TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather get the USC transfer before Lewis.
There’s contact I just don’t know if there’s space. They want one more hs kid and a few portal kids. We’ve discussed the two positions they’re eyeing. Maybe when the decision is made by the NCAA they’ll push. If he doesn’t make a decision very soon maybe that’s what’s happening.

Rumor is the ic’s could go up in the five range .

Advertisement
Advertisement
The mom was not on the first visit, only the dad.

The mom was on the second visit.

Understand. Again, I'm curious how a family who has lived in LOS ******* ANGELES for a long time can be so turned off by one or two random bad experiences in another big city.

Hey, maybe there are valid examples of what was experienced. A police report that has not yet been released. A Publix employee who assumed they spoke Spanish because their name was Garcia. Who knows.

It just seems strange, that's all.

I can guarantee you this, there is a much greater likelihood that a traveling family of Garcias will be treated poorly in Arkansas.

Advertisement
Understand. Again, I'm curious how a family who has lived in LOS ******* ANGELES for a long time can be so turned off by one or two random bad experiences in another big city.

Hey, maybe there are valid examples of what was experienced. A police report that has not yet been released. A Publix employee who assumed they spoke Spanish because their name was Garcia. Who knows.

It just seems strange, that's all.

I can guarantee you this, there is a much greater likelihood that a traveling family of Garcias will be treated poorly in Arkansas.
There’s a reason I always said I didn’t trust his dad. He was trying right up to the last 24 hours lol. Ark sold him on starting as a true Fr.

Advertisement
You can’t sign when no one sends you a LOI

I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

With all due respect to T2, but if he doesn't have any LOIs in his possession, he needs to drop the prideful routine and find a place close to home where he can continue to grow up and become a man.

I cannot imagine where I'd be now if I had ONLY submitted applications to Ivy League schools, while acting like UM and UiF were somehow beneath me. I had to be realistic, there was no way in **** I would have ever been able to pay for an Ivy League school (at least back in the 1980s). And UM and UiF offered me scholarship money.

I'm definitely rooting for this kid to get his life together. Some of the lessons you learn in life are difficult and require great humility.

I’ve heard rumors the mom wasn’t big on the visit but I don’t get involved with that bs. It always seemed we were the safety net. Like we’re always waiting for the cuter chick to walk by.

Riiight. Makes perfect sense.

We have a couple of kids like Phillips and Bolden who have made a seamless transition from LA to Miami. One of my closest (former) work associates went to USC and worked in Florida for a long time (he's now back in LA). I'm not just hypothesizing about some of the similarities between SoCal and SoFla, I understand them.

If this was a Fortay situation, I could see the Garcias only picking Miami once all the other options went away. Which is strange for a Top 100 kid, you would think there would ALWAYS be options for a kid ranked that high.

****, the Gaytors would have loaded Jalen Kitna into a 55-gallon drum and dumped him into the Okefenokee Swamp just to raise their recruiting class ranking.

Riiight. Makes perfect sense.

We have a couple of kids like Phillips and Bolden who have made a seamless transition from LA to Miami. One of my closest (former) work associates went to USC and worked in Florida for a long time (he's now back in LA). I'm not just hypothesizing about some of the similarities between SoCal and SoFla, I understand them.

If this was a Fortay situation, I could see the Garcias only picking Miami once all the other options went away. Which is strange for a Top 100 kid, you would think there would ALWAYS be options for a kid ranked that high.

****, the Gaytors would have loaded Jalen Kitna into a 55-gallon drum and dumped him into the Okefenokee Swamp just to raise their recruiting class ranking.
I’m thinking the dad and the whole dynamic rubbed some schools wrong.

Advertisement

With all due respect to T2, but if he doesn't have any LOIs in his possession, he needs to drop the prideful routine and find a place close to home where he can continue to grow up and become a man.

I cannot imagine where I'd be now if I had ONLY submitted applications to Ivy League schools, while acting like UM and UiF were somehow beneath me. I had to be realistic, there was no way in **** I would have ever been able to pay for an Ivy League school (at least back in the 1980s). And UM and UiF offered me scholarship money.

I'm definitely rooting for this kid to get his life together. Some of the lessons you learn in life are difficult and require great humility.
I actually knew some kids at FAMU who were on waiting lists at other schools but tuitions, books, and housing were paid for. Also received a monthly stipend depending on their degree program. One kid (from Cali), I remember talking to while we were freshman waiting for our university IDs, applied and got accepted to Cal but received little to know assistance but FAMU through the bank at him.

I know for myself the Navy offered me a full paid scholarship to attend FAMU, and there was no way I was turning that down. Lol Even though there were other Navy ROTCs in the state I could have “walked on” and competed for a national scholarship for.

This has been one of the craziest recruitments I’ve seen. I always said nothing would surprise me. Even our staff and the relationship with the kid is weird. I stand by my comments from a few weeks ago “ I wouldn’t be shocked if he signed a Miami Loi or wiped his butt with a Miami loi”.

The staff has handled this like the hot girl you want but know she’s trouble and will end up keying your car and burning your clothes. But **** dat *** is phat.

I actually knew some kids at FAMU who were on waiting lists at other schools but tuitions, books, and housing were paid for. Also received a monthly stipend depending on their degree program. One kid (from Cali), I remember talking to while we were freshman waiting for our university IDs, applied and got accepted to Cal but received little to know assistance but FAMU through the bank at him.

I know for myself the Navy offered me a full paid scholarship to attend FAMU, and there was no way I was turning that down. Lol Even though there were other Navy ROTCs in the state I could have “walked on” and competed for a national scholarship for.

Yes.

In retrospect, the ONE THING that I "did wrong" when I was young was not accepting any of the offers I had for ROTC scholarships. With the military cutbacks in the late 80s and early 90s, I would not have been forced to remain an Engineering major, and I probably would not have had to serve my 4-6 years in the military either. And I would have had a full-ride to just about any university in the country.

If I had it to do all over again...oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back