TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we even take this guy? Schools seem to be passing on him left and right. Starting to get a bit worrisome in my opinion.
I'm not exactly wild on bringing him in. When you have every single SEC school taking a pass, that tells you what you need to know. Yes, we need an influx of talent in a bad way. But we also don't have the strongest leadership in our locker room as well. This has potential to hurt us more rather than serve as a gain. I'd love to be wrong though.

Advertisement
With T2, I think the question/solution is simple. If you put him and JW in a room, who is the alpha? Who’s following the others lead. If T2 wants to go hit a lick, does JW join in? Or if JW says let’s go workout instead, does T2 follow? Who is the bigger influencer of the 2?

People with his personality rarely, if ever, change. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but it’s the exception rather than the rule and usually happens later in life.

Risk vs reward. Is it worth the risk of taking him and he becomes a distraction in the locker room?

And if he keeps ******** around, he could be on the outside looking in.

People with his personality rarely, if ever, change. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but it’s the exception rather than the rule and usually happens later in life.

Risk vs reward. Is it worth the risk of taking him and he becomes a distraction in the locker room?

And if he keeps ******** around, he could be on the outside looking in.

I am not talking about the kid specifically because I, like 99.99% of the people here don't know him, but if you had pigeon-holed me for the rest of my life based on what I was at 17... lord have mercy. Still just a kid, and maybe he just needs some role models, peer pressure, and organization/structure. It's why evaluations are so tough, especially in this age of limited counters.

The only you thing I’ve mentioned on loi’s is in reference to somebody saying he didn’t receive any. He did receive , I never said if he signed with anyone.
Are you saying you believe he got one from Miami?

Advertisement
From Maryland insider:

Things have been relatively quiet late this week on Terrence Lewis, the five-star linebacker from Miami. A few quick nuggets:

• It still appears that Lewis did not secretly sign with anyone last week, as was his original plan.
  • Tennessee still believes it's out of it. The Vols, of course, were the other school he listed along with Maryland in his final two.
  • Auburn's hiring of Brian Harsin could benefit Maryland. A source said Lewis was more likely to go to Auburn if Steele was hired. But it remains to be seen if they'll retain assist coaches Larry Porter and Travis Williams, who were recruiting him. If they're not retained, that would be beneficial for Maryland.
  • His hometown school, Miami, has been conspicuous by its absence in his recruitment -- until Thursday, when he said in an Instagram Live that the Hurricanes were in his top two with Maryland. It's been a wild ride, but for whatever it's worth, Maryland has been included in his list every time, while the other schools have alternated.
  • A source familiar with Miami's recruiting said earlier in the day, before the video, that he didn't think Miami was seriously recruiting him, and that the Canes are tight on scholarships and focused on transfers.
  • As for where he's going, we might not know until he makes his nationally televised announcement on Jan. 2. "Lots of people in his ear," a source said. When asked if Maryland and Miami are likely to be the real final two? "I don't think so."
In other words, no one ones where Lewis will end up -- maybe even Lewis himself. I'll share any new info as I get it.
That sounds like the updates we would get on guys we missed. Miami lock now lol

With T2, I think the question/solution is simple. If you put him and JW in a room, who is the alpha? Who’s following the others lead. If T2 wants to go hit a lick, does JW join in? Or if JW says let’s go workout instead, does T2 follow? Who is the bigger influencer of the 2?
A few days ago one of our posters who seems to be connected made a post. He said T2 wasn’t hard or” thug-like” just full of drama. His words were JW would slap T2 around. JW was described as a heartless badass ****.

A few days ago one of our posters who seems to be connected made a post. He said T2 wasn’t hard or” thug-like” just full of drama. His words were JW would slap T2 around. JW was described as a heartless badass ****.
I remember that post, but if I remember correctly it was Avantae Williams he was referring to, not James Williams.

Advertisement
Personally, I would think if he signed with someone, it would be **** near impossible to keep it a secret this long.

Birds always chirp.....
Let’s think with some logic here. UM didn’t get either of the two guys they left spots open for at CB/DT. We haven’t heard anything about the USC LB. T2s father said he didn’t have an offer and UM was waiting because the class was almost full. The class would be full because we obviously want a portal spot depending on what guys did at DE and may do at QB. There’s 3 spots now open. There’s room now. In a nutshell, nothing would surprise me.
We sent an LOI to him.. and we know even though he was butthurt he wants to be a Cane. The other choice (Maryland) cannot compare to Miami. If we want him, he is ours.

We sent an LOI to him.. and we know even though he was butthurt he wants to be a Cane. The other choice (Maryland) cannot compare to Miami. If we want him, he is ours.
Can’t tell if he wants to be a Cane but it’s painfully obvious he does NOT want to be a Terrapin or a Vol. Seems like he’s waiting for an offer from a big SEC school that is never going to come.

Advertisement
Lol at hitting a lick. C’mon bro neither of these kids are doing that. T2 obviously a workout warrior. You don’t look like this kids does while sitting on your a$$. But being a gym rat don’t make you an alpha. I think he would follow Williams for sure. Even though outside influences can get to a kid like t2.

Advertisement
JW is the alpha no matter who’s in the room.

I am not talking about the kid specifically because I, like 99.99% of the people here don't know him, but if you had pigeon-holed me for the rest of my life based on what I was at 17... lord have mercy. Still just a kid, and maybe he just needs some role models, peer pressure, and organization/structure. It's why evaluations are so tough, especially in this age of limited counters.
No doubt that good influences and peer pressure can have a profound affect. Thankfully, I’m not the person I was at that age either. There were many people that had influences on who I am today - good and bad. I was receptive to the influence/s and made change/s that Made me a better person. I hope he is receptive to good influences as well not just as a football player, but as a man.

This has pretty much been the deal.
At the end of the day you have to take this kid. He won’t make it anywhere else. But that’s not why you take him. You take him because his parents will be nearby and can work with you to keep him in line. His friends are here to do the same. Out on his own in another state he has no chance. Give him a chance lol. We have no talent at LB we cannot let this kid walk and then say I told you so when he fails out of state knowing he would have his best chance right here. And he a beast! From his IG looks like he has a daughter down here as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back