TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laspadas is up there now? So good.

The family sold the Laspadas in South Florida and moved to Central Florida.

“They have a bakery here in Florida and so we get them fresh every day, not frozen. It’s a great product,” says John LaSpada, Vincent’s dad, a Chester, Pennsylvania native and the man who brought his grandfather’s hoagies to Florida back in the ’70s.

“I was 23 and my wife, Mary, was 19 when we opened LaSpada’s in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea,” he tells me. LaSpada, 71, sold it to another family when he moved his to Central Florida, but it’s still operating. “They moved it across the street to a larger location because the store was so busy.”

Advertisement
This is going to be controversial but Laspada's is mediocre at best. I have yet to find a sandwich/sub/grinder shop that is close to the quality of those up north.

The Laspada family no longer owns the location in SoFla. They moved to Orlando.

The family sold the Laspadas in South Florida and moved to Central Florida.

“They have a bakery here in Florida and so we get them fresh every day, not frozen. It’s a great product,” says John LaSpada, Vincent’s dad, a Chester, Pennsylvania native and the man who brought his grandfather’s hoagies to Florida back in the ’70s.

“I was 23 and my wife, Mary, was 19 when we opened LaSpada’s in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea,” he tells me. LaSpada, 71, sold it to another family when he moved his to Central Florida, but it’s still operating. “They moved it across the street to a larger location because the store was so busy.”
I had no idea. One man’s loss is another’s gain.

Advertisement
Burritohoriz-97c3965a3d1d4c238354769fa09c1f6f.jpg

Advertisement
Anyone ever tried any Squid Lips?
When I was down in Melbourne, I was recommended that place. Pretty **** good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back