Teddy Bridgewater named new HC at Miami Northwestern

I remember being pretty shocked by the amount of **** talk here when I first joined. I know it was a bunch of jokes but it’s still not what you expect when you first sign up for a football message board.

Advertisement
Yall talk about recruiting like its a gang or something man lol get out of your feelings

“Turned their back on the home team” no dude he just decided to play football somewhere else lmao
It was posted that his offer was pulled, in a sympathetic manner to him, so we’re actually trying to clarify whether his offer was pulled or he decommitted, and he did in fact decommit when Shannon was fired. From there people have expressed their feelings in response to a variety of things.

Now, he broke that []_[] on the field and did that throat slash thing so I was done with him at that moment as were many others here. This is a Canes board 1st. Players have a right to go elsewhere and do that disrespecting crap to UM but don’t expect this board to show those players any love whatsoever when they return.

IMG_4372.gif

IYKYK @ben @SpikeUM

Advertisement
Coach Bridgewater will certainly give Mario & Co. support. BUT, for the kids that need to leave town for familyt/social/posse reasons he'll support them leaving. He's focused on Northwestern and the kids.
As he should be. It’s not his job to get Miami back to prominence. His number 1 job is to get MNW back on top, and helping his kids succeed in life. I’m pretty sure he won’t steer kids away from us.

Yall talk about recruiting like its a gang or something man lol get out of your feelings

“Turned their back on the home team” no dude he just decided to play football somewhere else lmao
I'm good. Just don't **** on my head and tell me it's raining because you don't want to deal with residual backlash from not staying home. Be up front about it. Say, "I didn't buy what Golden was selling." That's a **** of a lot more palatable and honest considering what we know and experienced under Golden. Don't go telling lies to former players to babyface and ingratiate yourself to them.

Last edited:
As far as I’m concerned, whatever happened, it’s water under the bridge for me. Of course I hated the throat slash gesture and the whole thing, but that was then and this is now.

The most important issue for me going forward is his relationship with Mario and the university.

I'm fairly confident that both gentlemen will have a cordial working relationship which should lead to Miami getting a fair shake in recruiting opportunities at MNW, and as we all know, and both men understand, that’s a two-way street.

One thing is certain, irrespective of the past, Mario will relentlessly recruit MNW when warranted, and I suspect both men will develop respect for each other.

Advertisement
Fans of the program vs. an opp? Lol. I don’t compare Teddy w/ fans. Fans can be erratic and unhinged. ****, fans in Bama was petitioning for Saban to leave b/c he didn’t make the CFP in 2022.

What I’m saying is dude de-committed prior to Golden coming on board. Dude took an OV to UL as soon as he de-committed. So how am I going to blame Golden for what he felt was in his best interest prior to Golden? I’m not going to pretend like I know the ins & outs, but it appears by all accounts of guys who are familiar w/ Teddy either as HS teammates or classmates that he wanted to play for a Black coach, hence he immediately went to UL to visit. If I’m not mistaken, in 2010 there were only Shannon, Strong, & Taggart as Black HC in 2010 (maybe missing 1 or 2).

And I’m not sure how equating a guy who played for another team disrespecting The []_[] correlates to fans who are telling the coach tgtfo via a plane. Furthermore, CIS don’t have to provide trolls bulletin board material on Mario; ESPN, BR, Fox Sports, The Games themselves provide that material just fine. If anything I’m more upset at results v. what some fans have to say.
This is exactly the story that I remember being reported back then. He was upset that Shannon was fired, and wanted to play for a Black head coach, which is why he then chose to go play for Coach Strong at UL.

His number one thing will be recruiting -Lots of players end up going to Central,Norland ,STA,AH Plantation,Chaminade etc-

I think he’ll do a good job there -He’s going to have a high powered offense.

Advertisement
I'm good. Just don't **** on my head and tell me it's raining because you don't want to deal with residual backlash from not staying home. Be up front about it. Say, "I didn't buy what Golden was selling." That's a **** of a lot more palatable and honest considering what we know and experienced under Golden. Don't go telling lies to former players to babyface and ingratiate yourself to them.
We wouldn’t know if it was lies or not because we don’t know what happened behind the scenes. We only know what’s reported which is usually not the full truth

Either way it doesn’t matter lol yall thinking yall matter enough to consider it ****in on your head and telling u its rain is what’s hilarious lol. Who gives af where he went or how it happened, its their decision and they dont owe anyone explanations about it and we shouldn’t care either or take it as a slight these are strangers to us lol

Advertisement
Back