Temple film (and previews)

No doubt. I will be watching their game at Ole ****, and studying their condensed games from earlier in the year. GT will be a major ramp up from Temple. Our fans need to be the 12th man.
Absolutely, will be first conference game so no reason for a let down, the players should be amped to get into conference play and play first big time opponent since tamu

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we lose to GT or Louisville after actually seeing games played now it would prove we are the same Canes of the past 20 years. We don’t have to beat the by 40 but man we should win this game without having to blink!!

You're delusional if you think Louisville will be easy. They have talent and Brohm was competing with the best teams in the Big 10 with a worse Purdue roster.

It’s difficult to score in the 60s when your offense is so well balanced.

We scored on every TVD-led drive with the exception of one where Young fumbled inside the 5 and “only” put up 34 points. That was halfway thru the 3rd quarter.

We had 34-0 halftime lead

TVD didn’t play the 2nd half at all

TrumpyCane wants to know what game you were watching

You're delusional if you think Louisville will be easy. They have talent and Brohm was competing with the best teams in the Big 10 with a worse Purdue roster.
My point still stands! I said we should win without blinking. I never mentioned blowing them out or the game not being competitive. But if we lose that game that's a problem. Brohm is a decent coach but winning these type games with regularity is the next step for the program to move forward. You can disagree and that's cool. Last I check we wanted to compete for chips again. Lousiville's, UNC's, GT etc. will never be playoff contending programs. The top their teams handle middle of the pack squads consistently in their conferences. We have the talent and coaching now to handle the Lousiville's of the world without worrying year to year.

Advertisement
I don’t think you will see us scoring 50 pts. We play complementary football. With a balanced offense and the new clock rules I think you will see scoring for most of CFB come down a bit this year.

Advertisement
Man, f#ck Temple and this guy!

1694854738157.png

Scoring is the 60s won’t be easy with longer, methodical drives and the new clock rules. We would need a few long plays to set up or score quick TDs or scores by the defense and/or special teams.

45-10 Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
My point still stands! I said we should win without blinking. I never mentioned blowing them out or the game not being competitive. But if we lose that game that's a problem. Brohm is a decent coach but winning these type games with regularity is the next step for the program to move forward. You can disagree and that's cool.
I don't think anyone would question the bolded. I think the question is, are we there yet?

I saw one post that showed, as of today, we are favored for every game on our schedule except FSU. After 5-7, people want to see on the field that we play up to expectations.
Last I check we wanted to compete for chips again. Lousiville's, UNC's, GT etc. will never be playoff contending programs. The top their teams handle middle of the pack squads consistently in their conferences. We have the talent and coaching now to handle the Lousiville's of the world without worrying year to year.

It’s difficult to score in the 60s when your offense is so well balanced.

We scored on every TVD-led drive with the exception of one where Young fumbled inside the 5 and “only” put up 34 points. That was halfway thru the 3rd quarter.
Still trying to figure out how that was not a head shot on 4. I have no clue what the rule is now on that play.

I don't think anyone would question the bolded. I think the question is, are we there yet?

I saw one post that showed, as of today, we are favored for every game on our schedule except FSU. After 5-7, people want to see on the field that we play up to expectations.
That's a legit question NorthEast! I'm cautiously optimistic, but having an All Everything Safety and 3 of our starting DL going down can keep anyone from feeling easy about winning these upcoming conference games. It remains to be seen.

Advertisement
Back