Teddy Bridgewater named new HC at Miami Northwestern

Advertisement
This is what I thought it was. That when Shannon got fired, Teddy decided to go to Louisville. This account here doesn’t seem like his offer was pulled. So what is it? If his offer was pulled, I’ll look at it all differently.
It's not just an account, it's court testimony under oath. Teddy, Burgess, and Rogers all had to speak to the NCAA regarding their Miami recruitment and as far we know didn't refute PeeWee's testimony as none of them faced repercussions.

It's not just an account, it's court testimony under oath. Teddy, Burgess, and Rogers all had to speak to the NCAA regarding their Miami recruitment and as far we know didn't refute PeeWee's testimony as none of them faced repercussions.
Ok so all y’all defenders of ye ole throat slasher better recognize.

Ok so all y’all defenders of ye ole throat slasher better recognize.
I mean it's possible he had his offer pulled. Golden was a duplicitous ****. But if Golden did, he did it either before, during, or after committing multiple NCAA infractions in setting up a meeting with Teddy at Dan Marino's, which was set up to secure his commitment. All of this being backed up under oath from a former University employee. Good luck squaring that away.

Or...Teddy, like a million other Miami kids who turned their back on the home team before and after him, is lying through his once crooked teeth.

Advertisement
interesting review of this thread -- has me more confused over the teddy-miami stuff than ever before.

as i recall, teddy had no issue with miami, and golden didnt drop teddy.

i think teddy soured on miami because there was an uncomfortably racial aspect to fans' dissatisfaction regarding the combination of shannon as head coach and jacory (teddy's friend) as qb. hiring al golden wasnt going to move the needle for teddy at that point.

After what alfraud did to him he's the first player I can understand and accept where he was coming from. He wasn't that way towards us. He was basically telling our coaches **** you. To be kid who always wanted to play for your local school you cheered for and have your offer pulled by the new head corch at the last second it's not an easy thing to endure. Most other people who have jumped on that trend are simply ***aloons. Him I understand. That was from the heart for him. I became friends with teddy pretty early on. He's told me this story himself.
didn't know fraudulent al pulled his scholarship.

have always respected the kid. by all accounts, he is/was a great son to his mom who was very ill and great human being.

welcome him back to the 305 and wish him the best.

When he told you the story himself, I hope you told him that while you can definitely understand the frustration and animosity towards the HC, "The U" is more than any single player or coach. And that the symbol (i.e., the U) is greater than any single individual involved with the program because it's representative of EVERY individual involved with the program.

You want to tell Folden to go **** yourself, awesome. I'm cool with that. I'll buy a bullhorn and sound system to make sure he hears it loud and clear. But when you disrespect the symbol of the university, you disrespect the entire university (not just Folden).
tough distinction for an 18 year old to make, it is almost irrelevant.

Dam I remember when Teddy was like a freshman and they were already hyping him up and he was also a baseball prospect. I think they used to put him in the game tgo run triple option plays against teams. Dude was destined just by name alone, that is a pro athlete star name if there ever was one.. This some full circle type ****, salute to him and hope he succeeds and bring back multiple state titles to the west..

Denver Broncos Salute GIF by Broncos

Advertisement
Still bitter over the bowl game, throat slash and disrespect. Never a fan after that. My issues - trying to work through it.

Dam I remember when Teddy was like a freshman and they were already hyping him up and he was also a baseball prospect. I think they used to put him in the game tgo run triple option plays against teams. Dude was destined just by name alone, that is a pro athlete star name if there ever was one.. This some full circle type ****, salute to him and hope he succeeds and bring back multiple state titles to the west..

Denver Broncos Salute GIF by Broncos
Thats that Bahamian blood man.

Teddy is the coolest down to earth dude from down here. This is good for um as he likely gets some kids back to MNW and they arre our feeder school.

I dont remember if AL rescinded the offer but Teddy , Mike Lee Harris, and i think El Rogersi high tailed it up to Louisville.

The crazy part is Mike Lee was MNW coach last year and was on our staff at a time but just took the wr coach job at Wofford.

for class of 26 they have Tino Lopez at qb and Calvin Russell who may end up a 5 star wr.

tough distinction for an 18 year old to make, it is almost irrelevant.

False. He was 21 years old at the time (with 3 years to get over any perceived slight from Folden passing him over). If you don't think those 3 years are significant there is no point even responding. Regardless, if you teach them the distinction, they will understand it... which was the thrust of my post.

Thats that Bahamian blood man.

Teddy is the coolest down to earth dude from down here. This is good for um as he likely gets some kids back to MNW and they arre our feeder school.

I dont remember if AL rescinded the offer but Teddy , Mike Lee Harris, and i think El Rogersi high tailed it up to Louisville.

The crazy part is Mike Lee was MNW coach last year and was on our staff at a time but just took the wr coach job at Wofford.

for class of 26 they have Tino Lopez at qb and Calvin Russell who may end up a 5 star wr.
Eli Rogers went there with him. I think James Burgess was there too though maybe he was a little before that? Davonte Parker was a beast in college.

Advertisement
Yes, it was Al Golden, but we didn't have the luxury of hindsight back then and the whole point is Teddy is not a U/Miami alum or fan. So not see him going to NW as a plus at all.

I don't think the right question is what Bridgewater's relationship to UM is....I think the right question is what is Bridgewater's relationship to Mario.
I think we will be okay.

Advertisement
If I am the gentleman you are referencing, I have not chosen to forget a **** thing. Just because every and any player/coach represents the University, does not mean they are the University, are greater than the University, or change the fact that the University represents hundreds of thousands of people beyond that one man. I wouldn't slap a man's son or father if I had a problem with that one man, even though they all represent the same last name.

I'll also point out you've cited the worst possible example to support your point (at least as it relates to this gentleman).

As for the empty seats, I've been a season ticket holder for about 2/3 of my 41 years on this Earth (including the last 12...). My *** is in those seats.
May have to start referring to you as No_Fly_Banner_Zone….

This is how that whole “crank” thing came into vogue on CIS.

@The Franchise and @ben , I remember you guys playing key rolls in the rise of the crank on CIS.

Post in thread 'And the hits keep coming...'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/and-the-hits-keep-coming.103790/post-2671540

You all wanna see an implosion?

@Confidence1000, this was before your time here. Just search the
word crank and @The Franchise in the search function on CIS.

🤣
Nah I was on the board but I just wasn’t posting yet 😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Back