Terrence Lewis decommits

Advertisement
Same was said about Matt Corral who is projected possibly as a top ten pick. Got to fit under the right guidance for coaching on the field and in life. No telling what has happened in his life but he has done well in football. Does take a lot more to be one of the top players in the country than just showing up. If he has put in the work to do well in something like he has, he can do the same in something else. Just got to change his lifestyle with the help of the right person. That seems to be what Cristobal has been preaching.

He played a million disrespectful games in his recruitment, had a big discipline or legal issue iirc (not sure its been a minute but I think he hit a female teacher) had his own head coach call him a culture killer publicly, was incredibly disrespectful to Miami (trolled us) and other programs, transferred at least 3x in HS and was oft injured, committed all over the place (4 different colleges iirc), and did everything he could to draw attention to himself. He's done nothing in college except have two major injuries (thats three in his career now so I don't even think he can get on the field anyway) and two major (and expensive) surgeries at MD and now, after just a year, is abandoning the team that stood by him and got him well. Lockley at MD is known to be a really good father figure and mentor to some tough kids so the "right guidance for coaching on the field and in life" concept didn't work.

For every Matt Corall there are 10 Willie Williams IMO. Except Willie meant well. You want a reclamation project, ok, but you need a cornerstone to build on, and this kid is up to his same old look-at-me-crap as I type this.

You can't preach culture and take everyone anyway. You need to choose your battles, and no way I'd choose this kid. I said he'd be in the portal before we knew it and that was the easiest money anyone ever saw.

I don't want to see the U on this kid. And from an ROI perspective, ZERO chance I waste a counter on him. I'd rather see it go to a kid that deserves it.

If that's not enough, let me know. I'll bet there is more out there on google.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
3 of last 4 Heisman winners were transfers. This year's candidate (MSU RB, Walker) was a transfer. What about the WR that just broke Miami record this season (Rambo)? JJ Watt was also a transfer. Should I keep going?

I'm feeling old school: OJ Simpson, Randy Moss, Troy Aikman, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton were also transfers.
Why you gotta do that man like that? 🤣

Summerslam 2003 Wrestling GIF by WWE
Showcase Epw GIF by Explosive Professional Wrestling
Tag Team Slam GIF by United Wrestling Network

I'm torn here but I trust Mario's decision. I'm good with either way.

Side note - the northwestern guys we have on our roster now seem like great young men so maybe they can whip T2 into shape.
Didn’t he leave to central

He played a million disrespectful games in his recruitment, had a big discipline or legal issue iirc (not sure its been a minute but I think he hit a female teacher) had his own head coach call him a culture killer publicly, was incredibly disrespectful to Miami (trolled us) and other programs, transferred at least 3x in HS and was oft injured, committed all over the place (4 different colleges iirc), and did everything he could to draw attention to himself. He's done nothing in college except have two major injuries (thats three in his career now so I don't even think he can get on the field anyway) and two major (and expensive) surgeries at MD and now, after just a year, is abandoning the team that stood by him and got him well. Lockley at MD is known to be a really good father figure and mentor to some tough kids so the "right guidance for coaching on the field and in life" concept didn't work.

For every Matt Corall there are 10 Willie Williams IMO. Except Willie meant well. You want a reclamation project, ok, but you need a cornerstone to build on, and this kid is up to his same old look-at-me-crap as I type this.

You can't preach culture and take everyone anyway. You need to choose your battles, and no way I'd choose this kid. I said he'd be in the portal before we knew it and that was the easiest money anyone ever saw.

I don't want to see the U on this kid. And from an ROI perspective, ZERO chance I waste a counter on him. I'd rather see it go to a kid that deserves it.

I came in here to say that Mario should take him to talk to Willie Williams.

Advertisement

All that is dead , he went to Maryland kept his head down didn’t get in any trouble went to class the only true concern is his health and can he get back to a 100% we need LBs if he is healthy enough he will start day 1

I am currently reading up on the story about Willie Williams. Surely, I can see a lot of parallels. Incredibly gifted, a natural playing football. Maybe Williams was even more nuts from a football perspective.

The biggest parallel I see here, is: Williams needed counseling and guidance, because no one gave him that growing up. To me, Lewis looks eerily similar. The fact that he transfers a lot and seems to draw a lot of attention tells me that he does not get enough recognition in his private life and there arent too many people around him that give him a smack on the head when he does something wrong (which makes me glad that I have a father who never really had to whip me - his stare was enough to keep me straight).

Williams did not have that at any point. The difference between Williams and Lewis is that Williams was celebrated until his stuff came out. He was hyped and hyped and hyped and felt that no one could do him wrong, and when he did, he expected to be untouchable and that his fans would continue to celebrate him. They didnt and they left him alone and they still are leaving him alone.

If you take a chance on Lewis, you better have a very very strict plan ready to go. Classes, meetings, practices, he needs to be there early and ready to go. He has a counselor to speak to if he needs them and his teammates need to have an eye on him as well.

If he screws up: Bye.

I am not in favor or against taking him. Mario usually smells bull**** from a mile away, so if they sit down and he smells it, he wont take him.

Didn't Wes throw the U down? Maybe we shouldn't send him his letter of intent paperwork on Signing Day....🤔

We need savages boss....remember that these are KIDS....if he wants in, he's a take all day long,
Manny also pulled his offer as did manny programs

Advertisement
I am currently reading up on the story about Willie Williams. Surely, I can see a lot of parallels. Incredibly gifted, a natural playing football. Maybe Williams was even more nuts from a football perspective.

The biggest parallel I see here, is: Williams needed counseling and guidance, because no one gave him that growing up. To me, Lewis looks eerily similar. The fact that he transfers a lot and seems to draw a lot of attention tells me that he does not get enough recognition in his private life and there arent too many people around him that give him a smack on the head when he does something wrong (which makes me glad that I have a father who never really had to whip me - his stare was enough to keep me straight).

Williams did not have that at any point. The difference between Williams and Lewis is that Williams was celebrated until his stuff came out. He was hyped and hyped and hyped and felt that no one could do him wrong, and when he did, he expected to be untouchable and that his fans would continue to celebrate him. They didnt and they left him alone and they still are leaving him alone.

If you take a chance on Lewis, you better have a very very strict plan ready to go. Classes, meetings, practices, he needs to be there early and ready to go. He has a counselor to speak to if he needs them and his teammates need to have an eye on him as well.

If he screws up: Bye.

I am not in favor or against taking him. Mario usually smells bull**** from a mile away, so if they sit down and he smells it, he wont take him.
I’m not sure we would want him regardless of his behavior. He’s had a lot of injuries. Would think Miami would do a medical evaluation. Might not even be ready till 2023 season

I say it almost daily, ALMOST EVERY KID wants to stay home. If they have an opportunity to be here, win and be developed at the same level they can be somewhere else, we win. It’s really that simple. Playing in front of friends and family is every kids choice when all things are even. The cost and time it takes to travel is a lot to put on those you love. There’s nothing better than walking out after a game and seeing your mother, father, brothers and sisters waiting to take you home and feed you dinner. NOTHING! Now imagine going home to your ****** apartment and watching espn alone. That’s the reality of playing college football a thousand miles away. Add to that cold weather and it’s unbearable. For a kid from South Florida, Georgia is akin to Siberia.

Advertisement
What were the two injuries? I heard something about an acl but not sure what the second one was

**** NO! This kid doesn’t respect anyone..his parents, coaches, authority or women. **** NO!

I am frankly tired of kids like this who keep getting opportunities bc of his talent. Let him go elsewhere!

We fans can’t be this thirsty for players.
Well, when you see the linebackers we have it makes us want to do crazy things!

Advertisement
Back