Tee Martin

I'd rather Richt stick with what he has at this point. Tee Martin barely moves the needle, and I'd rather fast forward to a year where Richt double downed and continues to fail so that he can be outright fired. People think we just need QB development; that's just one of our problems.

Advertisement
I'd rather Richt stick with what he has at this point. Tee Martin barely moves the needle, and I'd rather fast forward to a year where Richt double downed and continues to fail so that he can be outright fired. People think we just need QB development; that's just one of our problems.

But if we have another year of Richt calling the offense there’s no way we pull in offensive talent like Payton. So that’s two year back to back **** recruited classes that will cripple the depth of the team. Say goodbye to the possibility of Don Chaney, Marcus Rosemy and all the south Florida skill talent if Richt’s offense takes the field in 2019.

We can’t sit around and do nothing this year. They need to hire an OC or UF and FSU will lap us in recruiting.

Matt Canada is available and had a good year with terrible circumstances at Maryland. He runs a pro spread and I think would mesh well with Richt. H

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tee Martin going public about wanting the OC job would make him the laziest hire possible. He's perfect for Mark Richt.

Advertisement
Tee Martin going public about wanting the OC job would make him the laziest hire possible. He's perfect for Mark Richt.

May be the best hire if (if....if......if) the BOT doesn't want to spend money to buy out Richt and hire a real HC with all the expenses
that entail, if for no other reason Martin is known as a solid recruiter. At least have a coach that can acquire talent before we are
ready to get rid of Richt.
I know, not what I would like to see, but better than most options if the buyout is prohibitive.

May be the best hire if (if....if......if) the BOT doesn't want to spend money to buy out Richt and hire a real HC with all the expenses
that entail, if for no other reason Martin is known as a solid recruiter. At least have a coach that can acquire talent before we are
ready to get rid of Richt.
I know, not what I would like to see, but better than most options if the buyout is prohibitive.
There are worse hires, it just seems so weak if they do it.

Advertisement
Two top 20 offenses is bad now ?

To be clear USC's scoring offense during Tee Martin's 2016 and 2017 tenure was ranked 36th and 35th respectively, not top 20. Given that Tee Martin's offense enjoyed the benefit of having the #3 draft choice playing at QB along with an OL far more talented than any team in the Pac-12 except arguably Stanford's, his offense under-performed and was a major disappointment, especially so in 2017 when Darnold's numbers really fell. In addition he coached an offensive scheme at USC that was identical to Mark Richt's offense. Martin's offense depends on out-talenting the opposition and does nothing to give players a schematic advantage. Zero innovation. Zero. Sound familiar?

I live in LA and watch all their games including many in person. USC fans despised Tee Martin as OC. Absolutely despised him. ****, Richt turned in the 50th ranked scoring offense this year. Yet Tee Martin could only muster a ranking 15 spots higher in spite of playing with Sam Darnold at QB along with great OL talent and the best skill position guys in the Pac-12. He obviously would have turned in a much worse offensive scoring ranking with Rosier/Perry at QB and our abomination of an OL. If we're thinking about hiring him as OC or QB coach, we might as well just let the Richt's continue to do it.

Last edited:
To be clear USC's scoring offense during Tee Martin's 2016 and 2017 tenure was ranked 36th and 35th respectively, not top 20. Given that Tee Martin's offense enjoyed the benefit of having the #3 draft choice playing at QB along with an OL far more talented than any team in the Pac-12 except arguably Stanford's, his offense under-performed and was a major disappointment, especially so in 2017 when Darnold's numbers really fell. In addition he coached an offensive scheme at USC that was identical to Mark Richt's offense. Martin's offense depends on out-talenting the opposition and does nothing to give players a schematic advantage. Zero innovation. Zero. Sound familiar?

I live in LA and watch all their games including many in person. USC fans despised Tee Martin as OC. Absolutely despised him. ****, Richt turned in the 50th ranked scoring offense this year. Yet Tee Martin could only muster a ranking 15 spots higher in spite of playing with Sam Darnold at QB along with great OL talent and the best skill position guys in the Pac-12. He obviously would have turned in a much worse offensive scoring ranking with Rosier/Perry at QB and our abomination of an OL. If we're thinking about hiring him as OC or QB coach, we might as well just let the Richt's continue to it.
I'm gonna pass on Tee Martin, unless he wants RBs & WRs under a new OC, because he does croot.

Advertisement
Back