TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not banning someone for a mere difference of opinion who’s acting normal.

I understand where you are coming from as to character issues. A lot of people have started out saying no way as well. Hitting a woman is not acceptable. I won’t justify it but I am aware of some circumstances which set him off. Again, still not justifiable.

Now, we have a 16 yo kid who made a mistake. My understanding is that he’s not a bad teammate at all. Does a 16 yo get another chance or should he not be allowed to go to college and improve his and his family’s lot in life? By your rationale every college should decline him admission and he should just **** off into the gutter.

Again, I’m not liking the mistake he made but I’m also not looking to throw away the key on a 16 yo young person and hurt his chances of breaking the cycle of poverty. What he does with the opportunity at this point is on him.

1) a scholarship is a privilege. You're violent? you lose out on some privileges.

2) Giving him a scholarship to a top program isn't "getting a second chance". It's sweeping it under the rug and sending the message that there are no consequences for that.

3) still getting a scholarship to a program that is not your favorite isn't exactly "throwing away the key"

4) lol c'mon man. You only give a **** cuz he's a 5* LB. don't pretend like you care about the kids future

5) I've been scratching my head, why in the Nate Dortch and Larry Hope are we not offering a 5* kid in our own backyard. Tons of guys walk through here and never do anything. Why not take a chance on this one? If in fact he beat someone up , you gotta move on. we like to talk about "culture" on here.

Advertisement
Just to use Alabama as an example, in 2015 Nick Saban signed a former Georgia lineman named Jonathan Taylor after he was dismissed from UGA following his arrest for assaulting his girlfriend. Arrested for it, not rumored to have maybe done it. Nick Saban, who famously said, "Where do you want them to be? Guy makes a mistake. Where do you want them to be? Want them to be in the street? Or do you want them to be here, graduating?" after bringing back D.J. Pettway (who was arrested for robbery).

When it comes to signing athletes, the only thing that scares off Nick Saban is a lack of talent. Like it or not, that's true for most winning coaches. I have long suspected that when it comes to T2 there are several coaches in the $EC and other major P5 schools that have concluded the juice isn't worth the squeeze. But that doesn't mean he's a straight criminal.
Then why is Nick Saban or anyone at Baga not even in contact with the #1 LB in the Nation?

Oh just rumors?

If the juice ain’t worth the squeeze, then why the **** do some of you obsess over him?

A couple posters in this thread think everyone is a choir boy....

yikes! Lol maybe y’all should just turn around to this kind of stuff if you don’t think some kids who have come here haven’t been stellar examples

not bashing any of them because their young adults and life is about growing up, maturing, and learning.

This is a joke right?

No, nothing happened, and he is just being slandered and every respectable program backed off the #1 LB in the Nation just b/c of rumors just b/c charges weren’t pressed for who knows what reason...

Let this trash go to a JUCO like last chance U and see what happens...

He can still get an education and a chance...

But IMO and that is all that it is, my opinion...

If you lay hands on a female, you deserve nothing good in life, and deserve to get the living **** kicked out of you...

Not a full ride to the best local private university...

Hate me all you want for it, I don’t give a ****.

By the way, I’m sure what he did might even be much worse than we even think b/c schools that usually take kids with issues and that have hit girls aren’t touching this kid with a 10 ft pole...

And for those saying if he is a problem then he can just transfer don’t realize the new rule that we can only bring in 25 per year so if you miss on evaluation (talent or character) and he transfers, it takes years to make that spot up, and you can’t just replace him with a transfer...

Thank you RVA for not pulling that type of soft ****ery

Go fvck yourself.

The only slander going on here is by you. You give yourself away when you pair the phrase "I'm sure" with "might even be much worse". To be honest and precise, you are not sure of anything.

What you are doing is simple. You are repeating something, over and over and over again, and it is not even truly able to be established as true or false. And as your "evidence", you choose to cite the fact that many schools have backed off of him. Which may just be due to the fact that the kid has changed his mind several times. But, hey, he must be guilty of a crime, right?

But, yeah, your genius idea is that the kid should go to JuCo, which is supposed to be for guys that have academic issues, which he does not. Great plan, that will solve everything...

You've made your point. There is no need for you to keep repeating yourself.

Advertisement
1) a scholarship is a privilege. You're violent? you lose out on some privileges.

2) Giving him a scholarship to a top program isn't "getting a second chance". It's sweeping it under the rug and sending the message that there are no consequences for that.

3) still getting a scholarship to a program that is not your favorite isn't exactly "throwing away the key"

4) lol c'mon man. You only give a **** cuz he's a 5* LB. don't pretend like you care about the kids future

5) I've been scratching my head, why in the Nate Dortch and Larry Hope are we not offering a 5* kid in our own backyard. Tons of guys walk through here and never do anything. Why not take a chance on this one? If in fact he beat someone up , you gotta move on. we like to talk about "culture" on here.

So you post under 2 screen names?

Again, what a kid may or may not have done when he is 16 is different from what he may or may not do as an adult, from the standpoint of criminal prosecution and potential jail time. That is not my opinion, that is just the law.

If, as an adult, he makes a mistake comparable to any that he may or may not have made as a juvenile, I have no problems with dismissing him.

This is a joke right?

No, nothing happened, and he is just being slandered and every respectable program backed off the #1 LB in the Nation just b/c of rumors just b/c charges weren’t pressed for who knows what reason...

Let this trash go to a JUCO like last chance U and see what happens...

He can still get an education and a chance...

But IMO and that is all that it is, my opinion...

If you lay hands on a female, you deserve nothing good in life, and deserve to get the living **** kicked out of you...

Not a full ride to the best local private university...

Hate me all you want for it, I don’t give a ****.

By the way, I’m sure what he did might even be much worse than we even think b/c schools that usually take kids with issues and that have hit girls aren’t touching this kid with a 10 ft pole...

And for those saying if he is a problem then he can just transfer don’t realize the new rule that we can only bring in 25 per year so if you miss on evaluation (talent or character) and he transfers, it takes years to make that spot up, and you can’t just replace him with a transfer...

Thank you RVA for not pulling that type of soft ****ery
I think most on here agree with you and have said as much. We have also heard from people closer to the situation not to believe all the rumors circulating about him. There was an incident, but we don't know the details. We do know that the school where it apparently happened invited him back. I don't see that happening if the rumors we heard initially are true. I don't trust Manny & Co. with everything, but I do trust they wouldn't let someone be on the team that had serious issues. He's not that kind of coach. At this point we just have to see what happens.

Advertisement
So you post under 2 screen names?

Again, what a kid may or may not have done when he is 16 is different from what he may or may not do as an adult, from the standpoint of criminal prosecution and potential jail time. That is not my opinion, that is just the law.

If, as an adult, he makes a mistake comparable to any that he may or may not have made as a juvenile, I have no problems with dismissing him.
And then we would have a wasted ship we can’t get back for years with the new rule that we can only take 25 per year, so character evaluation is just as important as talent evaluation.

Not to mention his Sr highlights weren’t that impressive...

And then we would have a wasted ship we can’t get back for years with the new rule that we can only take 25 per year, so character evaluation is just as important as talent evaluation.

Not to mention his Sr highlights weren’t that impressive...

You clearly do not understand the scholarship numbers.

Then why is Nick Saban or anyone at Baga not even in contact with the #1 LB in the Nation?

Oh just rumors?

If the juice ain’t worth the squeeze, then why the **** do some of you obsess over him?
Because they signed the #3 & 8 ILB that don't bring any ? with them. When you recruit like them why bother? If they missed out on all the other highly ranked ILB I bet you they recruit T2.

Advertisement
Because they signed the #3 & 8 ILB that don't bring any ? with them. When you recruit like them why bother? If they missed out on all the other highly ranked ILB I bet you they recruit T2.
Ok, then why not any of the other desperate $EC teams trying to catch Baga?

Advertisement

Oh just rumors?

1. Just because a couple of goofy guys at 247/Rivals call him the No. 1 ranked LB does not actually make him the best LB prospect in the nation. Coaches (like Nick Saban) evaluate and offer players on their own, not on what Rivals/247 put out to the world. Corches who offer according to website rankings do not tend to last long (see Larry Coker). Because what we know for certain is that if Nick Saban honestly believed this kid was the best LB in the country, he'd have an Alabama offer. The guy's history tells us so.

2. Yes, until they are substantiated (or at least made a public allegation), they are just rumors. Do you have video of any alleged incident? Witness statements? Even an arrest affidavit? News article? Ex-girlfriend running her mouth on Twitter?? Anything at all??? No. You've got nothing... then, yeah, that's a rumor. People can't even keep the story straight on what this kid supposedly did... Was the purported victim his side piece or his baby momma or a female teacher or what? Was it all of the above? One incident or two or three? People are hanging guilt on a kid for something that it does not appear he has even been formally accused of.

3. Obsessed with T2? From the guy who has posted in this thread over a dozen times in the last 5 hours?? Yeah, miss me with your projecting.

Last edited:
6.0 anyone?

Lol. At least now we are actually talking about T2. Some of us are attributing criminal acts to him, some of us are potentially slandering him, and some of us are talking about a willingness to take him on and give him a second chance regardless, but at least we are actually talking about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back