Tennessee DE Deandre Johnson Transfers to Miami

Advertisement
I’ve watched a lot of Tennessee games the last few years with my wife’s family. He doesn’t really stick out as far as being a difference maker. He was a solid guy on a pretty bad unit. He has been their leader in sacks, but they never generated pressure without blitzing, mostly from the slot. Their defense is very much a “sum of the parts” with the sum not being great. He played outside linebacker in that system, so no sure how he will do with his hand in the dirt. He had 4.5 sacks this year but 2 of them came in week 1 vs USC. He was solid, but not spectacular the rest of the year. He is not of the caliber of our other transfer DEs coming in. It doesn’t mean he won’t make an impact here, but of course the question is how he will do playing in a 4-3 every play in our system.

Advertisement
I’ve watched a lot of Tennessee games the last few years with my wife’s family. He doesn’t really stick out as far as being a difference maker. He was a solid guy on a pretty bad unit. He has been there leader in sacks, but they never generated pressure without blitzing, mostly from the slot. Their defense is very much a “sum of the parts” with the sum not being great. He played outside linebacker in that system, so no sure how he will do with his hand in the dirt. He had 4.5 sacks this year but 2 of them came in week 1 vs USC. He was solid, but not spectacular the rest of the year. He is not of the caliber of our other transfer DEs coming in. It doesn’t mean he won’t make an impact here, but of course the question is how he will do playing in a 4-3 every play in our system.
No no no. Realistic views of a guy coming in to play DE and set the edge in the run game as an undersized 3-4 OLB will not be tolerated.

No no no. Realistic views of a guy coming in to play DE and set the edge in the run game as an undersized 3-4 OLB will not be tolerated.
They can post all the work out and measurement videos they want, but he’s been nothing more than a pretty solid player so far. I’ve watched this team and him every year. He’s nothing more than that right now . I hope the change of scheme unlocks his potential

Advertisement
In my humble opinion

1- Phillips
2- Johnson
3-Roche
4-Hill

Phillips is tough to jump as everyone knew he was a top 10 draft pick if he put it back together
What exactly do you see from Johnson that you like him over Roche who had like 31 career sacks and was the AAC defensive player of the yr in 2019...also had some draft buzz coming out of temple...

Think its a solid get to throw at the DE rotation. He'll be an upgrade over Cam Williams who i dont think is ready as a full time starter and can be used as the 3rd rush guy.

Maybe a change of scheme can lead to a Roche like production from this season...and ill take that.

Advertisement
What exactly do you see from Johnson that you like him over Roche who had like 31 career sacks and was the AAC defensive player of the yr in 2019...also had some draft buzz coming out of temple...
Level of competition first...

And I like the athleticism he’ll be bringing that I don’t think Roche had. Maybe even a better run blocker than Roche.

I had high expectations for Roche and thought he was EHH alright but nothing like a difference maker that a dude who checked out of football for about 2 years and was barley getting his feet under him

I’m just a fake insider , I said there’s he a de for weeks , he hits the portal I say he’s the one then he commits. Lucky guess. When it happens with the cb that’ll ne a lucky guess too.

Oh and I remember names to the trolls.
Im sure you haven’t asked because the staff felt T2 was theirs...

but in your opinion you feel that USC LB might be a play for us?

Advertisement
I’m just a fake insider , I said there’s he a de for weeks , he hits the portal I say he’s the one , then he commits. Lucky guess. When it happens with the cb that’ll ne a lucky guess too.

Oh and I remember names to the trolls.
Cmon Crib you can’t let these clowns who don’t know you F ya groove up. It’s always the ones who bring nothing to the board with the most to say.

You don’t owe them ****ttt

Advertisement
Back