Tell me once again why we passed on Nik Bonitto?

Can't say this off one game man.....wait till he starts and if he does real good (which I doubt it's OU) then people can bytch.

Advertisement
Can't say this off one game man.....wait till he starts and if he does real good (which I doubt it's OU) then people can bytch.

I thought I was supposed to bytch on CIS.

I obviously feel Bonitto is a quality athlete who can play here at a high level. Yes, I know he is a DE/LB tweener, a 3-4 guy. But while Manny's base defense is a 4-3, he likes playing with multiple schemes depending on what the offense shows, which means he should want these types on a deep roster. And we need to stop playing with 70-75 guys (not counting PWOs).

I don't have any problem with people saying Bonitto wasn't a take provided we had an alternative commit in that class. I have a problem with passing on locals that Top 10 teams take when our depth chart is so bad we need to play walkons when the game is on the line, and we arguably lost a couple games because of that this season. That to me is inexcusable. And I think it's pretty lame to dismiss the abilities of a RS Freshman who has 32 tackles, 2 sacks and a game-ending interception over 10 games just because he's playing for Oklahoma's defense. What RS freshman linebacker has that production at Miami?

Advertisement
I thought I was supposed to bytch on CIS.

I obviously feel Bonitto is a quality athlete who can play here at a high level. Yes, I know he is a DE/LB tweener, a 3-4 guy. But while Manny's base defense is a 4-3, he likes playing with multiple schemes depending on what the offense shows, which means he should want these types on a deep roster. And we need to stop playing with 70-75 guys (not counting PWOs).

I don't have any problem with people saying Bonitto wasn't a take provided we had an alternative commit in that class. I have a problem with passing on locals that Top 10 teams take when our depth chart is so bad we need to play walkons when the game is on the line, and we arguably lost a couple games because of that this season. That to me is inexcusable. And I think it's pretty lame to dismiss the abilities of a RS Freshman who has 32 tackles, 2 sacks and a game-ending interception over 10 games just because he's playing for Oklahoma's defense. What RS freshman linebacker has that production at Miami?
I wanted Bonito everyone knows that...I didn't understand MD and the staff just like I don't understand the Hyppolite ****.

have you seen OUs defense? they look like they never practice. as go geta said, you never respect an OU defensive offer.

Have you seen our TEAM?

Man, y'all need to stop with this madness.

We needed to create a new position to utilize an extra safety in part because we don't have quality linebackers. We got four dudes that are at least in their third year with the program that can barely get special teams snaps. So, please save the notion that a player from a perennial Top 10 school in the nation "couldn't play here". I won't even entertain that buffoonery at this point.

Look at our recruiting class...we got a midget and Boris Karloff as the Mummy currently set to enroll and play linebacker for the University of Miami.

And y'all really got the cojones to say that a 4-star edge/linebacker from St. Thomas Aquinas couldn't play here?

source.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes & richt never had a word to say about the defensive side of the ball. That was all Mandy

Advertisement
If he came here he would’ve been a Jag

Quite possibly. Pretty crazy that he's thriving in a at-best, mediocre defense in OU. I honestly believe his growth would've been stunted at Miami. Shaq and Pinkney thrived because there really wasn't any prior depth at LB here that was noteable. Ever since, it's been all Manny's guys and they're mediocre.

where would he play here? Are we change our base defense so he has a stand up hybrid lb/edge position?
Anywhere he wanted. He could have played weakside linebacker. He could play end. We blitz our striker and inside linebackers quite frankly more than we should anyway with very little effect. In regards to the former, we moved a kid from safety to striker to weakside and we just lost him. In regards to the latter, we have nobody who is explosive enough coming off the edge. So my question is to you do you modify your system to work with the strengths of your athletes or do you put a square peg into a round hole Miami-style?

Advertisement
Back