Temple film (and previews)

The team in the locker room showers barely finished washing their *** post-Bethune and we on to Temple. No time like the present, eh?
Onto GT!!!

GT offense is actually competent this year they have Haynes King who is a veteran now and looks good enough in operating the offense, they have scored more first couple games than 6 games last year.. Their skill guys have been upgraded big time by multiple transfers from tamu, Alabama, etc. We will know more about them against Ole miss, but any team that can move the ball and score still scares me because idk how I feel about our defense yet.

Still getting feel for guidry scheme, will see how GT gameplans for his defense

Hopefully people dont overlook GT and understand with transfer portal a team can be made over quickly if HC adopts that acquisition strategy. They dont have a sack yet this season so TVD should be able to cook, we will get idea of their D in ole miss also.. But their O has done some work, havent really dove into GT yet, will probably have better breakdown that week.. Chase lane tamu transfer will miss this week but will probably be back for us.

The Yellow Jackets rank No. 9 nationally in total offense, averaging 533 yards per game through the first two contests of the 2023 season.

King leads the ACC with 301.5 passing yards per game and seven passing TDs. Five different Yellow Jacket receivers have hauled in at least one receiving TD this season, including Eric Singleton, Jr. and Brett Seither who both have two receiving touchdowns on the season.

Advertisement
Onto GT!!!

GT offense is actually competent this year they have Haynes King who is a veteran now and looks good enough in operating the offense, they have scored more first couple games than 6 games last year.. Their skill guys have been upgraded big time by multiple transfers from tamu, Alabama, etc. We will know more about them against Ole miss, but any team that can move the ball and score still scares me because idk how I feel about our defense yet.

Hopefully people dont overlook GT and understand with transfer portal a team can be made over quickly if HC adopts that acquisition strategy. They dont have a sack yet this season so TVD should be able to cook, we will get idea of their D in ole miss also.. But their O has done some work, havent really dove into GT yet, will probably have better breakdown that week.. Chase lane tamu transfer will miss this week but will probably be back for us.

GT and Lou will both be tough games IMO. Probably what separates a 10-2 or 8-4 type season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who wins in a game with Virginia and temple. Neutral field ?
Heads Or Tails Flip GIF by Hollyoaks

Some initial thoughts:

-Their QB will put the ball in harms way
-They use a lot of different guys to get it done on O
-Got to be ready for wheel routes and the TE can do damage
-Their D is aggressive and we'll have opportunities to go deep but need to block them up

I expect a close-ish game at half maybe like 17-7 but a 38-14 by end of game as we can wear them down.
I think we score more than 38 (as I predicted 44). But, I'd really like to see us try to light it up in this one. We need a "margin of victory" game for optics, and I'd like to see fans excited to get their asses to the Rock against GT.

So, I'd be really happy with something in the 60s.

Onto GT!!!

No doubt. I will be watching their game at Ole ****, and studying their condensed games from earlier in the year. GT will be a major ramp up from Temple. Our fans need to be the 12th man.

Advertisement
The team in the locker room showers barely finished washing their *** post-Bethune and we on to Temple. No time like the present, eh?
There's not a lot to break down from the Bethune game. It makes a lot more sense to start scrutinizing Temple and GT. These next two games are going to tell us a lot.

I think we score more than 38 (as I predicted 44). But, I'd really like to see us try to light it up in this one. We need a "margin of victory" game for optics, and I'd like to see fans excited to get their asses to the Rock against GT.

So, I'd be really happy with something in the 60s.
It’s difficult to score in the 60s when your offense is so well balanced.

We scored on every TVD-led drive with the exception of one where Young fumbled inside the 5 and “only” put up 34 points. That was halfway thru the 3rd quarter.

Advertisement
It’s difficult to score in the 60s when your offense is so well balanced.

We scored on every TVD-led drive with the exception of one where Young fumbled inside the 5 and “only” put up 34 points. That was halfway thru the 3rd quarter.
It's true, especially with the new clock rules. We churn up yards and the clock now. Will likely need some big plays on special teams, and turnovers to put up a 60 burger.

Advertisement
Back