably got lost leaving Wynwood or were looking for some "party favors". According to everyone back in Texas they're great kids and thankfully it appears as both are going to fully recover.

Yeah, big difference between some slap and tickle fights on the beach and getting shot. This is all about context. Where exactly were they?

Advertisement
Miami Beach holding a special meeting today with the amount of violence this spring break.

Just like Fort Lauderdale did when I was running corprate yachts in the 90s.

They had that one spring break where balcony jumping between parties was all the rage - I want to say like 6 kids died. The city fathers put a screaching halt to spring break after that - one way beach loop and got the word out the next year, college kids werent welcome. They patrolled the **** out of the beach during that next spring break busting kids dumb enough who showed up like they weren't serious, for anything they could find.

Then Daytona and MTV jumped in.

Some historical perspective of how entrenched Lauderdale was in Spring Break Lore, and they changed in a wink of an eye. Watch this trailer.

Last edited:
Slap and tickle? A couple weeks ago a guy shot a person on the Beach. Get with it and read a little.

Yeah, big difference between some slap and tickle fights on the beach and getting shot. This is all about context. Where exactly were they?
On TV the recent brawl at Miami Beach one was bleeding profusely from the head with a huge gash, another looked like he was missing teeth. Slap and tickle. You must be a ********* that like to be beaten.

Or even about Spring Breakers bringing guns down here with them too.

This was on the 1800 block of NW 2 Ave. So a few blocks southwest of Wynwood where it starts to revert back to old school Overtown reallll quick.

Advertisement
Hmm let’s see let’s mix alchohol, young testosterone raging dumb asses, and scantily clad college *******. And let’s let them party all day and night long for a week. What could go wrong?

Slap and tickle? A couple weeks ago a guy shot a person on the Beach. Get with it and read a little.

Didn’t know about any shooting.

All I’ve seen was a couple of videos of guys wild swinging against each other.

Anyway, I’m not condoning any kind of violence. As far as I’m concerned spring break adds nothing but negatives to the scene down here. I was just trying to point out that where you are makes a difference as far as the type of violent crime that can suddenly turn fatal.

Yea, Stunting in Miami is a contact sport! Wait until the Super Bowl next year. It's going to be open season! Prayers to the kid. That's a parents worst nightmare, and hope they catch them. Some of those vids coming out of Spring Break was wild. We partied for spring break, but that was chit was crazy, and these kids are suppose to be in College.
Stunting? Them boys D2

With the ammount of alcohol involved it’s amazing it doesn’t happen more. The local pd at the beach puts up with a lot of bs. The locals know where to go and how to avoid this bs. The biggest threat is getting trick rolled. Huge problem still.
Dudes get honeydicked then find themselves getting robbed in a parking lot or in an alley cause some chick said she was down to smash only to have dudes wetting to take your shine.
On a more dark humor note. Miami was at its best when the crime and murder rate was scary high.
So we byke?

Advertisement
I would feel worse for people that didn't put themselves in a situation like this.

Advertisement
Smh this will be used against us in recruiting

I'd go the opposite route and say the hundreds of thousands of kids from all over the country on the beaches down here in March only helps recruiting as their high school age siblings hear about partying in Miami.

Sure, some fraud corch could bring up 2 div II players getting randomly shot in the City of Miami to mama but I'll take the former as resonating more with your average teenager.

Some level of chaos is expected with any Spring Break but South Beach has been abnormally wild this year. It's never been this bad.

Every spring break destination goes through this process where it simply becomes too much to handle and changes have to be made. When I was in college Daytona was the spot until a guy got shot/killed on the strip. The very next year the city made it real uncomfortable for spring breakers and eventually people stopped coming. That's when Panama City Beach took off. (and now they're going through that same process)

When this happens, the kids find elsewhere to go. This year it appears that South Beach and (believe it or not) Fort Lauderdale have taken steam from PCB and Daytona. I was on Lauderdale Beach recently and it's the busiest Spring Break I've seen in a very long time. South Beach seems to attract more of the thugs though, while Lauderdale has actual college students.

i've seen some of the clips from the activities down on the beach...the city needs to end this event asap.

It's not an "event" that can be ended - it's just a bunch of people who decide to come to the beach at the same time. Pointless to even try. I'm pretty sure the Beach has made it clear it doesn't want this for a number of years, but people keep coming anyway.

i know my history and im talking about SFL in general. people will continue to visit the entire area regardless esp with MMW and Ultra.

also if you guys are *****ing about the last few weeks, wait until ultra descends upon Key biscayne in a few weeks

For those of us not in the know, or down in SFL currently, what’s MMW or Ultra?

Advertisement
Back