TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've convinced us all. We should just use all 25 ICs each year on kids who can give us 1-3 years. Brilliant.

Hey, how many ICs do we have to use on transfers this year? Besides the Jarrid Williams blueshirt IC?

Are you responding to a different post? Not sure what this is about.

Advertisement
Said it in another thread, I want Brooks, Huff, and even TAC in vs Clemson. We need speed or were going to be wayching Lawerence and Etienne run wild. **** expirience if your not fast enough to get where you need to be.

Speed only works if it is pointed in the right direction. If the kids aren't going to get worked by misdirection plays then I am all for it but they won't do us any good running really fast in the wrong direction.

I am as skeptical as anybody about our LB talent and coaching but I am not on team throw the fast guys out there because they have to be better. LB is not a position that can be played by virtue of skill alone. To be a quality LB you have to be smart and physical first. Only once you have those two skills does speed become an asset.

flagg is a baller, just playing slower than he will once he gets the system down. You don't stack his type of HS stats in Texas football without being a player
we shall see sir and HS stats dont mean anything to me. U dont rush for that many yards let alone in SFLA (Yearby) and turn fast in college. And sfla is better then texas football lets be real here. So HS doesnt mean **** u evaluate the prospect based on the eyeballs and potential, its questionable when none of those big 12 squads give u a pass especially Herman and Jimbo so ill stick to what my eyes see.

Yes I've rewatched the game too and all of fswhoos big plays are csz our outside linebackers get beat the edge really doesnt make sense especially seeing as they are closest to the sideline while it was mccloud 90% of the the other 10 was Jennings. I understand why huff hasn't seen the field as he had a short time to learn our playbook after late qualifying last year and covid this year but Jennings and mccloud could lead to us getting blown out vs clemson. Even with mcclouds experience frierson was constantly having to get him to shift and realign so idk. Hopefully we see them
Yea Clemson speed will get to the edge on a regular

Why is it so hard to understand that you can’t have corner backs at every position on defense. I explicitly remember getting our *** smacked by FSU years ago, and I’m looking at their team thinking their DBs looked like our LBs. Their LBs looked like our DE and their DE looked like our DT. I get the fact that you want as much speed on the field at all times, but there’s an answer to the questions you are asking. Our staff doesn’t want someone who is going to get in lost in the shuffle near the LOS. It’s the exact reason we dropped Aundre Kearney and swapped him for Bradley Jennings in that class in the first place.
so your saying u cant move around James Williams cause of his lankyness? The best linebackers in the nfl different now its not the same game especially with these offenses now.

Advertisement
And sfla is better then texas football lets be real here.

Oh boy, hoping Swagger sees this.

When you talk about SFL being better than an entire state, I'm not sure about that as far as teams go. Athlete wise, I would give S FL the edge for sure, but the top teams in TX would run a train on all but a handful of teams at most. I'm not going to even count STA either, that's a mercenary squad, not a team. Coaching is also much better with advanced systems in that state.

Oh boy, hoping Swagger sees this.

When you talk about SFL being better than an entire state, I'm not sure about that as far as teams go. Athlete wise, I would give S FL the edge for sure, but the top teams in TX would run a train on all but a handful of teams at most. I'm not going to even count STA either, that's a mercenary squad, not a team. Coaching is also much better with advanced systems in that state.

I'm sure this will be well received :)

P.S. I agree

The challenge with Williams and Smith is that they are both so good near the line of scrimmage that it is tempting to play them up and not back. The challenge with these 2 will be how to use them most efficiently as they are both sufficiently talented to play 3-4 different positions. Which is ultimately a fantastic problem to have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Another vague "insider".

X does have connections and is usually pretty spot on about stuff. I mean, even wiltfong that people here salivate over gets ish wrong, no one bats 100% and no one comes out and says exactly what they know over risk of losing their "source" nature of the beast.

I believe @MiamiChris will also vouch for him, he is not one to just throw ish against the wall, he knows his stuff.

so your saying u cant move around James Williams cause of his lankyness? The best linebackers in the nfl different now its not the same game especially with these offenses now.
Bro your talking about a top 10 player in the country... no one has a defense full of James Williams. You have to build an entire roster, and unfortunately we can’t just can’t just “create a player” for every roster spot.

Players like James Williams only come around every so often, that wasn’t a great point.

We hardly play 3 LBs, but yes. I want the young guys in over the vets that havent proved ****. Give me the guys that have the physical ability to cause problems over guys that havent flashed any ability since theyve been here. Do you really want Jennings and Mccloud chasing Etienne and Lawerence around the field? Give me the young WR’s over Pope and Harley also. Idgaf how much experience they have, if theyve only proven that there not starting material. We see young players make impacts on other big time teams every year.
Against the # offensive team in football. Lawrence will expose them worse than he will do to McCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back