Temple Student On Golden

Advertisement
Nothing knew. The whole fan base was ecstatic with the move to Addazio

My comment when we hired Golden - I thought he was the right fit at the right time. Get a guy who's a tireless worker, good PR man for the school, really solid recruiter, a guy who embraces the past, etc. I thought he would be a perfect 3-4-5 year hire kind of guy but he wasn't the coach to take us to the next level since he was a guy who was known as a guy who wouldn't outcoach/outscheme anyone. Fast forward 4 years later and we're at the point I thought we would be at. Time for the big man to leave.

My comment when we hired Golden - I thought he was the right fit at the right time. Get a guy who's a tireless worker, good PR man for the school, really solid recruiter, a guy who embraces the past, etc. I thought he would be a perfect 3-4-5 year hire kind of guy but he wasn't the coach to take us to the next level since he was a guy who was known as a guy who wouldn't outcoach/outscheme anyone. Fast forward 4 years later and we're at the point I thought we would be at. Time for the big man to leave.

You sure like the word guy.

Advertisement

We're at the point you'd thought we'd be at? You mean you knew this ish storm was coming and didn't warn the natives?

Somebody showed me this about what a temple student wrote about golden when miami hired him. He called it "doses of reality" and it was on owlscoop.com.

1.He is a good recruiter, but a mediocre gameday coach.

2.His clock management skills are poor, as is his ability to make adjustments. He has been repeatedly outcoached in the 2nd half of games by coaches who have lesser talent but more savy. Frank Solich, Ohio U HC really has his number.

3.His offense is often 1 dimensional, and he seems to stick with a gameplan well after it has been proven not to be working.He has plan A but no B.

4.He is secretive regarding players, schemes, Offense & Defense philosphy.

5.He has not been able to develop a QB and establis a cohesive offensive scheme. He functioned as the special teams coach with very poor results.

6.His teams have only beaten 3 D-1 teams with winning records in the past 5 years. He has not won the MAC east crown let alone mac conf title.

He said some more **** but these sound and look familiar.

he forgot one he suxs

Advertisement
What he did was snow the AD, BOT and evryone else with any kind of a corp background with his binder and process....sad part is he probably did and still does believe it.

If a coach is not succeeding or leaves, people always bash him and the complaints usually sound similar. Shows you the consistency of fan rhetoric. It's not unlike fans disliking the "scheme" of any DC who is having problems. Temple was a wasteland before Golden. Hard to believe that Golden had much of any weaknesses compared to what they had seen--nor that they had even seen the "strength" they sought prior to him.

Temple was awful - no doubt. But Temple went from being in the Big East (a top 6 conference) to being in the unquestionable worst conference in CFB (MAAC).
That's the biggest reason for their success.
MAC is a good conference and has been a good coaching pipeline for the most part. It does not consider itself a power conference nor should it.

Advertisement
Advertisement

how many ribs did you have removed so you could fellate yourself?

Advertisement
Back