Telly to fsu

Telly will get his down here.

**** he was the first to offer our commit in cam davis and had him committed.

But who cares really..fsu will always get guys down here...long as we keep most of the big fish.

this, plus if we keep going in the direction we are going he will be fighting florida for the few that will get out.

Advertisement
Willie Folden right on track doing everything an amateur does. He's loading up that staff with Pop Warner coaches. He thinks he's going to make his living in South Florida with a guy who hasn't coached HS ball down here in 7 years. What a dope.

But who cares really..fsu will always get guys down here...long as we keep most of the big fish.

and kick their a$$es on the field, beat-downs.

Can't say I know of anyone he's developed at RB and he's moving to coach TE's at FSU?

Easterling, Freeman, Cook, & Yearby...now you know.

He didn't develop any of those guys in college. If you're allowing a high school record to count, then Telly doesn't hold a candle to all the players Rumph "developed" at AH

LOL...JJ did:

Following a legendary stint at Miami's Southridge High School, Coach Jimmy Johnson tapped Don to be his linebackers and tight ends coach in 1984, a position he held throughout Johnson's tenure. Soldinger was instrumental in Miami's dominant defense, coaching future NFL defenders Micheal Barrow, Winston Moss, John McVeigh, and Rod Carter, along with tight end Alfredo Roberts.

In his second stint with the Hurricanes beginning in 1995, Soldinger came back as the running backs coach, nearly turning Miami's "Quarterback U" reputation into "Running Back U." He shaped the careers of some of Miami's finest backs, including Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, James Jackson and Danyell Ferguson.

Willie Folden right on track doing everything an amateur does. He's loading up that staff with Pop Warner coaches. He thinks he's going to make his living in South Florida with a guy who hasn't coached HS ball down here in 7 years. What a dope.

Yep - Alf thought he could win the community by hiring guys like Lice, Corey Balls, et al, but at the end of the day, the issue was with him and those guys really didn't move the meter much with regard to community outreach or recruiting. Taggart will go trhough the same - he might get a couple of 3 star kids from Miami but long term, having those coaches will hurt more than help.

Advertisement

Yep. FSU has had a top-tier recruiting class for many years running. That never mattered until we had frauds running the show down here and the enemies were able to feast. Now, a professional is in charge (with a professional staff).

The thing that really helps 2018 is the commitment of QB Jarren Williams. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Surtain somehow this year then this class might get decent. Samuel and Campbell I think are coming but ya never know.

Chatfield is coming. If Dent stays in the '18 class then I think we can keep Jobe, Hall, and Frierson with Hall being an athlete playing safety. Jobe only wants one defensive back in this class so it's important that Dent maybe stays in his class. Hall seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Recruiting... trending up

Apparently Pete likes this hire, either that or he’s being sarcastic. I don’t know which.

[TWEET]941002463523561474[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Can't say I know of anyone he's developed at RB and he's moving to coach TE's at FSU?

Easterling, Freeman, Cook, & Yearby...now you know.

He didn't develop any of those guys in college. If you're allowing a high school record to count, then Telly doesn't hold a candle to all the players Rumph "developed" at AH

Miami Central/Miami Northwestern produce more talent than Ah BY FAR. And especially when Lockette coached at the schools.
Lockette has more college coaching experience than Rumph to be fair.

Lockette is actually a good hire for them. As it stands they really don't have a S.Fla plug....Taggert isn't it. He has the sw fla area to tampa as his hub. They lost Brewster so now they have a guy on staff that is really plugged in that can identify guys in s.fla early in Telly. Problem is we now have a staff that identify guys early as well. Like I said Telly will be able to pull a few guys just like fsu always does. The key is I don't think they can march in and grab the cooks of the world anymore.

no one mentioned that he worked for taggart previously... its not just to suck up to miami kids

A guy that hasn’t coached or spent much time down here in what? Five years? You lose a lot of steam in that amount of time.

Advertisement
A guy that hasn’t coached or spent much time down here in what? Five years? You lose a lot of steam in that amount of time.

No you don't. He's really from The City. That ain't changing. He never lost steam actually ...he was on Cam Davis BEFORE us actually.
He was the plug for them when he was at USF as well. Telly is plugged in Dade County that's a fact. Yall could downplay if you want.
He'll be on the kids from MNW,Central,BTW just as early as us. For example he offered Jacquez Stuart already. That's a rb/wr that's at MNW that will likely blow up next year as well.

FSU under Jimbo and Bobby recruiting was humming at all times, aint nothing changing with Taggert, they'll likely be less National now with more of a presence in Tampa area. They'll have the same presence they always had in S.Fla.

FSU was able to get guys like Thomas and Cook because of their onfield success while UM struggled. That isn’t the case anymore.

Apparently Pete likes this hire, either that or he’s being sarcastic. I don’t know which.

[TWEET]941002463523561474[/TWEET]

Pete likes the hire because Pete still thinks that “recruiters” with south florida connections are the end all be all. Golden eventually hired an entire staff of “recruiters,” like Beard, Coley, Hurlie Brown, etc., many of hom had solid local connections, and still got his *** kicked because he had a **** product on the field. The loser Taggart will suffer from the same problem.

Like gogeta said, Lockette can help them identify kids early, but won’t really change anything.

Advertisement
I still have no effing clue who we are talking about.

Telly Lockette was the Miami Central HC before Roland Smith, he coached Freeman, Cook, Yearby. Went to be RB coach at USF, was the lead recruiter for Quinton Flowers.

FSU boards is fired up but... if he was an ace recruiter in South Florida, why couldn't he do better than Oregon State?

As I recall, Flowers was originally commited to Miami but bugged out because we took another QB in that class. Not like Telly outrecruited us, and that was Golden & company.

I still have no effing clue who we are talking about.

Telly Lockette was the Miami Central HC before Roland Smith, he coached Freeman, Cook, Yearby. Went to be RB coach at USF, was the lead recruiter for Quinton Flowers.

FSU boards is fired up but... if he was an ace recruiter in South Florida, why couldn't he do better than Oregon State?

Who the fvck want to go to Oregon state?

Telly got ties with HS coaches in Dade, Broward so it'll be easy for him to get guys. We still have the fence up, so we good.

Cam Davis was committed to Oregon State before Richt swiped him up...Just saying

Advertisement
Back