Tennessee potential transfers?

I was really mad about this kid potentially going to bama cause then we’d have to see him. And he’d look even better with the upgraded supporting cast. And he already looked like a top three backer. But man if he goes to bama that is such a Kevin Durant move

Advertisement
We need a LB who has shown he can play at this level. All the sunshine pumping about the current kids is meaningless.

If the tootoo isn't already spoken for you'd have to assume we used the Deandre Johnson connection and are actively trying to recruit him.

The kid can come to Miami for one year and build his personal brand and develop roots in the premier place to train for during an NFL offseason. Jump to the NFL after one year with his god-given talent. Jalean Phillips-esqe
That's the pitch I'd be hitting him with right now. You're going to play ASAP, chance to earn under the NIL in the short term and have an established brand by the time you hit the draft next year. Use Deandre for his connection to him, Jaelan and Bubba for transfer success stories and pitch the **** out of the early playing time. MAKE IT HAPPEN MANNY!!!!

The thing I don’t understand is that TN is in trouble for giving players improper benefits. To’oto’o absolutely was one of those players. Why the **** else would a Polynesian from California go to middle of the pack team like the Volunteers? So, the university gets punished and all the players have no ramifications??? How many Canes players careers over the years were cut short because they took a limo ride or a free rental car......

He's back home in Cali taking classes at Tennessee online. He is still in the portal, waiting to see if the immediate transfer rule is approved before he does anything.
I thought immediate transfer rule is already approved for this season due to COVID

Advertisement
Do we have the room for Tootoo?

Before somebody says, “you make room”, it doesn’t work like that.

And I’m no expert on how many numbers or counters or any of that we have left, but we either do or we don’t. Of course I also realize at the NCAA can’t get off its *** and make a decision either.

I am just asking the question, do we have the room or don’t we, or does anyone know?

If he enrolls in August, we have 24 ICs.

Henry To'o To'o interview from last year. Both DJ's( DJ Williams and DeAndre Johnson) needs to be in his ear.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought immediate transfer rule is already approved for this season due to COVID
SEC doesn't allow inter-conference transfers. They supposedly have been discussing it but there isn't a clear majority who will vote to change the rule. That's why To'o to'o hasn't transferred to Bama. He's waiting to see what happens. If it doesn't get resolved soon the belief is he will end up at OSU.

Sounds like there may have been some last minute $EC Bagman contract renegotiations with the Vols For Life fund.

Go Canes

Sounds like there may have been some last minute $EC Bagman contract renegotiations with the Vols For Life fund.

Go Canes

Video is a month old. Here are the recent comments.

EFD9E484-34AC-46E2-901E-7FDE5133E15A.jpeg

He’s still in the portal. https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortal/

Advertisement
Thx for the update!

Sounds like they couldn't agree on price to stay. He could be a one and done at Miami with a good year against ACC competition putting up big stats as a 3rd year player which makes him eligible for the 2022 NFL Draft.

Go Canes
That would be a nice pull. The speculation seems to be mostly Alabama or Ohio State though...

Advertisement
Just give me a dude that wants to figure it out.
we all love 40 times and all that but we need students of the game. We need players that love to study the game.

Yup. Over the last 20 years we've only had a handful of smart football players, especially on the defensive side of the ball where IMO it matter most (outside of QB)

Spence, Kenny Phillips, Jaquon, maybe Shaq... maybe a couple others but I don't think there are many names to miss lol

I think Kinchens is one of those guys, hoping Flagg proves to be

Advertisement
Back