TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Definitely taking the under myself. Last I spoke to him was couple months back. But I know he's interested. The reason I don't think it happens is I just think he's got too strong of a personality. I think the coaches and the kids would be intimidated by his intensity... Sad that would keep us from a kid this talented. But that's just my take. Simply an opinion.
What did you just say? Intimidated by his personality? Good. We need somebody to run over to Wiggins and Pope and be like “Aye yoo y’all so trash Mount trashmore is jealous of you” wtf is this? Who doesn’t want to coach alphas?

Take this kid and give him a short leash if he really wants in. At the end of the day he’s still 17 he can change
Staff needs to grow some balls and know how to handle a kid. Like if u are an average fan and came here and read about T2 u would think he murdered someone. He's a kid about to be an adult and probably easy af to handle.

Advertisement
Definitely taking the under myself. Last I spoke to him was couple months back. But I know he's interested. The reason I don't think it happens is I just think he's got too strong of a personality. I think the coaches and the kids would be intimidated by his intensity... Sad that would keep us from a kid this talented. But that's just my take. Simply an opinion.
Jimbo recruited a bunch of kids he couldn’t handle. Manny has handled goons in the past just fine. His TE Coach is a former goon himself. This is nonsense. The concern isn’t whether the staff can handle his personality; it’s whether we are filling a position room with a bunch of young, reckless hot heads. He’s a take in my book, but that’s what it boils down to imo.

You absolutely recruit Lewis and take him. If you have to drop someone you do it. No matter what anyone says, perception matters. Having 3 5* players in a class makes a statement to all the future recruits that we are a 5* destination again. I know winning on the field matters etc, but don’t underestimate the impact of the national perspective/narrative that The U is swimming with the big fish landing 3 5* recruits.

Sad af to hear the part about them being intimidated.....that's real bad man. This the U bruh and we got a staff.......let me not say anymore. I'll wait till this staff runs its course eventually. **** like this gives me no hope in this staff long term.

Advertisement
Saying they want high IQ over super athletic guys that fly is so anti miami.
That’s not really fair to Miami’s past. Guys like Barrow, Lewis, Clark, Vilma, D Dub, Bennie Blades, Reed et al, they were tough, tough athletes who also understood their positions, had instincts, made plays and a nose for the ball. Irvin, L. Thomas, Copeland, they weren’t the fastest out there,, but same thing on O, tough, football instincts, playmaking, nose for the ball. The idea we were supposed to be raw savages ... that’s not what built Miami. If anything, it was what led us astray. We got so spoiled by Butch’s evals that we started to bias recruiting towards measurables too far. Guys like T Gooden, Spencer Adkins were camp stars and good players, but not instinctive football players like Darren Smith or Jessie Armstead or Winston Moss or DJ Williams.

We lost sight of what mattered, and again, it’s evals. What you can’t measure matters more than what you can. You need a staff that understands what to look for, or you won’t succeed in cfb with as much turnover as there is year to year.

Again, it’s not ‘football iq.’ That’s a slogan. It varies by position. You need table stakes athletically, then differentiate with ability. The guys who have both will go nfl, but cfb is full of kids who measure well but don’t tramslate. We don’t need more of that, and it ain’t all about ‘development.’

Jimbo recruited a bunch of kids he couldn’t handle. Manny has handled goons in the past just fine. His TE Coach is a former goon himself. This is nonsense. The concern isn’t whether the staff can handle his personality; it’s whether we are filling a position room with a bunch of young, reckless hot heads. He’s a take in my book, but that’s what it boils down to imo.
Bruh dds connected bruh he ain't making **** up. Listen to that man. If it were anyone else I would call BS but not my man dd.....he ain't about the cap life.

That’s not really fair to Miami’s past. Guys like Barrow, Lewis, Clark, Vilma, D Dub, Bennie Blades, Reed et al, they were tough, tough athletes who also understood their positions, had instincts, made plays and a nose for the ball. Irvin, L. Thomas, Copeland, they weren’t the fastest out there,, but same thing on O, tough, football instincts, playmaking, nose for the ball. The idea we were supposed to be raw savages ... that’s not what built Miami. If anything, it was what led us astray. We got so spoiled by Butch’s evals that we started to bias recruiting towards measurables too far. Guys like T Gooden, Spencer Adkins were camp stars and good players, but not instinctive football players like Darren Smith or Jessie Armstead or Winston Moss.

We lost sight of what mattered, and again, it’s evals. What you can’t measure matters more than what you can. You need a staff that understands what to look for, or you won’t succeed in cfb with as much turnover as there is year to year.

Again, it’s not ‘football iq.’ That’s a slogan. It varies by position. You need table stakes athletically, then differentiate with ability. The guys who have both will go nfl, but cfb is full of kids who measure well but don’t tramslate. We don’t need more of that, and it ain’t all about ‘development.’
U know me I'm exaggerating I know we had smart guys that were super talented. When I hear IQ I feel like it's an excuse not to recruit a stud....they assume the stud doesn't have iq but he has both talent and iq.

Advertisement
Sad af to hear the part about them being intimidated.....that's real bad man. This the U bruh and we got a staff.......let me not say anymore. I'll wait till this staff runs its course eventually. **** like this gives me no hope in this staff long term.
Yep. If a talented kid is too intense for this program, then maybe a mirror is needed in the staff office.

U know me I'm exaggerating I know we had smart guys that were super talented. When I hear IQ I feel like it's an excuse not to recruit a stud....they assume the stud doesn't have iq but he has both talent and iq.
I know you man we always agree it seems. I just think people get mixed up with this ‘iq’ isht. It’s instincts. We haven’t had enough guys who have real football instincts in ages.

I also think the awful depth and roster woes of the past 15 years have harmed the development of talent because guys don’t go up against enough game in practice, and no matter who you are, it’s hard to push yourself to the limit if you don’t have guys across from you and behind you tryna tale your lunch.

Yep. If a talented kid is too intense for this program, then maybe a mirror is needed in the staff office.
Ole dude was out here year one saying people will get beat by Miami. Rah rah rah....staff a bunch of rah rah guys. Talkers.....it reminds me of that Asian dude in batman talking through the tv. Joker knew they were squealers and talkers......smh man. Going to be a long two to three years.

Advertisement
Ole dude was out here year one saying people will get beat by Miami. Rah rah rah....staff a bunch of rah rah guys. Talkers.....it reminds me of that Asian dude in batman talking through the tv. Joker knew they were squealers and talkers......smh man. Going to be a long two to three years.
It’s like our staph couldn’t win at wheel of fortune if you gave them 15 consonants and all the vowels.

when you find a kid who’s too intense for your program, you sign him and all those kids who can’t hang, cya. that’s how you progress. Turning the kid down to preserve your fragile egos and culture of mediocrity, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back