Terrence Lewis decommits

There
DUDE. NO ONE here knows how to evaluate talent, lol. The 32 NFL GM's in the world and the 32 personnel VP's get to watch every moment of multiple years of ESPN/CBS/FOX/Coaches tape of fully developed 21 and 22 year olds, interview for hours, get the opinions of armies of scouts, work out, test, do background, combine, wonderlics... you name it. And they hit about 50% of the time. Coin flip. You know the hit rate of first round QB's??? It ain't good.

Not picking on you, but if I see one more message board poster talk about how he watched a 16 year old HS kids "film," or reviewed his "tape," or other coach speak from fanboys I am going buy 1000 clown noses and give them out for free at the CIS company picnic. We watch YouTube highlights, brah. At best. The end. While our kids drop mashed potatoes on our heads. And fans make burgers and do people's taxes, and pick up garbage and other stupid regular stuff. Even the people here who know what they are talking about the best, and can make it look good are mostly HS coaches trying their best. Roman can talk circles around probably everyone here, and what does he do for a living?

No offense intended towards anyone btw, I am in the same boat. I'm just the only one willing to admit it lol.

Ah, that felt good. Had been building up for a while. :)
There is always a chance that we have a bunch of NFL level scouts on the board that haven't been discovered by NFL team yet😁

Advertisement
DUDE. NO ONE here knows how to evaluate talent, lol. The 32 NFL GM's in the world and the 32 personnel VP's get to watch every moment of multiple years of ESPN/CBS/FOX/Coaches tape of fully developed 21 and 22 year olds, interview for hours, get the opinions of armies of scouts, work out, test, do background, combine, wonderlics... you name it. And they hit about 50% of the time. Coin flip. You know the hit rate of first round QB's??? It ain't good.

Not picking on you, but if I see one more message board poster talk about how he watched a 16 year old HS kids "film," or reviewed his "tape," or other coach speak from fanboys I am going buy 1000 clown noses and give them out for free at the CIS company picnic. We watch YouTube highlights, brah. At best. The end. While our kids drop mashed potatoes on our heads. And fans make burgers and do people's taxes, and pick up garbage and other stupid regular stuff. Even the people here who know what they are talking about the best, and can make it look good are mostly HS coaches trying their best. Roman can talk circles around probably everyone here, and what does he do for a living?

No offense intended towards anyone btw, I am in the same boat. I'm just the only one willing to admit it lol.

I am not trying to pretend to be a scout or agent, but I am good at being able to see certain attributes and skill sets in players that will translate at the next level.

I never pursued it professionally because music was my gifting, and I have been a professional musician for many years.

There are others on this board like gogeta, Coach Macho, High Seas, Red Square, Dwinstitles that are adept at this, too.

One of the main gripes here on CiS over the years is how people like me or any of the aforementioned can see a high school player should be a priority, and our past coaches, the so called “professionals”, either don’t offer them or slow play them and end up losing them. A great number of these kids end up being great players for other teams.

In this field, having “professional” behind your name only means that you’re getting paid handsomely. But as evidenced by years of poor talent evaluation at the U, that doesn’t mean that someone is good at their job.

I am not trying to pretend to be a scout or agent, but I am good at being able to see certain attributes and skill sets in players that will translate at the next level.

I never pursued it professionally because music was my gifting, and I have been a professional musician for many years.

There are others on this board like gogeta, Coach Macho, High Seas, Red Square, Dwinstitles that are adept at this, too.

One of the main gripes here on CiS over the years is how people like me or any of the aforementioned can see a high school player should be a priority, and our past coaches, the so called “professionals”, either don’t offer them or slow play them and end up losing them. A great number of these kids end up being great players for other teams.

In this field, having “professional” behind your name only means that you’re getting paid handsomely. But as evidenced by years of poor talent evaluation at the U, that doesn’t mean that someone is good at their job.

I liked your response... because I thought it was thoughtful and measured. But as you know I wholeheartedly disagree with it. :)

Advertisement
This must happen. You have helped create a new monster.
@DC3 I went a little Michael Corleone - Godfather in Havana with @Dwinstitles here

D700324E-2AFF-4221-9112-66DDEF4FBA89.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

Well that’s just great

Who the **** am I supposed to agree with then to make it seem like I do?

Advertisement
There’s good lb’s to be had , especially one that will remain nameless until he decides If he’ll transfer. We’ll get a good lb in the portal , T2 is not the end all.
Click your feet if the name rhymes with Bill Standerson

Please tell us you are the lead singer for GWAR.

Advertisement
Back