Texas a & m football players robbed and shot

People have NEVER seen anything similar to what ultra is gonna be like in key biscayne. Tons of people going on boats and water taxis,jet skis etc. But ur average ultra fan cant do that. 2 lanes each way for hundreds of thousands of people. Gaurentee key biscayne is a one time thing. Residents are already nuts over this. **** near better leave the day before ur pass is.

i agree. its an awful location for it. there's gonna be thousands of people walking it across lol. i was fine with it in DT and actually liked it there. the only other option, which takes away from the allure (imo), is to do it at hard rock like rolling loud, but i think they have construction going on now.

Advertisement
USC is in the hood and they have no problem recruiting.

Matter of fact, an Oakland Councilwoman's son was just murdered a couple of blocks from USC campus in an attempted robbery that went bad. SC is trying to damnest to gentrify that area, buying up all abandoned buildings and offering big money for home owner's nearby, but the hood is still trying to eat off the student's expense. I forsee that area not being the hood too much longer, honestly. Most of the hoods around there have already been displaced w/ only remnants around.

Last edited:
i agree. its an awful location for it. there's gonna be thousands of people walking it across lol. i was fine with it in DT and actually liked it there. the only other option, which takes away from the allure (imo), is to do it at hard rock like rolling loud, but i think they have construction going on now.
I could see that if u mean main stage inside the stadium & parking lot for other stages. Otherwise it's too big for hard rock. Knowing them the way I do though I got a feeling they wouldnt pay for hard rock. I can only imagine the insurance spike too. Probably couldnt get it insured. Thing with rolling loud now is its corporate. I forget the jits name that started it but he sold to live nation just before this years show. Cause he wanted to do the same as ultra with making it a global event. That's a whole lot of money required for that. Honestly I think the only place ultra makes sense is either downtown or homestead and no one likes the headaches that come along with homestead especially the distance from any other attraction. When the permit got pulled for downtown that pretty much sealed ultras fate I hate to say.

Some level of chaos is expected with any Spring Break but South Beach has been abnormally wild this year. It's never been this bad.

Every spring break destination goes through this process where it simply becomes too much to handle and changes have to be made. When I was in college Daytona was the spot until a guy got shot/killed on the strip. The very next year the city made it real uncomfortable for spring breakers and eventually people stopped coming. That's when Panama City Beach took off. (and now they're going through that same process)

When this happens, the kids find elsewhere to go. This year it appears that South Beach and (believe it or not) Fort Lauderdale have taken steam from PCB and Daytona. I was on Lauderdale Beach recently and it's the busiest Spring Break I've seen in a very long time. South Beach seems to attract more of the thugs though, while Lauderdale has actual college students.
Back when cam recorders came with the vhs tape you can pop in and out, me and my cousin would sneak into my uncle’s room and watch all his recordings of him and his friends in Daytona. He had about 20 tapes of nothing but chicks on the stip half naked coochie popping on demand. We were 8-9 yrs old and was thinking the was the life lol

Advertisement
According to the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association), recreational boating contributes an estimated $170.3 Billion to the US economy annually with Florida being the top grossing state at $23.3 billion. People with lots of money love boats and boats love lots of money.

Winner winner chicken dinner

I could see that if u mean main stage inside the stadium & parking lot for other stages. Otherwise it's too big for hard rock. Knowing them the way I do though I got a feeling they wouldnt pay for hard rock. I can only imagine the insurance spike too. Probably couldnt get it insured. Thing with rolling loud now is its corporate. I forget the jits name that started it but he sold to live nation just before this years show. Cause he wanted to do the same as ultra with making it a global event. That's a whole lot of money required for that. Honestly I think the only place ultra makes sense is either downtown or homestead and no one likes the headaches that come along with homestead especially the distance from any other attraction. When the permit got pulled for downtown that pretty much sealed ultras fate I hate to say.

thanks for the insight. id agree with you, as well. I'm too old for ultra now, but it was a cool event and the DT venue is awesome. homestead is intriguing, but distance is a big issue

People have NEVER seen anything similar to what ultra is gonna be like in key biscayne. Tons of people going on boats and water taxis,jet skis etc. But ur average ultra fan cant do that. 2 lanes each way for hundreds of thousands of people. Gaurentee key biscayne is a one time thing. Residents are already nuts over this. **** near better leave the day before ur pass is.

They moved to Key Biscayne? Are they trying to see if they can top FyreFest?

This was last year with axwell & wes. I've had my fill. I'm too old too. Lol

Advertisement
SHT happens here during Mardi Gras.

I hate to say it but it seems to be the way the world has progressed today.Put a group of people together to have a good time and all it takes is a couple of ******** that want to show how tough they are and all **** breaks loose.

Hotels are 800/ night, tickets are 400-2k+, and the price of molly goes over 100$...it’s a wet dream for drug dealers, hotel owners, and everyone in between
****, couple buddies I played ball with out in Kansas wanted me to go with them to see Lynyrd Skynyrd in March 1975 at Miami Marine Park. Was only home for less then a week with the 36 hour drive, decided to spend it with my GF on the west coast - bad decision. Think it was the next spring I saw the Beach Boys in Lauderdale - it was the first concert Brian Wilson was back for after a couple years. We met at a pre-arranged gate after the concert, said goodbye to the chicks, got in the car and drove staright back to Dodge City.

Advertisement
Just like Fort Lauderdale did when I was running corprate yachts in the 90s.

They had that one spring break where balcony jumping between parties was all the rage - I want to say like 6 kids died. The city fathers put a screaching halt to spring break after that - one way beach loop and got the word out the next year, college kids werent welcome. They patrolled the **** out of the beach during that next spring break busting kids dumb enough who showed up like they weren't serious, for anything they could find.

Then Daytona and MTV jumped in.

Some historical perspective of how entrenched Lauderdale was in Spring Break Lore, and they changed in a wink of an eye. Watch this trailer.

Brings back memories :)

Advertisement
[QUOTE

It’s a big deal down here. all kinds of music and parties and events. People from all over the world come here. It’s like Spring break on steroids.
If you want a hint on what it’s like just try renting a hotel room on the beach or anywhere near. Prices are ridiculous and probably impossible to get. Mf’ers paying over 800/night. I know a hotel manager and say people even pay in cash.
CAPITALISM ummmmm humm

According to the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association), recreational boating contributes an estimated $170.3 Billion to the US economy annually with Florida being the top grossing state at $23.3 billion. People with lots of money love boats and boats love lots of money.
My folks pops loves his boat. I mean more than his house! I agree with this statement and my experience he will talk your ear off about a boat.

Some level of chaos is expected with any Spring Break but South Beach has been abnormally wild this year. It's never been this bad.

Every spring break destination goes through this process where it simply becomes too much to handle and changes have to be made. When I was in college Daytona was the spot until a guy got shot/killed on the strip. The very next year the city made it real uncomfortable for spring breakers and eventually people stopped coming. That's when Panama City Beach took off. (and now they're going through that same process)

When this happens, the kids find elsewhere to go. This year it appears that South Beach and (believe it or not) Fort Lauderdale have taken steam from PCB and Daytona. I was on Lauderdale Beach recently and it's the busiest Spring Break I've seen in a very long time. South Beach seems to attract more of the thugs though, while Lauderdale has actual college students.
Daytona cracked down on spring breakers years ago.

Advertisement
Back