Tell me once again why we passed on Nik Bonitto?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was it a miss tho?
IMO yes…at the end of the day we can only speculate what a player will do under different circumstances. Maybe he comes here and sucks, maybe DJ Ivey would be an AA if he was coached at Bama…no one really knows so it’s all speculation and opinion. 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMO yes…at the end of the day we can only speculate what a player will do under different circumstances. Maybe he comes here and sucks, maybe DJ Ivey would be an AA if he was coached at Bama…no one really knows so it’s all speculation and opinion. 🤷🏻‍♂️
What I can tell. That’s was noticeable early in his recruiting process ..he was never coming here. I believe he was c/o 17..Phillips, Greg, garvin, Joe jack..would’ve been nice to have him this szn but IMO, he was t a miss given the production we’ve had at DE

Advertisement
Too big of a savage to play for us.
dont et why we never recruited him, stupid *** coaches we had for years and years. Horrible evaluations, the only evals they do are transfers cause they already know the player is good. Their entire film watch of a prospect may be worse than Dorito saying that white kid who runs a 5.3 can play Safety at the U.

dorito line : he knows how to play he recognizes it diagnoses it and plays safety" "he knows how to play safety cause he plays safety" fuqin retards.

The guy who trained Bonitto in high school tried to put Miami's staff on.
It fell of deaf ears.

Would love to have him and Dorlus up-front right now.
You mean the same dorlus who is Oregon’s best DL (after thibs went down) and was lightly recruited and is from south Florida? That dorlus?

“Never heard of him”
-manny

Advertisement
Not sure why people bumped my thread, but it's a legitimate head scratcher to me. LB is Manny's core position group, yet he's produced no one of note for 5 years. Some of that is injury. But a lot of it is bad evals and poor recruiting.

What's hilarious about the thread you referenced is the reasons people gave for not taking Bonito:
* Joyner's an AA
* Manny knows what he's doing with his evals...
* Next year's class is loaded at LB. In 2019, we took a converted DE in Brooks and a LB/S hybrid in Huff in the 2019 class.

Not sure why people bumped my thread, but it's a legitimate head scratcher to me. LB is Manny's core position group, yet he's produced no one of note for 5 years. Some of that is injury. But a lot of it is bad evals and poor recruiting.

What's hilarious about the thread you referenced is the reasons people gave for not taking Bonito:
* Joyner's an AA
* Next year's class is loaded at LB. In 2019, we took a converted DE in Brooks and a LB/S hybrid in Huff in the 2019 class.
Some of us saw this LB group shaping up before hand to look like it currently does.

Not sayiong Bonnito would of been a true lb in our scheme..but his flexibility and pass rush skill would of been 100% of use the last 2 years. I have no clue what folks were seeing...I mean i laid it out..Bonitto was doing what he was doing against some of the best high schoolers in the nation.

Advertisement
Some of us saw this LB group shaping up before hand to look like it currently does.

Not sayiong Bonnito would of been a true lb in our scheme..but his flexibility and pass rush skill would of been 100% of use the last 2 years. I have no clue what folks were seeing...I mean i laid it out..Bonitto was doing what he was doing against some of the best high schoolers in the nation.
We were preaching this for awhile. Cb too.

The guy who trained Bonitto in high school tried to put Miami's staff on.
It fell of deaf ears.

Would love to have him and Dorlus up-front right now.

This is Exactly how I recall his recruitment. I recall he was not a priority for us, and then at the end, tried to make a feeble effort in recruiting him.

* Joyner's an AA
"Manny knows what he's doing with his evals.."

that has been proven to not be true

Advertisement
Back