Tennison breaks down UM commitment and what future holds for career

View as article
Alot of these guys use that Miami offer as leverage..I'd drop him.....Lock up Avantee
We r in no position IMO to drop guys that are good enough for the Clemsons Bamas and UGAs of the world. We have to put up with it.....its the staffs job to close man.
Bags always wins out though...mif i was a five star prospect and those schools offered me 100k and Indiana offered me 200k with my parents getting jobs....guess what? Im going to Indiana

We need to close this staff needs to close. We need to somehow play the game. I think schools like us dont rat cause we have dirt.....no one is outbidding these power house schools.

Advertisement
The fact that you’re judging this staff when Diaz has been HC for a merely of 3 months says a lot about your opinion and possibly your agenda. This is coming from someone who criticized Diaz as DC recruiter. Currently, we have #3 class in the nation. Let’s wait and see what happens with his first class before calling this staff a joke.

The staff is as whole:

The same defensively. Add Baker, Stroud, and drop Simpson

Offensively they new but with many question marks. Enos, Barry, Stubbs, Hickson, Field. Field is the only known recruiting commodity offensively. Stubbs was fired from 2 jobs because he couldn’t recruit. Hickson and Barry are complete unknowns.

We always have a top class pre summer.

The results speak for themselves. Atleast defensively. We have shown to develope and have a top defense. There is no reason why we should be struggling to recruit any defensive player locally or nationally.

Nationally? We have close to no shot.
Locally and instate is complete struggle.

I don’t know what else to tell you.

Were in a lose lose situation. Kids aren’t going to straight up tell the coaches “btw to f these teams offer I’m out”. The kids will say all the right things in interviews and to coaches.
If a good player commits to you you can’t say no.
Look at Jobe all over social media and in public wearing Bama swag. Even went to their camp at FIU instead of ours and we didn’t drop him cause he kept reaffirming his commitment. Bad look for the school and not very smart. That move is still hurting us cause we are thin at db especially corner back.
Haven’t been following recruiting too long but never seen an active commit go so hard in the dis.
Even his coach was like yeah take that um jersey off.
Like the old saying goes “when someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time”.

Advertisement
We have to put up with it.....its the staffs job to close man.
Bags always wins out though...mif i was a five star prospect and those schools offered me 100k and Indiana offered me 200k with my parents getting jobs....guess what? Im going to Indiana

We need to close this staff needs to close. We need to somehow play the game. I think schools like us dont rat cause we have dirt.....no one is outbidding these power house schools
You saying you'd personally take the money but then you also expect the staff to close lol. Heavy cognitive dissonance here.

Advertisement
You saying you'd personally take the money but then you also expect the staff to close lol. Heavy cognitive dissonance here.
Thinking like a 17-18 year old yes i woukd take the money possibly be on a losing team but ball out make the pros and thats that. Most kods live in the now they take the money 8 times out of 10 especially the elites.

I expect us to cheat we have done it before....its either play the game or stay losing.

Thinking like a 17-18 year old yes i woukd take the money possibly be on a losing team but ball out make the pros and thats that. Most kods live in the now they take the money 8 times out of 10 especially the elites.

I expect us to cheat we have done it before....its either play the game or stay losing.

Going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Have we “cheated” before, yes! Have we ever dropped “bags” NO.

The federal pell grant scandal? Not minimizing that it was a crime but this kids were getting a couple extra grand a semester. To put it in context, they receive more in stipends now than what those kids got.

Getting a few Benjamin’s a game from Luke for big plays??

Getting free luxury rental cars, taken out on yatchs and bottle service at clubs?? While nice and against the rules, none of this compares to dropping bags of $100K or more, brand new free cars and homes or no show jobs for relatives. We’ve never been in the “bag” game, which has been going on for a long long time, even during our successful run of 5 rings.

Going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Have we “cheated” before, yes! Have we ever dropped “bags” NO.

The federal pell grant scandal? Not minimizing that it was a crime but this kids were getting a couple extra grand a semester. To put it in context, they receive more in stipends now than what those kids got.

Getting free luxury rental cars, taken out on yatchs and bottle service at clubs?? While nice and against the rules, none of this compares to dropping bags of $100K or more, brand new free cars and homes or no show jobs for relatives. We’ve never been in the “bag” game, which has been going on for a long long time, even during our successful run of 5 rings.
Well said!

Advertisement

We got caught paying DeQuan Jones in basketball. If you think we never dropped a bag before I got an island in the Bahamas to sell you.

We got caught paying DeQuan Jones in basketball. If you think we never dropped a bag before I got an island in the Bahamas to sell you.

So you think we dropped a 6 figure bag on a recruit and the NCAA didn’t issue a post season ban or take scholarships from our basketball team? The allegations, from a lying convicted felon who committed fraud, were that he paid $10K to an assistant to recruit Jones. The NCAA, after they completed their investigation, thought the allegations were so credible that they reinstated Jones after a self imposed 10 game suspension.

But let’s not play revisionist history. Let’s assume we really did pay $10K to a recruit to sign with us. Do you think a $10K “bag” can compete with these schools that are not only paying recruits over $100k to sign with them but are allegedly paying recruits $10k or more just for recruits to visit them or not visit rivals? If so, then I’d like to buy that island you got in the Bahamas

The staff is as whole:

The same defensively. Add Baker, Stroud, and drop Simpson

Offensively they new but with many question marks. Enos, Barry, Stubbs, Hickson, Field. Field is the only known recruiting commodity offensively. Stubbs was fired from 2 jobs because he couldn’t recruit. Hickson and Barry are complete unknowns.

We always have a top class pre summer.

The results speak for themselves. Atleast defensively. We have shown to develope and have a top defense. There is no reason why we should be struggling to recruit any defensive player locally or nationally.

Nationally? We have close to no shot.
Locally and instate is complete struggle.

I don’t know what else to tell you.

You’re irrational and clearly you have an agenda against this staff. It’s 3 months in from a 7-6 season. We have a new HC and new staff members. Relationships have barely even started with recruits. Yet, we are still #3 in the nation in recruiting. In addition, the Portal has brought this program back from the grave. But you want to rush into judgment without seeing a single game and think they’re a joke. That makes sense..

Advertisement
So you think we dropped a 6 figure bag on a recruit and the NCAA didn’t issue a post season ban or take scholarships from our basketball team? The allegations, from a lying convicted felon who committed fraud, were that he paid $10K to an assistant to recruit Jones. The NCAA, after they completed their investigation, thought the allegations were so credible that they reinstated Jones after a self imposed 10 game suspension.

But let’s not play revisionist history. Let’s assume we really did pay $10K to a recruit to sign with us. Do you think a $10K “bag” can compete with these schools that are not only paying recruits over $100k to sign with them but are allegedly paying recruits $10k or more just for recruits to visit them or not visit rivals? If so, then I’d like to buy that island you got in the Bahamas
We dropped 10k for a midtier basketball recruit and you think we werent dropping larger bags on top tier football recruits? The cognitive dissonance is astounding. Oh but we are the only school not paying players...

rs-billy-mcfarland-qa-6c4ef770-ddca-447d-af16-f9e6d048a2d2.jpg

We dropped 10k for a midtier basketball recruit and you think we werent dropping larger bags on top tier football recruits? The cognitive dissonance is astounding. Oh but we are the only school not paying players...

The NCAA ran a multi year investigation and they couldn’t even prove one of the few allegations of actually dropping a bag to a player by a disgruntled scorned Shapiro and you take that to mean that we are dropping larger bags to football players?? Talk about cognitive dissonance. But ok you do you.

While I agree with u doing those things still got us in trouble. If we dont offer jobs or houses in this new era we wont ever be what we once were. We have to do something if we want to win big if not this is our limit.

Advertisement
Back