Terrence Lewis decommits

Advertisement
I mean..for the folks who are in the know..Is his on-field talent really worth a 4th chance? (If UCF releases him, he will ultimately go the "Last Chance U" route so that will be his 3rd chance, then he can transfer out that will be his 4th)... I remember him being really good but you have to be **** near elite for a school to give you this many chances.

That said, the folks who said that his incident at MNW wasnt just a isolated juvenile mistake were right. This kid probably has some other incidents that were covered up for him that we dont know about and is basically a serial offender when it comes to not being able to keep his hands to himself.
Could care less if he is a 5 star today. If what he is being arrested for is true, he gave up the privilege and any future chances of college ball IMO . At least if I was running the team. I’ve said this before. I’m all about 2nd chances. I’ve been given one myself. I also have no problem with teams treating superstars a little differently. This is a meritocracy in some ways. But the minute dude beats up a woman, he can gtfo and rebuild his life elsewhere, no matter if he is a 5 star qb or a pwo.

Advertisement
He played a million disrespectful games in his recruitment, had a big discipline or legal issue iirc (not sure its been a minute but I think he hit a female teacher) had his own head coach call him a culture killer publicly, was incredibly disrespectful to Miami (trolled us) and other programs, transferred at least 3x in HS and was oft injured, committed all over the place (4 different colleges iirc), and did everything he could to draw attention to himself. He's done nothing in college except have two major injuries (thats three in his career now so I don't even think he can get on the field anyway) and two major (and expensive) surgeries at MD and now, after just a year, is abandoning the team that stood by him and got him well. Lockley at MD is known to be a really good father figure and mentor to some tough kids so the "right guidance for coaching on the field and in life" concept didn't work.

For every Matt Corall there are 10 Willie Williams IMO. Except Willie meant well. You want a reclamation project, ok, but you need a cornerstone to build on, and this kid is up to his same old look-at-me-crap as I type this.

You can't preach culture and take everyone anyway. You need to choose your battles, and no way I'd choose this kid. I said he'd be in the portal before we knew it and that was the easiest money anyone ever saw.

I don't want to see the U on this kid. And from an ROI perspective, ZERO chance I waste a counter on him. I'd rather see it go to a kid that deserves it.

If that's not enough, let me know. I'll bet there is more out there on google.

Easiest call, ever. Was right there in front of us, people.

So did Manny.

Rehire that man...

1652117540333.png

He's a talented kid but he had documented off the field issues in HS. None of this is surprising, MNW kicked him out for putting his hands on women.

Manny dumb *** still tried to recruit him at the 11th hour and still got trolled. Lmao I can't help but laugh at how **** amateur our last staff was. Bunch of **** goobers

Advertisement
If the coach at Chaminade aint want you to stay on the team and he would recruit any body to play you knew what was up. Mnw kicked him out etc... He is coddled alot by family and coaches...i never was that high on him the off the field stuff made it worse.

Hopefully he can get back on track...better call Herm Edwards *** if he gets out of this charge. He needs to get far away

Funny how that works. Someone with a prior violent crime history, reoffends. Who would have thought.

Btw How about we go from "I hope he gets the help he needs" being our 1st comment to "I hope the victim is okay" then "I hope he faces consequences to his action" and then "I hope he gets the help he needs".

100% agree the victim should be in all of our thoughts. I think all of us have learned to wait to see if an accused is convicted before piling on. But we are too quick to overlook that there is someone who was injured regardless of the legal outcome, and may be in real crisis. Heart goes out to her.

I really wanted Lewis based on his play, but didn't realize what a headcase he was. Glad Manny stayed away (for the most part). Sounds like Mario knew the kid's MO and didn't even take a look. Good for him.

Advertisement
100% agree the victim should be in all of our thoughts. I think all of us have learned to wait to see if an accused is convicted before piling on. But we are too quick to overlook that there is someone who was injured regardless of the legal outcome, and may be in real crisis. Heart goes out to her.

I really wanted Lewis based on his play, but didn't realize what a headcase he was. Glad Manny stayed away (for the most part). Sounds like Mario knew the kid's MO and didn't even take a look. Good for him.
Domestic Violence is no joke. Deep emotional trauma occurs to the victim and ppl on here 1st reaction is to say I hope he gets help. So many ppl have been trained/brainwashed to not think of the victim at all.

Funny how that works. Someone with a prior violent crime history, reoffends. Who would have thought.

Btw How about we go from "I hope he gets the help he needs" being our 1st comment to "I hope the victim is okay" then "I hope he faces consequences to his action" and then "I hope he gets the help he needs".
I hope you don’t mean ALL people with a prior violent crime history will reoffend. If so, that’s ignorant af and there’s no truth to it what so ever. I volunteer at ARCHES in Salem, Oregon. I see HUNDREDS of men AND women with a prior violent crime history who’s gone on to have very productive lives. One young man is running for a local political office.

I hope you don’t mean ALL people with a prior violent crime history will reoffend. If so, that’s ignorant af and there’s no truth to it what so ever. I volunteer at ARCHES in Salem, Oregon. I see HUNDREDS of men AND women with a prior violent crime history who’s gone on to have very productive lives. One young man is running for a local political office.
Your statement is more powerful without the final sentence

Advertisement
This guy?

Your statement is more powerful without the final sentence
I don’t get caught up in that nonsense!The young man is to commended for changing his life around for the better and to debunk the notion of ANYONE saying people can’t legitimately change who they are for the betterment of society

Advertisement
Back