Temple film (and previews)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are they really that bad? Sucks they don’t play anyone tomorrow that would challenge them. First road game but I don’t expect it to be loud so shouldn’t have any issues there

Advertisement
My goodness! Temple is absolutely terrible.

Angry Evil Eye GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Akron is a bad team, but give Temple credit for beating them.

In the Rutgers game, Temple was eating a bagel going into the 4th quarter, where they scored to pull within 13-7. After that slight scare, Rutgers marched down the field, Miami'd the XP, 19-7. After that, Rugers scored on all its drives, including a FG after a pick in Temple territory, to pull away for the final 36-7 margin.

Temple doesn't have much of an offense. Their QB stares down receivers. Their backfield is small. This is fortunate, given our DL and safety injuries. With those absences, Temple may move the ball some, but I believe our (temporary) first teamers still shut them down for the most part.

Defensively, Temple only allowed 13 points through three quarters vs. Rutgers. They were beaten to the field side with RB checkdown throws, a wheel route, and a very standard post pattern, where Rutgers used the full width. Expect Dawson to do the same, to the tune of bigly plays.

In the 4th quarter, perhaps owing to creeping physical and mental fatigue, Temple gave up 4 sustained drives (including one after a pick on their side of the field), to the tune of 23 points. This suggests that Miami may get garbage points late as well.

In the second of the "ramp up" games through UNC/Clemson, Temple presents a much greater physical and talent challenge to Bethune. Expect starters into the 4th quarter, particularly on defense. It's clear we don't have the depth yet.

With the offense also likely to play full strength until 8-10 minutes to go, I expect Miami to continue to score on the vast majority of its possessions. I hope to see a cleaned up game in punt fielding, extra points, and, most importantly, field goals. Penalties need to come down as well.

Miami 44, Temple 14.

Advertisement
Some initial thoughts:

-Their QB will put the ball in harms way
-They use a lot of different guys to get it done on O
-Got to be ready for wheel routes and the TE can do damage
-Their D is aggressive and we'll have opportunities to go deep but need to block them up

I expect a close-ish game at half maybe like 17-7 but a 38-14 by end of game as we can wear them down.

Advertisement
Back