Terrence Lewis decommits

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like T2 film over Wes but people say Wes is better I dont know why, am I crazy?
I think that athletically and when healthy, T2 is the bigger freak athlete. Would definitely take him in the transfer portal. Lay down the law Pat Riley style. He has rehabilitated a bunch of dudes with bad reps. If he becomes a cancer, you drop him. But he’s too gifted to not take a chance on him.

But all things considered, Wes is an excellent prospect, too. Kid could be special, and is not a headache. He’s an excellent athlete too, and is great in space. Very fast and instinctive player.

Advertisement
I like T2 film over Wes but people say Wes is better I dont know why, am I crazy?

I think they are just different players. T2 more athletic IMO...

Lance watched T2 tape back when we were recruiting him, I like his takes as he is unbiased and said this:

"T2 was not a 5-star player on tape. I actually liked his teammate, #17, better at the position. I told Danny we needed to recruit #17 post haste and he assured me we are.

I watched some full games and at first was wondering what the hype was about, then he had a play where he saw it and WENT and that was almost breathtaking how fast his acceleration was.

Too many times I saw him loafing on tape. Complete jogger for much of the games I watched. He makes me nervous, but it was a new scheme for him this year and I wonder if there was an injury that impacted him, because if not, he has a lazy on-field demeanor that will hold him back."

So you may be looking at highlights of each and T2 HIGHLIGHTS are better than Wes, but Lance usually breaks down game film entirely and he liked #17(Wes but Lance didn;t know his name or if we were recruiting him) better.

Lance watched T2 tape back when we were recruiting him, I like his takes as he is unbiased and said this:

"T2 was not a 5-star player on tape. I actually liked his teammate, #17, better at the position. I told Danny we needed to recruit #17 post haste and he assured me we are.

I watched some full games and at first was wondering what the hype was about, then he had a play where he saw it and WENT and that was almost breathtaking how fast his acceleration was.

Too many times I saw him loafing on tape. Complete jogger for much of the games I watched. He makes me nervous, but it was a new scheme for him this year and I wonder if there was an injury that impacted him, because if not, he has a lazy on-field demeanor that will hold him back."

So you may be looking at highlights of each and T2 HIGHLIGHTS are better than Wes, but Lance usually breaks down game film entirely and he liked #17(Wes but Lance didn;t know his name or if we were recruiting him) better.

I remember @DMoney mentioning last year that Wes was the best LB in the state in 2020! That raised
my eyebrows as T2 was arguably the top player in Florida for the 2020 class.

Advertisement

Yea when T2 goes hard his closing speed is insane. But your breakdown seems probably what is going on with me. I'm looking at the highlights and T2 has his best on there but u guys see the whole game and it's understandable and more believable that Wes is better. Your post makes sense.

Advertisement
Always trust your eyes. That’s the mistake that a lot of posters on CiS make. The film usually does not lie, if you know how to evaluate talent.

DUDE. NO ONE here knows how to evaluate talent, lol. The 32 NFL GM's in the world and the 32 personnel VP's get to watch every moment of multiple years of ESPN/CBS/FOX/Coaches tape of fully developed 21 and 22 year olds, interview for hours, get the opinions of armies of scouts, work out, test, do background, combine, wonderlics... you name it. And they hit about 50% of the time. Coin flip. You know the hit rate of first round QB's??? It ain't good.

Not picking on you, but if I see one more message board poster talk about how he watched a 16 year old HS kids "film," or reviewed his "tape," or other coach speak from fanboys I am going buy 1000 clown noses and give them out for free at the CIS company picnic. We watch YouTube highlights, brah. At best. The end. While our kids drop mashed potatoes on our heads. And fans make burgers and do people's taxes, and pick up garbage and other stupid regular stuff. Even the people here who know what they are talking about the best, and can make it look good are mostly HS coaches trying their best. Roman can talk circles around probably everyone here, and what does he do for a living?

No offense intended towards anyone btw, I am in the same boat. I'm just the only one willing to admit it lol.

Ah, that felt good. Had been building up for a while. :)

DUDE. NO ONE here knows how to evaluate talent, lol. The 32 NFL GM's in the world and the 32 personnel VP's get to watch every moment of multiple years of ESPN/CBS/FOX/Coaches tape of fully developed 21 and 22 year olds, interview for hours, get the opinions of armies of scouts, work out, test, do background, combine, wonderlics... you name it. And they hit about 50% of the time. Coin flip. You know the hit rate of first round QB's??? It ain't good.

Not picking on you, but if I see one more message board poster talk about how he watched a 16 year old HS kids "film," or reviewed his "tape," or other coach speak from fanboys I am going buy 1000 clown noses and give them out for free at the CIS company picnic. We watch YouTube highlights, brah. At best. The end. While our kids drop mashed potatoes on our heads. And fans make burgers and do people's taxes, and pick up garbage and other stupid regular stuff. Even the people here who know what they are talking about the best, and can make it look good are mostly HS coaches trying their best. Roman can talk circles around probably everyone here, and what does he do for a living?

No offense intended towards anyone btw, I am in the same boat. I'm just the only one willing to admit it lol.

michael caine christmas GIF by Sky

Attachments

• 86EEE9DE-98BE-404D-A781-47E2145C2ADD.png
    86EEE9DE-98BE-404D-A781-47E2145C2ADD.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 9
Advertisement
Back