Tee Martin

Miami plays little boy football.

The powers that be don't have the nuts to pay up and go get a big time guy like Bedenbaugh. They don't have the chest to even force Oklahoma to give him a substantial raise.

The powers that be don't have the foresight to grab a guy like Sean Gleeson.

The best you'll ever get is one of Richt's good ol boys or some no name Richt is giving a chance to.

Neither will be the real play caller.

Advertisement
I just don't think any hire that includes Rev remaining as HC helps one bit. Short term leases rarely work both on field and with recruiting. Everyone knows if he doesn't step down this is likely it this year. Just leave everything as is if so.

In a conference that plays little to no defense, outside of Utah and Washington. It was very concerning watching USC and how they waste such a talent advantage. Mind you, USC is easy to recruit itself. I can't recall a year they ever finished out of the top 10. They have no competition within the state; Stanford has strict academic requiprements, and Cal and UCLA are not the type of programs that are going to threaten USC.

Lots of out of state programs recruit SoCal hard. The entire pac12 recruits that area hard. Saying it’s easy for SC is like saying it’s easy for Miami and we are gonna be in the top 10 without trying. Clearly not the case.

Advertisement
Lots of out of state programs recruit SoCal hard. The entire pac12 recruits that area hard. Saying it’s easy for SC is like saying it’s easy for Miami and we are gonna be in the top 10 without trying. Clearly not the case.

Exactly. I don't know where this stuff comes from. The Arizona schools always pushed hard in southern California. Other schools in the conference realized they had to do the same thing. Washington is loaded with players from that area.

And defense was much better in the Pac 12 this year. Oregon State was horrendous. Other than that nobody else allowed 6+ yards per play. Normally there are 4 or 5 teams in the Pac 12 above 6 yards per play allowed. This season the Pac 12 numbers were very similar to the Big 10, in terms of yards per play allowed and how it broke down by tier throughout the conference. Typically those two conference aren't even close in that category. The Pac 12 was hardly excellent defensively but teams like California made a huge improvement and Herm Edwards also lowered Arizona State's allowance by more than a half yard per play. Cal lost the bowl in overtime to TCU but that game was 7-7 at the end of regulation.

This was hardly the Pac 12 of several years ago with pinball scores late at night on the east coast. Arizona led the conference at barely over 450 yards per game on average. That was 25th in the country.

Hypothetical question: You can either take Tee Martin as OC or wait to see who Richt hires? What say you?

Advertisement

Look at USC's recruiting rankings over the last 5 years. They always recruit well, and their kids usually opt to stay home. USC doesn't have to deal with what Miami has in two other Florida powers in FSU and UF. This also doesn't account for the litany of SEC schools that come into Florida. Miami and USC do not share the same concern in recruiting.

Advertisement
Tee Martin failed in 2018 and was fired. What else do you need to know? I know Brock has a list of excuses. I’m not buying anyone’s excuses anymore.

This would be the equivalent of Golden firing D’Onofrio in 2015 to save his job, only to replace him with a recently fired DC who ran the same passive 3-4 scheme. Hard pass.

Advertisement
He can call plays?!

USC was ranked 9th in their conference in scoring.

NINTH!!!

At USC!
Think i seen somewhere he had the number 20th and 13th rank offense in the country the previous two seasons so I think he's not as bad as ur trying to make him seem. He had a freshman QB this year so imma give him the benefit of the doubt cause with a freshman QB a lot of offenses will struggle unless you have a mean running game! But like you stated still don't want him as a OC here at this time. Would like to see someone more experienced.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tee-Martin-Miami-Hurricanes-offensive-coordinator-job-126976581/

I received a Google alert on my phone saying that 247 had a report about Tee Martin wanting the Miami OC job. The title was definitely misleading, because when I saw the title, I immediately thought that I missed the announcement that we were officially looking for an OC. Clearly, no such statement or announcement has been made. F'uck me!

Nevertheless, it must be something to the rumors, considering that Martin is publicly advocating for the role. According to the article he currently has offers from Louisville and G-Tech.

I have mixed feelings about whether or not he would be the type of OC we need at Miami. However, regardless of my personal feelings, it seems as though we are closer to actual changes taking place, than I ever imagined we would be under Richt! Right now, all I have is hope; this article provided me a little bit more of it.

Advertisement
Back