TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF this plays out with T2 you don't drop ANYONE right now because of a verbal. You sort this out in December. Every other school trying to get Elite level talent would do the same. Not sure who should be on the list nor do I care to guess, but it will play out the way it should.

Advertisement
Good DT but I like Collins and Taylor better. Do we really need 3 DTs this class?
Respect your opinion but I take h
There just highlight tapes... They are designed to make everyone look good
Respect your opinion but no way I'm taking Collins over Haye! Take another look at both their get-offs you can't teach that...

Advertisement
In my OPINION, here is the BEST CASE scenario, and I have put it in a ROUGH priority order:

QB - King decides to stay. If Perry also stays, you don't have to take a HS QB so badly, and you could take a portal player. HOPEFULLY, the NCAA will un-stuck the Portal and allow Division I-A programs to take one transfer IN for every transfer OUT, maybe up to 5 players. That's up to 600 kids worth of movement. I'd be OK with using one of our remaining ICs for a HS QB, but I'd much prefer to not use an IC on this position this year, as long as we don't sacrifice depth.

CB - Markevious King chooses UM...AND...we pay $300K to get Marshall back. I'd be OK with using our two remaining ICs for blue-chip cornerbacks.

RB - everyone stays healthy, Franklin plays well as a true freshman, other multi-position players fill in, our QB also gets some good yardage. I'd be OK with NOT taking a second RB.

LB - IF IF IF we could get IC relief for transfers, and Jarrid Williams doesn't have to count against 2022, I'd prefer to get T2 first, Jennings second. I could only see us using 2 ICs on LBs if we had a combo of "transfer relief" and we get someone to blueshirt, perhaps the younger Borregales if his brother stays (and, yes, I know he might be able to enroll in January, but let's keep an open mind).

DE/DT - unless it's Maason Smith, I can't possibly see how we have the room for more DLs, given that our only two verbals for 2022 are DEs. Or if Savion bolts.

WR - I could only see us having room if Malik Curtis somehow parted ways (no matter whose decision it is), but I don't see this happening at this point.
Thank you!!!

I would love to see King stay.

I am hoping something can be done if Jose stays and little Borregales helps the team out. If Jose goes, then something else will need to be figured out.

At RB, we know Cam is gone. Thad comes in and hopefully Burns stays and then we don’t have to worry about about another RB but it’s still a thin position in terms of Depth.

End of the day, best case scenario is NCAA helping as many programs will have numbers issues.

He's wanted to be here. Was a silent for a minute last year than started base head games on top of domestic situation and we distanced ourselves. But anyone with eyes can see how badly we need an infusion of talent at the position. Now y'all see why those of us that know the game have been saying for two years how bad it's gonna be when shaq and pickney leave. Now people see first hand our fan base is comprised of clueless morons... As we all said shaq deserved so much better than this fan base.
i aint heard base head in a while LOL

we used to say baser neck

Advertisement
Collins is not better than Allan Haye, all he is is physically bigger, but he's not a better pass rusher nor does he have more polished skills.

Dropping Haye would be a huge mistake.
This thread has taught me our fans don't actually watch film. All they're doing is looking at the lowest ranked prospect at a position (Haye at DT & Troutman at LB) and saying we should drop them.

You guys are acting like we're only allowed 25 verbals. Sort it all out afterwards.

Take all the verbals you want, put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner.

I want what HE'S smoking...

Advertisement
Thank you!!!

I would love to see King stay.

I am hoping something can be done if Jose stays and little Borregales helps the team out. If Jose goes, then something else will need to be figured out.

At RB, we know Cam is gone. Thad comes in and hopefully Burns stays and then we don’t have to worry about about another RB but it’s still a thin position in terms of Depth.

End of the day, best case scenario is NCAA helping as many programs will have numbers issues.

Right.

And for all these "take 50 verbals and let God sort it out" dudes, I would agree if EVERYONE was over-accepting verbals. But they aren't. And if Miami is the only school that has to purge a batch of long-time verbals IN THE MIDDLE OF COVID, we are going to take a massive hit on the public-relations/credibility-with-the-HS-coaches side of things.

Kids won't have a lot of recovery time in January. No burning any bridges with over-promises.

Advertisement
This thread has taught me our fans don't actually watch film. All they're doing is looking at the lowest ranked prospect at a position (Haye at DT & Troutman at LB) and saying we should drop them.
The guy saying we should drop Haye is not and has never been a Canes fan. All his posts are super vague, full of questions, and demonstrate no knowledge of our program. There are several trolls on this site who are actually far more subtle.

1601329433861.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back