Temple game

Advertisement
I will take a CMU win over an FIU/La. Tech loss any year.
Those "wins" are exactly what lead to inexplicable losses. If you can't whoop a team like CMU, you are bound to lose to better G5 teams.

Advertisement
Don’t tell that to everyone on here.. They are discussing the upcoming season as if it’s actually going to happen.

I'm in wait and see mode.
I'm assuming you live in Florida. A lot can change in 2 months.
On April 9th NY was close to 11,000 new cases per day. On June 9th it was down to less than 700 per. That's where Florida was through the month of May.

The hope is that the states that are getting hit hard now will have similar trends.

I'm in wait and see mode.
I'm assuming you live in Florida. A lot can change in 2 months.
On April 9th NY was close to 11,000 new cases per day. On June 9th it was down to less than 700 per.

The hope is that the states that are getting hit hard now will have similar trends.
I live in Connecticut, which is one of the best states right now when it comes to COVID. I agree with you man, I think it can get better. I just think a lot of people are stupid and aren’t wearing masks when they are out. They are acting as if things are completely normal. The fall/winter could get bad because it’s that time of year when we get sick anyway.

Advertisement
Those "wins" are exactly what lead to inexplicable losses. If you can't whoop a team like CMU, you are bound to lose to better G5 teams.

No they aren't. The loss occurs on game day. We barely beat Boston College with our undefeated 2001 team. Oklahoma blew out everyone on their 2004 schedule and got lit up in the National Championship game. You win 1 game at a time. "Statement" games are BS. Just win. 1 game at a time. With 1 point if necessary.

Advertisement
The temple game is going to be a crucial one for our beloved Miami Hurricanes, I feel like we have to win in blowout fashion, just off the fact that the last few non power 5 Opponents we faced we came out flat and lost games those game in embarrassing fashion. It’s also other big factors why we have to blow out temple , the way that coach Diaz left temple after a few days and left a sour taste in temple fan base and front office mouth and hopefully in the future that move will define his career and not be the move that ended his head coaching career, also one of the best transfer in the country Quincy Roche came over to us and it will suck that he came to us , just to lose to his fomer team , if we lose to temple I really feel like we should fire Diaz week 1 , I know people will disagree with that move but I feel like it will be necessary, it definitely will hurt recruiting, but we will have to do what’s best for the program.
I keep saying Temple is the most important game of the season. Diaz's team needs some proof of concept in his ability to win games.

No they aren't. The loss occurs on game day. We barely beat Boston College with our undefeated 2001 team. Oklahoma blew out everyone on their 2004 schedule and got lit up in the National Championship game. You win 1 game at a time. "Statement" games are BS. Just win. 1 game at a time. With 1 point if necessary.
One down game against a quality BC team on the road does not remotely resemble **** near losing to CMU at home. We were a team that had won what, 20 in a row at that point? A down game is expected. Nearly losing to CMU at home is much, much more like FSU nearly losing to Louisiana Monroe at home last year. Care to tell me how similar FSU and Miami were last year? We both sucked. Sure that's a coincidence that crappy teams nearly lose to crappy teams, while good teams usually pulverize fodder like that. You play that bad against vastly inferior talent, odds are your team sucks, and isn't the 2001 Miami Hurricanes.

Advertisement
One down game against a quality BC team on the road does not remotely resemble **** near losing to CMU at home. We were a team that had won what, 20 in a row at that point? A down game is expected. Nearly losing to CMU at home is much, much more like FSU nearly losing to Louisiana Monroe at home last year. Care to tell me how similar FSU and Miami were last year? We both sucked. Sure that's a coincidence that crappy teams nearly lose to crappy teams, while good teams usually pulverize fodder like that. You play that bad against vastly inferior talent, odds are your team sucks, and isn't the 2001 Miami Hurricanes.

My point remains. The game you play is the game you play. It has no bearing on any other game that season.

My point remains. The game you play is the game you play. It has no bearing on any other game that season.
Bad teams play down to bad competition more often than good teams do. One game does not make a season, but several games that are similar in nature tells you a lot about a team. One game at a time, indeed. One pitiful performance after another. It all starts with one. The GT game was just one game. The CMU game was just one game. The VT game was just one game. The FIU game was just one game. The LaTech game was just one game.

You see, we do play one game at a time, but the season consists of 12+ games. One bad performance in 12 games is fine. One every other week, or more, is not. One game is part of the bigger picture, and when you play down to MUCH less talented teams, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the games on your schedule. We don't bounce back from bad games, we double down on ineptitude. Heck, we couldn't even overcome a bye week, much less a bad performance.

Here's hoping that changes this year.

Bad teams play down to bad competition more often than good teams do. One game does not make a season, but several games that are similar in nature tells you a lot about a team. One game at a time, indeed. One pitiful performance after another. It all starts with one. The GT game was just one game. The CMU game was just one game. The VT game was just one game. The FIU game was just one game. The LaTech game was just one game.

You see, we do play one game at a time, but the season consists of 12+ games. One bad performance in 12 games is fine. One every other week, or more, is not. One game is part of the bigger picture, and when you play down to MUCH less talented teams, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the games on your schedule. We don't bounce back from bad games, we double down on ineptitude. Heck, we couldn't even overcome a bye week, much less a bad performance.

Here's hoping that changes this year.

The problem is, when you go into a game expecting to blow out your competition and suddenly realize the other team came to play, you get disenfranchised real quick. “Why are we struggling in the first quarter/half/game? This sucks.” Stop thinking about the final score and think about the current play. Stop thinking about the next game and think about today. That’s what this team has been lacking, is wear-withal. And if the game ends close, don’t let that bring you down either. Plenty of good teams have an off game, like you said. Plenty of bad teams get demoralized early.

The problem is, when you go into a game expecting to blow out your competition and suddenly realize the other team came to play, you get disenfranchised real quick. “Why are we struggling in the first quarter/half/game? This sucks.” Stop thinking about the final score and think about the current play. Stop thinking about the next game and think about today. That’s what this team has been lacking, is wear-withal. And if the game ends close, don’t let that bring you down either. Plenty of good teams have an off game, like you said. Plenty of bad teams get demoralized early.
I get that, but that is where the head coach either earns his money, or fails miserably. He needs to instil into his team a work ethic that helps them overcome sluggish starts, or a handful of unfortunate plays. Instead, our team dances. That is why I feel the Temple game is indeed important, not only as a single game, but as a building block for a successful season.

Our team just looks unmotivated and ill-prepared. Well, at least they did last season. Again, I hope that changes in dramatic fashion this season. This team is loaded, and has no business playing 7-8 crappy games where they look like they just don't care to be there. And if they do, they don't know what to do while they are there.

Diaz needs to improve drastically or this season will be the worst in recent memory. You simply can't stumble to a 6-7 win season with a QB like King and an OC like Lashlee. You can't let bye weeks kick your butt. You just can't if you expect to coach at this level.

Advertisement
Back