Tennison breaks down UM commitment and what future holds for career

View as article
The NCAA ran a multi year investigation and they couldn’t even prove one of the few allegations of actually dropping a bag to a player by a disgruntled scorned Shapiro and you take that to mean that we are dropping larger bags to football players?? Talk about cognitive dissonance. But ok you do you.
Oh yeah we got slapped with large scale punishments but did nothing wrong... Yeah we are the only school not paying players even though we got caught...

Advertisement
You’re irrational and clearly you have an agenda against this staff. It’s 3 months in from a 7-6 season. We have a new HC and new staff members. Relationships have barely even started with recruits. Yet, we are still #3 in the nation in recruiting. In addition, the Portal has brought this program back from the grave. But you want to rush into judgment without seeing a single game and think they’re a joke. That makes sense..

I don’t need to see a game to know that 50% of the staff has been here for 3+ years and haven’t recruited well.

In those 3 years we have had a formidable defense for 2 and top 10 defense in year 3.

And in 4 years defensively. Our best players were Golden recruits. This staff has shown zero competentcy in signing quality LB outside of Huff. Jenning is ok. Steed is average. Wilder may never play again. Joyner was an End in HS.

I’m really done explaining the obvious.

This is not year 1. They have been here for almost 4 seasons. They have been played by a multitude of recruits. They have whiffed on a sizable crop of top end local kids.

I don’t need to see a game to know that 50% of the staff has been here for 3+ years and haven’t recruited well.

In those 3 years we have had a formidable defense for 2 and top 10 defense in year 3.

And in 4 years defensively. Our best players were Golden recruits. This staff has shown zero competentcy in signing quality LB outside of Huff. Jenning is ok. Steed is average. Wilder may never play again. Joyner was an End in HS.

This is not year 1. They have been here for almost 4 seasons. They have been played by a multitude of recruits. They have whiffed on a sizable crop of top end local kids.
Unfortunately, so true...
tenor (6).gif

They had studs, so they didn’t have to recruit players that would transfer. The backups are going to be 2rd and 3rd year players once they touch the field... vets. Mike Smith played good under this staff. I won’t sit here and act as if we’re world beaters but I feel comfortable when our defense is on the field. Also, the Striker position and the love affair with safety type players are going to eventually do away with taking multiple LBs, we’ll replace them with safety/striker type kids.

Advertisement
Oh yeah we got slapped with large scale punishments but did nothing wrong... Yeah we are the only school not paying players even though we got caught...

Did you read my OP? I never said we were choir boys. I said we “cheated” and broke the rules. Now if you think that sham prolonged investigation and subsequent “large scale punishments” proved that we dropped “bags” than we will never agree on this and that’s fine.

As a matter of fact, the most severe punishments were the ones we self imposed while the NCAA purposely drew out the process to cause doubt and hurt us. Best believe if we did drop bags and the NCAA did find that, they would have come down swiftly and much more severely. We would still be dealing with sanctions. SMU would have been a slap on the wrist compared to what we would have dealt with.

Also, I never said we are the only ones not paying players. I think there is many others that are not, just like there is many others that are. Again we likely won’t agree on this and that’s cool. All good brother.

Did you read my OP? I never said we were choir boys. I said we “cheated” and broke the rules. Now if you think that sham prolonged investigation and subsequent “large scale punishments” proved that we dropped “bags” than we will never agree on this and that’s fine.

As a matter of fact, the most severe punishments were the ones we self imposed while the NCAA purposely drew out the process to cause doubt and hurt us. Best believe if we did drop bags and the NCAA did find that, they would have come down swiftly and much more severely. We would still be dealing with sanctions. SMU would have been a slap on the wrist compared to what we would have dealt with.

Also, I never said we are the only ones not paying players. I think there is many others that are not, just like there is many others that are. Again we likely won’t agree on this and that’s cool. All good brother.
Cool dig your head and the sand and ignore the facts.

While I agree with u doing those things still got us in trouble. If we dont offer jobs or houses in this new era we wont ever be what we once were. We have to do something if we want to win big if not this is our limit.

Don’t entirely disagree although I think if we get caught we are done. Also, I think if we would have had a halfway competent OC/QB coach last year we would have gone back to the ACCCG again. We very likely would not have won, but our recruiting class would have ended much differently, closing that talent gap and getting us much closer to being back. I believe we do get back to ACCCG this year which would get us back on right trajectory.

Don’t entirely disagree although I think if we get caught we are done. Also, I think if we would have had a halfway competent OC/QB coach last year we would have gone back to the ACCCG again. We very likely would not have won, but our recruiting class would have ended much differently, closing that talent gap and getting us much closer to being back. I believe we do get back to ACCCG this year which would get us back on right trajectory.
I think we get back to the acccg this season my only loss i have as of right now is to uf.

Advertisement
Lets see if Clemson or Bama want his replacement. People keep thinking good players r replaceable and our road to be back we have to recruit well.

Agreed but we can’t do that without first playing well on the field. It’s the whole chicken and the egg analogy. In this case we’re the egg unfortunately. While I have no clue one way or the other Tennison is leaning now, the fact is that he’s attending the Clemson Spring game and very well could get an offer extended. If we want to partake in the same players as the Clemson’s and Alabama’s of the world we’ve got to shoot our shot, but make sure as best as we can that our aim is true. I’d love to have Tennison remain in the 2020 class but as you stated it’s not looking good. If that becomes the case then time to find another top flight safety to replace him.

Once we start producing on the field, the kids will come. Of that I am confident. We have to take our baby steps before we can run, we aren’t the Canes of the 80’s, 90’s, or even early 2000’s. Yet. Manolo will get us there of that I’m certain.

Yeah cheat, get caught, then the death penalty. All because a few kids are showing love to Clemson and Alabama. Geesh, I think some are grasping at straws in their pursuit to have the U great again. Me? I’d rather we play this the right way, develop kids, graduate them, and ball out on the field. We don’t have the funds nor the network necessary to play bag games with these schools, or the other SEC schools. So learn to beat them other ways. Like on the field.

Agreed but we can’t do that without first playing well on the field. It’s the whole chicken and the egg analogy. In this case we’re the egg unfortunately. While I have no clue one way or the other Tennison is leaning now, the fact is that he’s attending the Clemson Spring game and very well could get an offer extended. If we want to partake in the same players as the Clemson’s and Alabama’s of the world we’ve got to shoot our shot, but make sure as best as we can that our aim is true. I’d love to have Tennison remain in the 2020 class but as you stated it’s not looking good. If that becomes the case then time to find another top flight safety to replace him.

Once we start producing on the field, the kids will come. Of that I am confident. We have to take our baby steps before we can run, we aren’t the Canes of the 80’s, 90’s, or even early 2000’s. Yet. Manolo will get us there of that I’m certain.
My thing is even if we have a good season Clemson has built that brand. We could lose one regular season game go to the ACCC game get beat and he will still choose them. They grew up watching those guys to hard of a pull unless u offering $. No one cared about bama or there lore until they started handing out bags the minute saban got there regardless of his struggles early.
This kid gets that CU offer hes gone....unless Manny is a young Meyer and still gets him (that to me would be elite recruiting)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back